021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Bleach... 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-04-25, 22:52   Link #61
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
You know, the only glaring animation mistake I ever saw out of this episode was when Pain's caterpillar was first summoned, it had normal-looking eyes, but when it came to the scene when Sakura fought it, it only then had full Rinnegan detail...

Yes, I called it a caterpillar, my cute way of an insult when the anime team manages to make one minute mistake...I don't normally criticize animation efforts or lack there-of, but it's just one of those careful things one has to make sure not to make the mistake of, kind of like drawing a Byakugan user with actual pupils, or talking about Fight Club...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 23:40   Link #62
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
You know, the only glaring animation mistake I ever saw out of this episode was when Pain's caterpillar was first summoned, it had normal-looking eyes, but when it came to the scene when Sakura fought it, it only then had full Rinnegan detail...

Yes, I called it a caterpillar, my cute way of an insult when the anime team manages to make one minute mistake...I don't normally criticize animation efforts or lack there-of, but it's just one of those careful things one has to make sure not to make the mistake of, kind of like drawing a Byakugan user with actual pupils, or talking about Fight Club...
Spot on!

I think this thread is now complete with your touch in it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 00:06   Link #63
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well, TBH.. the mistake was the rinnegan eyes... No summons during Pein vs Jiraiya have Rinnegan either, and the panel when the "caterpillar" was summoned dont have Rinnegan eyes either
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 04:17   Link #64
neshru

All of Pain's summons have the Rinnegan. But drawing/colouring errors happen all the time. 152 had so many of them it was ridiculous.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 04:23   Link #65
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Really? Even during Jiraiya's fight? My bad then.. I aint reading that arc again.. Every time I think of it, a little bit of me died alongside Jiraiya
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-26, 05:35   Link #66
Alchemist007
*Author

I can understand why. But I like to also think it as Jiraiya's ass kicking moment. He definitely showed what he had. It's not like Pein could've won with one body amirite?!
Old 2010-04-26, 06:03   Link #67
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
I checked and the caterpillar has Rinnegan eyes in every scene. Are you talking about some other episode?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 10:51   Link #68
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I found something else weird in this episode. You know that girl with the glasses that loves Shikamaru? Go back and see when she was introduced just a few episodes ago. Or look at the scene with Sakura in the manga when they are at the table talking about Pein. Any difference? Weird.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 12:48   Link #69
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Holy $hit, I didn’t know Konoha was gonna get owned this hard…Sasuke’s not gonna have anything to revenge against at this rate…I thought there’d be a few cosmetic explosions and what not while the “Z fighters" try and hold Painapolooza down until Goku returned from King Kai’s, but damn it’s like 30% of the village has been destroyed …I thought Konoha had their $hit together....Apparently not…Tsunade and the rest just sit there and talk about cake recipes when shit is hitting UC Gundam level building-crumbling outside the window…Very odd indeed how lax the higher-ups and ninja’s were handling this cataclysmic event…I atleast thought Danzou had the underground Yoyo Gabba masked ANBU-squads ready for something like this…That was a relatively easy plan by Pain, and Konoha’s defenses and reaction to being tricked by the Pain clones was quite ghey…Sheeeesh…

In any event that makes for a good “Oh $hit” episode the likes I hadn’t seen in quite sometime…So Konoha is NOTHING without Genin Naruto? Is that what I’m supposed to derive from the events of this episode? Sure seems like it…Hold on “Z-fighters” looks lot a whole lot more a$$-kicking is in-store before Oil-powered Frogruto returns on his flying Nimbus Cloud…
Old 2010-04-26, 19:11   Link #70
Alchemist007
*Author

Genin in title only.
Old 2010-04-26, 19:28   Link #71
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Genin in title only.
You mean Rank.

It's like, just because you're a private doesn't mean you can't kick a sergeant's ass.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 22:27   Link #72
CoreyPmc1
BlackDeath Anonymous

Send a message via AIM to CoreyPmc1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Holy $hit, I didn’t know Konoha was gonna get owned this hard…Sasuke’s not gonna have anything to revenge against at this rate…I thought there’d be a few cosmetic explosions and what not while the “Z fighters" try and hold Painapolooza down until Goku returned from King Kai’s, but damn it’s like 30% of the village has been destroyed …I thought Konoha had their $hit together....Apparently not…Tsunade and the rest just sit there and talk about cake recipes when shit is hitting UC Gundam level building-crumbling outside the window…Very odd indeed how lax the higher-ups and ninja’s were handling this cataclysmic event…I atleast thought Danzou had the underground Yoyo Gabba masked ANBU-squads ready for something like this…That was a relatively easy plan by Pain, and Konoha’s defenses and reaction to being tricked by the Pain clones was quite ghey…Sheeeesh…

In any event that makes for a good “Oh $hit” episode the likes I hadn’t seen in quite sometime…So Konoha is NOTHING without Genin Naruto? Is that what I’m supposed to derive from the events of this episode? Sure seems like it…Hold on “Z-fighters” looks lot a whole lot more a$$-kicking is in-store before Oil-powered Frogruto returns on his flying Nimbus Cloud…
You have no Idea... The world must know PAIN

I wish I could erase Naruto out of my head so I could re-watch it... If only...
Old 2010-04-26, 23:12   Link #73
Alchemist007
*Author

wingdarkness, if you're an anime only dude, I envy you.
Old 2010-04-26, 23:18   Link #74
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Ha, I take rep-points as envy you know^^...

Yuuup, This is all new for me...So waiting 4 years for epic arc was worth it I presume...
Old 2010-04-26, 23:27   Link #75
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

More like this is happening very fast.. you should see a more resolute fight back very very soon. They do catch by surprise seeing only 1 intruder yet explosions goes everywhere.. Considering apart from Gaara, the akatsuki takes more of silence approach to capture those jinchuriki, it understandable.

Sit back.. and take care of your heart .. its gonna be wild
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-04-27, 09:32   Link #76
Nemesis Zone
No Escape

All i can say is I want good explanation for Pain power ,I mean what just charge like this to get naruto ? what a power, I am very interested in this character .

BTW what his name (Pain or Pein which one ) ?
Nemesis Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 10:07   Link #77
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Zone View Post
All i can say is I want good explanation for Pain power ,I mean what just charge like this to get naruto ? what a power, I am very interested in this character .

BTW what his name (Pain or Pein which one ) ?
It's pain, but in japanese phonetics it's pein.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 17:15   Link #78
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Holy $hit, I didn’t know Konoha was gonna get owned this hard…Sasuke’s not gonna have anything to revenge against at this rate
lol same thought here .. when i saw Konoha got destroyed, i said "Dammit Pein, leave some for Sasuke!"

Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 20:54   Link #79
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

After watching the episode again, I do understand why Naruto is the only one who can beat this guy (Other than him being the main character--clones vs. clones, duh), but oil-powered Frogruto won't be enuff to do it...Yeah he'll kick a little ass to start things off, but at the end of the day he's gonna have to let that bijuu chakra out...I feel like we're purposely being shaded away from any discussion of how his fox-chakra will play into the Sage-Mode...I don't see him winning this fight without using it, as they are trying to convey a bit (Ever since Kakashi was teaching him elements really)...

I feel like some impromptu $hit is gonna take place and a new Sage-Mode (or miraculous power) with fox-chakra will emerge...That's all speculation BTW, so ignore my wrongness manga lovers...

I'm also betting the Rinnegan will be explained in full detail at some point in-battle...Naruto is usually the best shonen when it comes to explaining intricate power-usage, but if by some mistake I missed it, I would like to know more about his power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Soul View Post
lol same thought here .. when i saw Konoha got destroyed, i said "Dammit Pein, leave some for Sasuke!"

I also gotta believe Sasuke won't sit on the sidelines for this entire fight...Especially if he's bull$hiting Papa Sharingan and has secretly taken on his brother's unfulfilled wish (Not that wingdarkness believes that litte b1tch is anything but a stain on society)...In any event, I expect Sasuke to be involved at some point with this fight...
Old 2010-04-27, 23:03   Link #80
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

The problem with Naruto currently is that his 2 imba mode dont mix together.. frogjiichan still trying to combine with Naruto without success due to kyuubi dont like to share. If they managed to before Konoha's messenger arrive, then you'll see the most imba character ever.. Kyuubi Naruto in sage mode D: .. Who needs Pein for destruction at that time
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Tags
weekly episode discussion