AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-09-17, 23:34   Link #81
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Which is funny because she's likely one of the prime candidates to be part of his peerage
Which reminds me that Issei will probably end up having one of the larger harems ever know. (Note: I did not say the largest, just in the league of it, perhaps)
OmegaWeaponZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-18, 02:23   Link #82
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
Which reminds me that Issei will probably end up having one of the larger harems ever know. (Note: I did not say the largest, just in the league of it, perhaps)
And he has a REALLY LONG lifespan, who is to say that some eons later he couldn't get some other chicks. Well the current girls might prevent new chicks from joining Issei's harem, but you know how Issei is.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-18, 07:04   Link #83
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
Nah, part two states that his wives are keeping him in line. Which is to say that they're not allowing any more harem expansion. Think of all the opportunist bitches that would swarm Issei for his fame, genes and power if he kept on chasing skirts.
All the rivaling noble families that would try to jump on the Seikryuutei-train by throwing their daughters at him, since that worked with Ravel.
Think of the sheer amount of children he'd have. I'm surprised they haven't castrated him yet.
Old 2015-09-18, 07:51   Link #84
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Nah, part two states that his wives are keeping him in line. Which is to say that they're not allowing any more harem expansion. Think of all the opportunist bitches that would swarm Issei for his fame, genes and power if he kept on chasing skirts.
All the rivaling noble families that would try to jump on the Seikryuutei-train by throwing their daughters at him, since that worked with Ravel.
Think of the sheer amount of children he'd have. I'm surprised they haven't castrated him yet.
Ise doesn't chase skirts, skirts chase him.

And if they castrated him they would also be unable to get intimate with him so... yeah, not happening.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-18, 08:17   Link #85
Biohazardous

I'm not 100% sure that his own peerage will be apart of his harem. Maybe a few of them but I wouldn't be surprised if his peerage isn't all apart of his harem. I don't see it going to much beyond what it is currently. It is only smart to fully close the doors to additional members soon for the reasons stated above.
Old 2015-09-18, 08:21   Link #86
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Ise doesn't chase skirts, skirts chase him.

And if they castrated him they would also be unable to get intimate with him so... yeah, not happening.
They have what they wanted. To replace him they can get big fat dildoes and name them "the sekiryuutei series". Solves that problem.
Old 2015-09-18, 09:14   Link #87
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
They have what they wanted. To replace him they can get big fat dildoes and name them "the sekiryuutei series". Solves that problem.
What they wanted was to live a happy life married to Ise. A castrated Ise isn't happy at all. Heck, he could actually commit suicide.

And for ypu to think they'd make him live a miserable life just because other people want to have sex with him it makes me think you know nothing about the series.
Old 2015-09-18, 09:29   Link #88
Biohazardous

They wants Ise how he is nothing less or more. The Ero SS proves it.
Old 2015-09-18, 15:48   Link #89
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
They wants Ise how he is nothing less or more. The Ero SS proves it.
I'm on the same ship for this one, with a few exceptions that brings out their character development (Ise still chasing skirts and panties, yeah, but his wives will discipline him in the most possible, non-emotional-harming way. A good example will be directing him to give his attention to the kids while they're giving him quotes of the day )

I'm scratching my head on this topic (I realize this has been already discussed, I just want to confirm): Loki's curse cast on future Asia.

We all here know that particular curse was strong enough that the children must go back in time to call Loki out to uncurse her. Because the Gods, even the Aesir, do not know how to cancel it after all, he is the only one who can, but it does not mean that it cannot be extracted by anyone other than him (YMMV on this, I think it was foreshadowed in BorN that the curse materialized in the form of cloud of darkness).

Would it be interesting if they can also find an alternative solution for the curse (or, let's say, complementary actions for it)? Other than a major plot point, I guess that Asia being cursed is a little downer for the overall narration (other than the Evil Gods, this means that they have a choice to come back in time just to curb-stomp Loki before hand-cuffing him, which I don't really mind at all )
Old 2015-09-18, 17:32   Link #90
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
I'm not 100% sure that his own peerage will be apart of his harem. Maybe a few of them but I wouldn't be surprised if his peerage isn't all apart of his harem. I don't see it going to much beyond what it is currently. It is only smart to fully close the doors to additional members soon for the reasons stated above.
I'd like to make the assumption that in a ironic twist, he ends up having more male members in his peerage than female members. Sounds like something Ishibumi would do.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-18, 17:45   Link #91
Chichiryuushintei

Honestly, the sole fact Loki of all people created a curse noone can lift is bullshit. Sun Wukong was able to extract the Hatred of God from Vali that could weaken even Ophis. OPHIS. And I'm pretty sure the Christian God was a much bigger deal than Loki, considering his death was kept a secret so that other factions didn't try anything funny against Heaven.
Old 2015-09-18, 17:53   Link #92
MV5

Quote:
Honestly, the sole fact Loki of all people created a curse noone can lift is bullshit. Sun Wukong was able to extract the Hatred of God from Vali that could weaken even Ophis. OPHIS. And I'm pretty sure the Christian God was a much bigger deal than Loki, considering his death was kept a secret so that other factions didn't try anything funny against Heaven.
I just want Loki to be finally dealt with and erased from the DxD existence completely. If that is one of the payoffs that happens in EX, I will take everything else in stride.
Old 2015-09-18, 18:37   Link #93
B214

Quote:
Don't forget what Azazel said in V7, the Norse's magic system is much more advance compared to the Christian's one. So the curse might be completely on a different thing than the one Bible God.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-18, 19:42   Link #94
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV5 View Post
I just want Loki to be finally dealt with and erased from the DxD existence completely. If that is one of the payoffs that happens in EX, I will take everything else in stride.
Considering that EX is so irrelevant to the actual plot you can just skip it, he already was erased from existence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Don't forget what Azazel said in V7, the Norse's magic system is much more advance compared to the Christian's one. So the curse might be completely on a different thing than the one Bible God.
The Christian God was proficient enough at magic to seal one of the strongest beings in the entire series. Plus, remember that God is supposed to be merciful/generous and etc and etc, so his hatred must be at least equivalent to that. So much that he could harm another one of the strongest being in the story.

Loki was one-shotted and beaten to near death by a (fake) weapon of a God who's not nearly close to the Hindu gods, who in comparison are not close to the three main beings. If Norse magic was really that much above Christian's, the Norse Faction would shit on everyone else. They may be more advanced on the formula department (Aside from Ajuka of course) but never showed anything close to the level of what the God of the Bible or Samael did.
Old 2015-09-18, 20:14   Link #95
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Considering that EX is so irrelevant to the actual plot you can just skip it, he already was erased from existence.

The Christian God was proficient enough at magic to seal one of the strongest beings in the entire series. Plus, remember that God is supposed to be merciful/generous and etc and etc, so his hatred must be at least equivalent to that. So much that he could harm another one of the strongest being in the story.

Loki was one-shotted and beaten to near death by a (fake) weapon of a God who's not nearly close to the Hindu gods, who in comparison are not close to the three main beings. If Norse magic was really that much above Christian's, the Norse Faction would shit on everyone else. They may be more advanced on the formula department (Aside from Ajuka of course) but never showed anything close to the level of what the God of the Bible or Samael did.
Actually Chichi THor is in the same tier as Indra.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-18, 20:21   Link #96
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather View Post
Actually Chichi THor is in the same tier as Indra.
Where was that stated? Remember that the list given to us was in no particular order aside from Ophis and Shiva. And that just because he's (hypothetically) 7th doesn't mean he's close to the 6th place. Shiva is (most likely) 2nd and yet it was stated early on (in v4 I think) the difference between him and Ophis is absurd.
Old 2015-09-18, 20:22   Link #97
MV5

Quote:
Nah, man. I need written evidence that he is done for. Maybe for the plot which Ishibumi told is not a requirement, but it ain't that simple to consider EX irrelevant from the totality of the series since the anime tied into it somewhat, the feedback from the fans over the changes on the anime from EX, and the numerous discussions that have come from it, not just from animesuki either.
Old 2015-09-18, 20:27   Link #98
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Nah, man. I need written evidence that he is done for. Maybe for the plot which Ishibumi told is not a requirement, but it ain't that simple to consider EX irrelevant from the totality of the series since the anime tied into it somewhat, the feedback from the fans over the changes on the anime from EX, and the numerous discussions that have come from it, not just from animesuki either.
I said that because after v7 Loki wasn't even mentioned. Unless in a future arc he comes back he can be pretty much considered to be done for.

His actions in EX don't matter either. All he did was cast a curse on Asia (instead of someone like Ise or Sirzechs) and that'll obviously be solved by the end.
Old 2015-09-18, 20:33   Link #99
Biohazardous

Quote:
I'd like to make the assumption that in a ironic twist, he ends up having more male members in his peerage than female members. Sounds like something Ishibumi would do.
Honestly wouldn't shock me. He has plenty of women already he doesn't need his peerage to contain them.
Old 2015-09-18, 22:03   Link #100
B214

Quote:

Strength and technique are different, for starters magic works base on formulas not just solely on strength. Strada clearly proved that against Rossweisse, if you can cancel the formula even powerful spells becomes utterly useless. So if the formula for the curse that Loki came out with is something no one had seen before, then obviously it won't be easy to dispel.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote