AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-04, 10:02   Link #221
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Funnily enough, I'd say those are the two best shows that have aired on Noitamina.
I agree but I would also add Mononoke to that list
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 08:25   Link #222
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well i have to say, it's good to see that episode five didn't feel rushed like the previous four episodes have. Also to me, it felt like a classic episode from the first series with the 'acknowledgment of Nodame's true self', together with Chiaki thinking that he'd be left alone this Christmas, like he was all the time as a young boy.

Also, i have to mention just how awesome that fight scene was. Completely out of the blue, though i'm glad they were able to sort things out. Oh and Nodame's 'secret sexy Chiaki photo collection' made me laugh quite a bit.
Old 2008-11-07, 13:21   Link #223
CWW
Lurker

I can just picture how it's going to be in bed after seeing that scene.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 15:58   Link #224
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I want the ending song on Gendou now. @_@

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 18:41   Link #225
Zippicus

Episode 5 was great, it was full of Nodame goodness. The highlight for me would have to be the fight scene.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 21:06   Link #226
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Great episode! 4 and 5 are finally getting me into this series,
Spoiler for episode 5:

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 22:12   Link #227
MissInformed

I also thought it had more of the feel of the original series! Especially the first half. I was looking forward to the fight scene. It didn't play out quite as I imagined it, but it was still good.
MissInformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 22:02   Link #228
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

They tried to squeeze almost an entire manga volume into episode 5 and sure enough it did not work that well. Nodame overcoming her difficulties with studying music theory and understanding Bach this time was not merely shortened but was cut entirely for some reason - and apart from the lovers quarrel in the end it was the entire point of this story arc for her. It was not just her visiting some church on a whim.

So once again the humour is good but the character development is sub-par. At least Kuroki's culture shock was not butchered.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 06:26   Link #229
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
They tried to squeeze almost an entire manga volume into episode 5 and sure enough it did not work that well. Nodame overcoming her difficulties with studying music theory and understanding Bach this time was not merely shortened but was cut entirely for some reason - and apart from the lovers quarrel in the end it was the entire point of this story arc for her. It was not just her visiting some church on a whim.

So once again the humour is good but the character development is sub-par. At least Kuroki's culture shock was not butchered.
I haven't read the manga, but even as a non-manga reader there was something about this ep that didn't quite feel right. Particularly the scene that came after their fight which almost struck me as a non-sequitur.

Ep 5

But even the fight didn't feel right. It was presented so comically, and it was really funny, but simultaneously it was rather serious. It's so difficult to switch from comedic to serious and back again without making it feel jarring, and that's exactly how this scene felt. Admittedly, I did like the rest of the episode. However, other than a couple of scenes, I'm not sure I'd argue it'd have been all too different, impact-wise, if Kuroki hadn't been in it.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 09:30   Link #230
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
That fight they had and how quickly they recovered was awesome. ;d

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 09:35   Link #231
MissInformed

IMHO, that fight is one of the best parts of the manga. I agree something about it didn't feel quite right. It was almost TOO comical. Though I don't know Japanese, I can't help but wonder if another translation would make more sense (I watched HGF). I know translation can be more of an art than a science, so it makes sense that it would be different, but I'm pretty sure the wording in the manga translation I read made a little more sense, too.

Then again, everything makes more sense when it's not chopped up ^^
MissInformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 09:55   Link #232
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I think they made the fight too unrealistic. I mean. it's not terribly realistic in the manga either but in the anime Nodame was like a character from an a B-movie about eastern martial arts and gravity suddenly stopped being an issue for her.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 11:00   Link #233
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched up to Episode 5 (articles are delayed due to assignment deadlines), and honestly, the last one caused me to make the same face I made in my Episode 2 article. WTF was with that fight? Particularly Nodame's first attack; I could tack a Spinzaku on that scene and it wouldn't be out of place at all.

-_-"
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 11:12   Link #234
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I don't know... I agree with most of the people in this thread. I really "enjoyed" the fight, but I felt like it wasn't right for some reason. I never disliked the fight at all. It just felt somewhat out of place with the episode...weird.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 13:55   Link #235
bruno321
Whirling Knife

Send a message via MSN to bruno321
This is killing me: the song from the opening is blatantly similar to some song from the score of a classic Hollywood flick (an epic one). I thought it was from Ben-Hur, but then I youtube'd it and didn't find anything. It wasn't Lawrence of Arabia, either. Doesn't anybody notice?
bruno321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 14:40   Link #236
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
There is nothing like a domestic brawl in the middle of downtown PARIS complete with once Falcon kick, two falcon slaps and a move that resembled Terry's Rising Tackle from The King of Fighters executed by Nodame.

We hurt the ones we love out of love i think........
Old 2008-11-11, 14:54   Link #237
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno321 View Post
This is killing me: the song from the opening is blatantly similar to some song from the score of a classic Hollywood flick (an epic one). I thought it was from Ben-Hur, but then I youtube'd it and didn't find anything. It wasn't Lawrence of Arabia, either. Doesn't anybody notice?
The song from the OP? You mean Sky High?

It's a direct (and awful, IMHO) rip from Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto no. 2, Op. 18. The tune they're using appears in both Movement 2: Adagio Sostenuto and Movement 3: Allegro Scherzando. It HAS been used in some classic Hollywood flicks like The Seven Year Itch, so maybe you're not far off there.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 16:31   Link #238
bruno321
Whirling Knife

Send a message via MSN to bruno321
!!!

Thank you! I can't believe how off I was. Of course it sounded really familiar: I love that Piano Concerto (both nş 2 and nş 3 are beautiful...). Thanks!
bruno321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 17:06   Link #239
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

That Chiaki must have really riled up Nodame's frustration for her to attack him with such violence. The guy is so dense. I wonder how he can understand music with a head filled with concrete.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 20:44   Link #240
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
I haven't read the manga, but even as a non-manga reader there was something about this ep that didn't quite feel right. Particularly the scene that came after their fight which almost struck me as a non-sequitur.
I felt the same way. The exact same way.
Although the characters are still so much fun and so entertaining to see animated, the pacing, balance and themes of the show just seem so jumbled and out of wack this season. It's really hard to see the point they're trying to make with each episode. It feels like they're just zooming along throwing random bits of a greater story at you and occasionally slowing down for some emotional and romantic development from or between Chiaki and Nodame.
I actually felt like this was the most obvious in the last two episodes, despite them containing some really cute scenes between the main couple.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina