AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-23, 17:45   Link #941
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Yo maaaan...Producer's almost leveled up to Broducer. Can't wait to get this concert rolling. Hopefully, all the QUALITY in this ep will be overshadowed by the next one.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 18:03   Link #942
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Alright Producer getting the job done and getting Miki to come back.
Old 2011-09-23, 18:22   Link #943
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

When is Makoto getting her own episodes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
There's definitely something else in play there, even if it was a fragment of the importance the name carries.

Those descriptions are kinda harsh though. Takane's not weird, she's just somewhat quiet and has a different way of communicating with people. Chihaya has issues at home and has grown up living a hard life, thus her somewhat difficult nature. She's been nothing but optimistic when it came to the live whenever something happened with Miki or someone else. Speaking of Miki, she's not lazy, she's just unable to control her dedication where it needs to be- she wants her own agenda and her own path to follow, which is perfectly understandable for a 15 year old girl. Yukiho's the stereotypical character who is androphobic, but it's not like she chooses to be like that. She wants to change, and she works hard for it.
Did I tag one of your favorite girls?

I know its bit harsh, but its true, this series is trying to reflect what a real Idol life is like (or trying too). You can justify all day for the other girls, but under all this cuteness and moe, this is a business, where you've to fight for scraps to survive in. Did you recall the episode where the producer was running around with the rest of the girls to find them a job? Ritsuko had an opportunity for the 3 and she took it. Being an Idol isn't something that happens overnight, it could take years to come true.

Regarding Takane, I'm still sticking to it, she really wierd out of all the girls, but I don't dislike her. Chihaya character has been getting better lately (good development), but I can easily label her as an emo. Yes, Yukiho is changing, but she still has a major issue with men, which isn't good for her finding work right now! Miki, like the producer said, she doesn't give off the impression she enthusiastic (sleeps the majority of the time) about working, maybe that influenced Ritsuko decision, when she formed her group?

I wish Miki was more thoughful about her Idol friends, when she was taking that scroll around time... I'm glad Chihaya admitted that she was angry.

Lastly, if therere was work that is available for the rest of the girls, I'm sure Ritsuko would help them out (including Miki).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Yo maaaan...Producer's almost leveled up to Broducer. Can't wait to get this concert rolling. Hopefully, all the QUALITY in this ep will be overshadowed by the next one.
For episode 12, I barely notice it, until someone posted screen shots of how horrific it was.
Old 2011-09-23, 21:13   Link #944
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Miki some how she keeps ending up at a pet store
Old 2011-09-24, 01:14   Link #945
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

All the girls have their quirks of course, and some quirks are arguably a little more problematic than others. For idols, Ritsuko was probably looking for dilligence, ability to work in a team, commitment, passion, and perhaps an X-factor that draws in fans.

Still, the choice of the three girls is quite interesting, and perhaps even questionable. I personally would have replaced Azusa with Chihaya (better voice), Iori with Hibiki (X-factor), and Ami with Mami ()
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 02:20   Link #946
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
When is Makoto getting her own episodes!
Did I tag one of your favorite girls?

I know its bit harsh, but its true, this series is trying to reflect what a real Idol life is like (or trying too). You can justify all day for the other girls, but under all this cuteness and moe, this is a business, where you've to fight for scraps to survive in. Did you recall the episode where the producer was running around with the rest of the girls to find them a job? Ritsuko had an opportunity for the 3 and she took it. Being an Idol isn't something that happens overnight, it could take years to come true.

Regarding Takane, I'm still sticking to it, she really wierd out of all the girls, but I don't dislike her. Chihaya character has been getting better lately (good development), but I can easily label her as an emo. Yes, Yukiho is changing, but she still has a major issue with men, which isn't good for her finding work right now! Miki, like the producer said, she doesn't give off the impression she enthusiastic (sleeps the majority of the time) about working, maybe that influenced Ritsuko decision, when she formed her group?

I wish Miki was more thoughful about her Idol friends, when she was taking that scroll around time... I'm glad Chihaya admitted that she was angry.

Lastly, if therere was work that is available for the rest of the girls, I'm sure Ritsuko would help them out (including Miki).
Surprisingly, you missed tagging them. My top favourite character is Mami and then it's Iori. I do understand that you were being realistic about it and I apologize. I was just hoping it wasn't another instance of attacking because of pure personal preference alone. Variety is nice but to respect other opinions is the best way to go.

Quote:
Still, the choice of the three girls is quite interesting, and perhaps even questionable. I personally would have replaced Azusa with Chihaya (better voice), Iori with Hibiki (X-factor), and Ami with Mami ()
I don't know if I'd say Chihaya's voice is BETTER than Azusa's, I mean, have a listen between the two of these:

It all depends on the style of music and the characters themselves. When I listen to Chihaya's songs, I feel like Takane would be a good voice to match up with her. If it was matching voices we were talking about here, I'm actually feeling a little odd about Azusa being in there with Iori and Ami. Those two have higher pitches voices that work better for upbeat pop songs such as SMOKY THRILL. I feel like Yayoi or Yukiho's voice could have worked better. Then again, Azusa's voice is fantastic and it still works, and we're not talking about the best possible voice match here.

As far as Ami and Mami go, I have to say that Mami's got a ton of badass songs compared to Ami, plus she seems to act a little more mature about things despite being the younger of the twins.
Old 2011-09-24, 05:34   Link #947
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

In my opinion, I think it's pretty reasonable why Ami doesn't get paired with Mami in a three-person unit.

While it's perfectly true that they compliment each other perfectly... At the same time, it essentially turns any combination into "The Twins + Outsider X." The twins have a strong youthful and vibrant synergy to them that also sucks the presentation of the team onto just the both of them, and that's not what RK wants to be.

If you want a team of two, then yeah, the twins being paired makes perfect sense. But when you want a three person team... eh, I wouldn't put the twins together.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 10:17   Link #948
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Speaking of the twins, which one does everyone prefer? I like Mami more myself, since, in my opinion, she's the cuter one of the two. Her being the mature one helps as well.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 10:19   Link #949
Midonin
Last Engage

Midonin's The Two iDOLM@STERs Comparison Diary
Week Twelve

Another tricky week, since Miki doesn't have a direct Xenoglossia counterpart. But if I'm willing to dig a little deeper, there are some common themes. The Haruka and Chihaya thread in both shows went in completely different directions, but at the same time, the ones expected for their genres. In either show, though, they have a good chemistry, with Haruka's youthful enthusiasm and Chihaya's stoic resolve playing off each other well. One gets the idea that if Xenoglossia's versions of them weren't working at cross-purposes, they'd probably be close to their iM@S selves. Chihaya's dedication to Imber also draws comparisons to her hyper music focused self in iM@S.

But iM@S had Miki taking up the bulk of the screentime, and there is a way to draw comparison. Miki was obviously conflicted between the part of her that loves 765 and the part of her that's used to getting everything easily. In Xenoglossia terms, one can look at this in terms of the battle between Makoto (Miki's drive and desire to prove herself) and Riffa (Miki's spoiled side) that took place this week. And since I drew comparisons to Imber being the major "male" character of this show, in both cases, the conflict is saved from exploding by the producer/Imber, calming the waves for now.

Granted, Miki's battle didn't take place in a volcano. But what a setpiece that would've been if it did.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 10:20   Link #950
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Speaking of the twins, which one does everyone prefer? I like Mami more myself, since, in my opinion, she's the cuter one of the two. Her being the mature one helps as well.
You could tell the difference ?! I never noticed one
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 10:30   Link #951
~The Radiant Protector~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You could tell the difference ?! I never noticed one
Well their ponytails do set them apart...

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2011-09-24, 11:09   Link #952
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Well their ponytails do set them apart...
I mean personality-wise
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 11:23   Link #953
~The Radiant Protector~

Oh. Well not when their together but separate, it's rather easy to tell.

Set by TheEroKing.
Old 2011-09-24, 14:32   Link #954
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

EP12:
The quality of this episode wasnt as bad as what some people was making it out to be. I think the only scene that it was obvious was when the producer was on the phone with Miki, that thing was quite literally glued to this face...so yeah, unless it was the animation staff's intent to signify that modern day people are glued to their phones then they kinda dropped the ball on that scene. But otherwise I found the quality to be good as usual.

Good episode overall. Got a good dose of Miki's moe-ness. LOL. Ahh, to be 15, not quite an adult but not exactly a child anymore either. Its just the age that you start to learn your place in the world...Miki does well to demonstrate that. Just when you think she's starting to act mature she goes back to acting childish. How'd that saying go? "A woman's heart is fickle as the autumn sky"? Somthing like that I think...whatever.

I loved the BGM that was playing when the producer was chasing after Miki in the city. I dont know about the other iM@S games but in iM@S:SP that was the BGM that played during the final week of the "Free Produce" mode when you're about to move onto the final live. Also loved that the both the insert song and the ED was Miki. "Furu Furu Future" and "Shocking no kare"? Both songs are totally for Miki, especially for this episode.

Chihaya also got to play big-sis in this episode...personally I was surprised. I thought that at the very least she'd lecture Miki when she came back but...it all worked out in the end.

...oh, and I guess the producer is finally starting to "man up" so to speak. LOL, half way through the series, I guess its about time.
Old 2011-09-24, 16:06   Link #955
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I can easily tell twins apart after I have about...2 or 3 encounters with their personalities. Ami & Mami may be ridiculously similar, but they're no exception. Not to mention, I strongly favour Mami's music to Ami's.
Old 2011-09-24, 20:06   Link #956
kitten320

Duno about others but for me this episode left a very negative feeling about Miki. To sum whole thing up she is seriousely SELFISH! It would've been fine if she was the only one to preform but it's not the case... it is a GROUP! And all of them were waiting for this chance yet here she pridefully storms away and leaves everyone behind without carrying what will happen to them! Miki can quit if she wants but AFTER the concert! She can't just abondon everyone!

Producer was way too kind to her! I'm glad that Chihaya admited to be angry because it is a rightful feeling in this case.

Seriously, what the hell did Miki plan to achieve by sleeping all the time?! Serves her right for not being accepted! Maybe she will finally get more responsible and this time for real!

Don't get me wrong, she does have her positive sides but this time round she really pissed me off -.-

Chihaya also wasn't a candy during cooking show but she improved. Miki better follow her steps.

EDIT: Just because you are depressed and sad doesn't mean that you can abondon everyone. Miki can be angry and sad all she wants after concert, I really won't blame her then because she has the right. But AFER the concert! Not before when everyone else are looking fowrward to it and working hard to get the results while Miki selfishly storms away. Because of her act, the whole concert could've failed and everyone could have lost the chance of their life time because of Miki! She didn't think about everyone else even for a moment, all she cared about was herself.
If she were gone just for day or two but then came back to help everyone, I would be quiet. Yet she came back only after her selfish desires were satisfied.

Last edited by kitten320; 2011-09-25 at 12:23.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 20:50   Link #957
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

hood hood hood hoooooooooood

Old 2011-09-25, 21:30   Link #958
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Damm you homeboy, look what you done to my ears! I can't stop hearing DMX in all of the idols songs. Why!?
Old 2011-09-26, 14:11   Link #959
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

ololololol. It had to be done. :3c
Old 2011-09-26, 16:36   Link #960
jcdietz03

Do twins in real life sound like the same person? Ami and Mami's voices are REALLY different, though they are voiced by the same actor.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s