AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-03-30, 01:09   Link #341
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i think with ems, you can spam ms techique as much as you want without getting blind if you have enough chakra...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 01:21   Link #342
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Such would be the point of it being "eternal".
Old 2010-03-30, 02:31   Link #343
CoreyPmc1
BlackDeath Anonymous

Send a message via AIM to CoreyPmc1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
On the other hand he is just an idiot who is always controlled by someone, many people competed for the influence over Sasuke. We see how Orochimaru was afraid that Naruto's growing influence over Sasuke will ruin his plans to control Sasuke. We have seen that Sasuke was doing what Itachi wanted, until Madara came and now Sasuke is controlled by Madara. Again we see how Madara has a bit of fear that Naruto might influence Sasuke just like he did with Nagato.

On the surface it seems that it is Sasuke who has "free will", the one who does what he wants, while Naruto is bound to the village and must listen to orders given to him. However if we look behind this surface what we see is that Sasuke is always controlled by powerful people while Naruto is the one who somehow controls powerful people. Look at people like Tsunade, Jiraiya, Chiyo, Gaara, Shikamaru's father, Kakashi, Nagato and many more, Naruto has or had great influence on them, many of them changed their mind and began to do the opposite of what they were doing until then. Even if he is a genin in most of the cases even the hokage is doing what Naruto wants, for example Kakashi and Yamato went out to the kage summit because Naruto wanted that, and the latest event: the chuunins and jounins are listening to Naruto when he says that he is the only one to fight with Sasuke, despite he is not even telling them the reason.
I Definitely agree
Old 2010-03-30, 06:31   Link #344
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I will disagree with this, though, if for no other reason than the fact that the manga is named Naruto, and it would be the pinnacle of bad writing (or at least shitty writing) for the main protagonist to be nothing more than a plot device for the antagonist
I know this was dedicated to Hunter, furthermore I agree with you except one point. Just what you said makes it most presumable that it will happen.

Quote:
@Hunter: Sasuke becoming the "incarnation of the problem" is only the means by which Naruto can find a solution/prove whatever solution he concocts. Consequently, as I said, Sasuke is plot device for Naruto's solution.
Yes, indeed, and it means that Sasuke still has to grow because up to now, the real conflict is missing. If Sasuke killed Sakura, things would be different.

Quote:
...pointing out that Naruto had character development, whereas I do not believe Sasuke has really had any
That's what I wanted to say as well.

Quote:
On the other hand he is just an idiot who is always controlled by someone, many people competed for the influence over Sasuke. We see how Orochimaru was afraid that Naruto's growing influence over Sasuke will ruin his plans to control Sasuke. We have seen that Sasuke was doing what Itachi wanted, until Madara came and now Sasuke is controlled by Madara. Again we see how Madara has a bit of fear that Naruto might influence Sasuke just like he did with Nagato.
There is always a bigger fish, but don't forget that Suigetsu can turn into the sea itself.

Quote:
Naruto has or had great influence on them, many of them changed their mind and began to do the opposite of what they were doing until then. Even if he is a genin in most of the cases even the hokage is doing what Naruto wants, for example Kakashi and Yamato went out to the kage summit because Naruto wanted that, and the latest event: the chuunins and jounins are listening to Naruto when he says that he is the only one to fight with Sasuke, despite he is not even telling them the reason.
I think that he never noticed how spoiled he was. With Kakashi, he got one of the strongest Jounin trainers in the village.
Even during the chuunin exams, the Hokage's grandchild's trainer spent some time training Naruto... until Jiraiya, one of the legendary sannin came along and trained him. Ebisu didn't know what we all know, but Jiraiya and Kakashi both knew who Naruto is - their student's/teacher's son. In fact, Naruto had a strong teacher and he fascinates people the way his father did. He might be very different, but in fact, he's the guy people follow because they just feel that they can trust him and rely on him.

Suigetsu is the best, we all know that. Naruto's not able to hold a candle on Suigetsu. He'd give it all into one blast and Suigetsu would simply survive. Running water never grows stale. You can't land a hit on Suigetsu... In fact, Suigetsu could simply make Madara drown.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993

Last edited by SuigetsuKun; 2010-03-30 at 06:44.
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 07:39   Link #345
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

is the latest spoiler just LOLing me????

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-30, 07:43   Link #346
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
Suigetsu is the best, we all know that. Naruto's not able to hold a candle on Suigetsu. He'd give it all into one blast and Suigetsu would simply survive. Running water never grows stale. You can't land a hit on Suigetsu... In fact, Suigetsu could simply make Madara drown.
Or Naruto can use rasenshuriken and eradicate all water and Suigetsu together.
Old 2010-03-30, 07:43   Link #347
Kakosan

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post

Spoiler:
Most probably.... can't you see Hidan is not included?
Kakosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 07:51   Link #348
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakosan View Post
Most probably.... can't you see Hidan is not included?
Hidan can't die. He is still under the ground cursing Shikamaru...
Old 2010-03-30, 08:18   Link #349
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Kishimoto recently said that Hidan wasn't dead...yet. He is decomposing and will die soon. So that's why he is not there. Sucks to be Hidan. Shika really pwned him since Kabuto can't even use him. Now he is irrelevant.

The spoilers seem legit. Nja wasn't trolling. He also said their eyes are black. Zombie Akasuki.

Honestly, it seems like Kishi brought back these guys so the side characters have something to fight during the war. I imagine the zombies will be weaker than the original since they lack free will. Maybe there will be more zombies? Naruto is turning into a George Romero movie.
Old 2010-03-30, 08:21   Link #350
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post

Spoiler:
-Yes, it is just pulling you by the nose. Edotensei is a justu that requires human sacrifices and in this case, Kabuto would need 5 of them. And from the spoilers, it seems like he had none with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Hidan can't die. He is still under the ground cursing Shikamaru...
-Actually, Hidan can die since he needs to keep killing to keep up his immortality. Since he hasn't done that in a while it is likely that he is dead (though no actual time in between kills to prove this has been stated).
Old 2010-03-30, 08:28   Link #351
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Yes, it is just pulling you by the nose. Edotensei is a justu that requires human sacrifices and in this case, Kabuto would need 5 of them. And from the spoilers, it seems like he had none with him.
Well, he was shown killing those waterfall nin IIRC...

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 08:29   Link #352
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
The spoiler would tell us that Kabuto went to the Hidden Waterfall because Kakuzu's body was there, am I right?
Old 2010-03-30, 08:30   Link #353
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
A few chapters ago it showed Kabuto killing some ninja. Those are the guys. Their bodies become the new vessels. Just like Kin and Zaku did with the First and Second Hokages.

Nja is standing behind this spoiler and already posted the correct Bleach and OP spoilers. It's real.

Naruto will also meet Kirabi and someone with powerful eyes in the future. Likely Sasuke with Itachi's eyes.
Old 2010-03-30, 08:57   Link #354
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
A few chapters ago it showed Kabuto killing some ninja. Those are the guys. Their bodies become the new vessels. Just like Kin and Zaku did with the First and Second Hokages.

Nja is standing behind this spoiler and already posted the correct Bleach and OP spoilers. It's real.

Naruto will also meet Kirabi and someone with powerful eyes in the future. Likely Sasuke with Itachi's eyes.
-Ah I see, that would make more sense then. Though didn't Kabuto starngle them to death? I thought the sacrifices were supposed to be living. Then again, he did only go after their throats so maybe he just made them pass out and then used their unconscious bodies for the sacrifice. Well, I guess you can look at it this way: at least those fodder ninja now get to be imitation Akatsuki which is a much better fate than being fodder.
Old 2010-03-30, 09:01   Link #355
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
@Hunter: Sasuke becoming the "incarnation of the problem" is only the means by which Naruto can find a solution/prove whatever solution he concocts. Consequently, as I said, Sasuke is plot device for Naruto's solution. (Additionally, I never claimed that Naruto's character development was good (if readers will recall, I, along with Rahan, was one fo the most vocal on this forum, concerning Naruto's awful "discussions" with Karui and the Raikage), rather I was simply pointing out that Naruto had character development, whereas I do not believe Sasuke has really had any (or at least nothing to the degree that Naruto had). Also, I did not mind that Naruto did not have an answer to Nagato's meaningful questions, in fact I find that refreshing (many other manga that ask such questions resort to some BS (which Naruto will eventually also use) about "peace, love and understanding"), because there si no real answer; but, I hated Nagato's reaction to Naruto's words.)
The problem here is that your definition of plot device is way too large, going by this everything and everyone is a plot device and so pointing out Sasuke as a plot device has little value because it just means he is the 2nd most important plot device of the story.
I wasn't saying you thought Naruto's development was good, I was saying that you, and many others people in this thread, are holding a double standard according to your feelings rather than facts.
I think your dislike of Sasuke's character and the way he has been developed make you say he has had none whereas it is obviously untrue :
While they all are shounen characters, ie one dimensional archetype unlikely to change in any great way (at least more than once if they used to be vilain) Sasuke's persona has changed a lot since its creation.
Of course -just as everyone else- his main goal has remained the same, but the boy who would sacrifice himself to save his friends became someone who would smile while attempting to kill them just because they stood in the way or were no longer useful to him on the short run. That's one hell of a change, claiming there has been no development between the Sasuke who tried to save Karin from Amaterasu and the one who coldly attempted to kill her because she was no longer useful is nothing but selective blindness.

Now let's take a look at Naruto since those two are always compared (and since they are the only two characters Kishimoto really bothers about). Almost the same can be said about him, his main goal hasn't changed since the beginning, in fact I happen to think Naruto and Sasuke's development are incredibly similar but going in exactly in opposite direction.
Naruto's main goal hasn't changed one bit since the first arc and was firmly stated at the end in front of the graves of Zabuza and Haku : changing the meaning of being a ninja. Even becoming Hokage and saving Sasuke is an extension to that. As the story unfolded Naruto's goal became more global, to be a different kind of ninja, to eventually change the Hyuga, to change his ennemy into what he believed they should be, to make those change to the entire ninja society. His goal hasn't changed, his simply extended them to the rest of the world.
Which is exactly what happened to Sasuke's characters as well, his main goal hasn't changed, but as he fell prey to his own rage and hatred he also extended them to the rest Konoha (and considering the way he is going, the world if he were to success, just like Nagato once did).
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 10:31   Link #356
Sasheks

^I agree with you about the character development thing, they both have developed.
Though Naruto and Sasuke did change their roles slightly.
/Naruto - charging ahead with screams and fists ; Sasuke - thinking,
whereas now Naruto tries to actually talk with his enemies while Sasuke is attacking everything and everyone/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
I don't know if you're joking or not but is it just me or did Juugo actually carried a beaten up Suigetsu on his back after the Kirabi fight. But then again he saved their sorry as*es.
Sasheks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 17:36   Link #357
michaelman

Now that Sasuke has Itachi eyes

Now that Sasuke has Itachi's eyes... Will he get the legendary sword and shield that Itachi equiped his version of susano with?
michaelman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion