Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-06-09, 10:00   Link #21
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Brotherly love has absolutely nothing to do with being literal brothers, its when guys have a bond with each other that's so strong you could equate them to being brothers, in other words they love each other like brothers. Society far too commonly mistakes that sort of love for being homo-erotic. Whether that's the case or not with Armin, I only watch the show and so far I would say that is the case.
I get what you are saying but the point i tried to make is that i would only be this concerned for somebody if its my brother or nephew only . Not just a friend i know for 6 years or something ...

Mark my words . The day Armin finds him self a chick , is the day that he would never look back at Eren nor Mikasa. So why be this concerned for somebody ? Armin's feelings can only be understood if he turns out te be gay .
Uchiha Kesuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 13:12   Link #22
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Kesuke View Post
I get what you are saying but the point i tried to make is that i would only be this concerned for somebody if its my brother or nephew only . Not just a friend i know for 6 years or something ...

Mark my words . The day Armin finds him self a chick , is the day that he would never look back at Eren nor Mikasa. So why be this concerned for somebody ? Armin's feelings can only be understood if he turns out te be gay .
Well if you want an example of what I'm talking about and is even similar to to Armin and Eren's relationship; there's Kamina and Simon from Gurren Lagann. As far as I know those two aren't related at all, but they have a brotherly relationship, even going so far as to call each other brothers. Simon even looks up to Kamina's charisma and conviction, similar to how Armin looks up to Eren. They have that older-younger brother relationship, like how Armin and Eren does.
Old 2013-06-09, 13:52   Link #23
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Armin's feelings can only be understood if he turns out te be gay .
There might be a lot more reasons for someone to be that concerned about someone of the same sex without being gay. A knight could die for his king or for his commander without any sexual attraction involved.

Eren isn't Armin's king but I think the latter still sees the former as a leader and a guide, pretty much like Simon and Kamina in the example made earlier.

Moreover friendship doesn't have the same value for everyone, for Armin it's definitely important and he, like Mikasa, doesn't have anything else apart his friends.

I personally don't find his behavior particularly strange considering his situation.

Quote:
The day Armin finds him self a chick , is the day that he would never look back at Eren nor Mikasa.
You must be not very familiar with the "bros before hoes" saying.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 09:01   Link #24
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There might be a lot more reasons for someone to be that concerned about someone of the same sex without being gay. A knight could die for his king or for his commander without any sexual attraction involved.

Eren isn't Armin's king but I think the latter still sees the former as a leader and a guide, pretty much like Simon and Kamina in the example made earlier.

Moreover friendship doesn't have the same value for everyone, for Armin it's definitely important and he, like Mikasa, doesn't have anything else apart his friends.

I personally don't find his behavior particularly strange considering his situation.

You must be not very familiar with the "bros before hoes" saying.
Hahaha my youth , I'm not familiar with the bros before hoes saying ? I lost most of my friends for a girl while i was like friends over love , money over bitches etc.
What i'm trying to say here is , in life things turn out way different then you want or think they are going to be .. That why i hope for Armin he finds himself a chick so he can skip the awkward behaviour ....
Old 2013-07-20, 19:45   Link #25
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Well lets be honest, The way Armin is always concerned about how Eren is doing pushes the bounderies of what you call brotherly love right
Wrong.

It IS possible to love someone unrelated by blood in a non-sexual manner. Good grief.

It's certainly possible to be constantly concerned for someone you platonical love when that person is CONSTANTLY IN DANGER. Either because of his own excessively aggressive personality, his choice of vocation, or his unfortunate circumstances.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 22:18   Link #26
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Another case of fujoshi poisoning...
Old 2013-07-28, 08:52   Link #27
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Watch out, we've got a homophobe on our hands... *barf*

Last time I checked there was nothing wrong with brotherly affection. Last time I checked, Mikasa was way more clingy than Armin ever was. Good grief, just because you apparently place no value on your friends, doesn't mean other people can't- particularly in the context, Armin's behaviour makes perfect sense to me.
Not everyone who is close to their friends and concerned for them wants to hump them. Grow up.
Old 2013-07-30, 09:36   Link #28
Uchiha Kesuke
Revaille's Squad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Watch out, we've got a homophobe on our hands... *barf*

Last time I checked there was nothing wrong with brotherly affection. Last time I checked, Mikasa was way more clingy than Armin ever was. Good grief, just because you apparently place no value on your friends, doesn't mean other people can't- particularly in the context, Armin's behaviour makes perfect sense to me.
Not everyone who is close to their friends and concerned for them wants to hump them. Grow up.
Oh please ... You tell me to grow up while you are the one who seems to have trouble with someone's opinion ..

Listen , i cant understand how someone could care this much for someone unless it's family , that's just my opinion ! Deal with it ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Wrong.

It IS possible to love someone unrelated by blood in a non-sexual manner. Good grief.
True . But the way how Armin seem to love Eren is isn't anything NON-sexual . Armin clearly wants the D.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-07-30 at 18:16. Reason: Please don't double-post...
Old 2013-07-30, 10:27   Link #29
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
True . But the way how Armin seem to love Eren is isn't anything NON-sexual . Armin clearly wants the D.
Actually usually it would be really hard to deny that theoretical possibility... however in this case, there is Mikasa and I don't see Armin as someone who is suicidal...

whoops, now I am feeding the troll...
Old 2013-07-30, 17:07   Link #30
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Yes, and clearly we understand why Jean is weirded out by how Legout is infatuated with A-ron.
Sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 17:57   Link #31
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

A certain former CEO of a bank riding a Japanease Battleship will make sure that the honorable Hunter will not be seduced by anyone else anytime soon...
Old 2013-09-23, 11:59   Link #32
Eragon
Still Alive

One of the few characters with actual character development. Very much enjoyed watching him grow out of his self-depreciating self into a confident soldier. Out of the trio of Mikasa-Eren-Armin, I like him the best.
Old 2013-09-26, 22:30   Link #33
Preciize
Them Feels~

Out of the trio, Armin's my least favorite. I don't dislike him and I definitely think he's grown considerably, but he still has a long way to go imo.
Old 2013-09-26, 22:43   Link #34
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Out of the trio, Armin's my least favorite. I don't dislike him and I definitely think he's grown considerably, but he still has a long way to go imo.
"Long way to go" in terms of what ?
Old 2013-09-26, 23:10   Link #35
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
"Long way to go" in terms of what ?
Character development. He still loses his composure at times like Eren. I'd like to see him to continue growing mentally as well as physically. He could continue to improve his skills as a fighter even though he mainly plays the strategist role.
Old 2013-09-27, 00:08   Link #36
darklegends8

Quote:
Character development. He still loses his composure at times like Eren. I'd like to see him to continue growing mentally as well as physically. He could continue to improve his skills as a fighter even though he mainly plays the strategist role.
As much as I like Armin, it's almost more risk than benefit when he goes into the field because his 3D gear skills are rather lacking.
Old 2013-09-27, 02:44   Link #37
Eragon
Still Alive

I don't think you are gonna see any more development than what he has already received. He is, alongside Jean, the most developed character in the show right now. And I don't remember him losing his composure after the last time (that being at the time of Eren's "death"). Oh, wait, he kind of lost it during the retaking of Trost district.

But yeah, when the side characters are more developed than the protagonist, you can't ask for anything more

Not saying he shouldn't get more development, just that I'm not expecting, or think that he needs, it after all that he already got . His major development was to break out of his self-depreciating cocoon and, they pulled it off quite nicely.
Old 2013-09-27, 12:52   Link #38
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
As much as I like Armin, it's almost more risk than benefit when he goes into the field because his 3D gear skills are rather lacking.
Yeah I agree. I think it would be a pretty horrible lost to the Recon Corps if he died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I don't think you are gonna see any more development than what he has already received. He is, alongside Jean, the most developed character in the show right now. And I don't remember him losing his composure after the last time (that being at the time of Eren's "death"). Oh, wait, he kind of lost it during the retaking of Trost district.

But yeah, when the side characters are more developed than the protagonist, you can't ask for anything more

Not saying he shouldn't get more development, just that I'm not expecting, or think that he needs, it after all that he already got . His major development was to break out of his self-depreciating cocoon and, they pulled it off quite nicely.
Well the manga is far from over so hopefully we'll see more development from him as well as Misaka. Of course, I agree that he has grown a lot since the trio joined the military. Just wishful thinking I guess
Old 2013-09-28, 14:02   Link #39
peskylemur25

Armin I am sorry u lost so many scene!
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 09:48   Link #40
TheGrandSage23
Salamander360

Quote:
Yeah I agree. I think it would be a pretty horrible lost to the Recon Corps if he died.

Well the manga is far from over so hopefully we'll see more development from him as well as Misaka. Of course, I agree that he has grown a lot since the trio joined the military. Just wishful thinking I guess

If anyone needs development it's Eren and Mikasa
TheGrandSage23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters