AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-07, 22:22   Link #121
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Such a charming first episode. Production I.G. sure do know how to make their sparkly bubbly anime. It hit all the right marks and had surprisingly witty dialgue. And Rin is just so KAWAIIUGUUUU. I wasn't planning on watching this but the first ep has sold me.
Old 2011-07-07, 22:34   Link #122
User68604
Disabled By Request

love the manga, gonna love the anime
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-07, 22:57   Link #123
tera_ha

somewhat predictable but still a very wonderful episode. summer season has a lot of these pretty kinda animes. natsume/usagi drop/Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
Old 2011-07-07, 23:06   Link #124
Jehuty

Aishiteruze Baby, My Girl (the manga version; the dorama sucked), and this will be the end of me, I tell you. Once she asks if the old man will wake up again, and it sinking in once Daikichi confirmed her fears and she starts crying.. I couldn't help but cry, too.

I mean, they were just so subtle with everything -- even the style they drew it in was perfect to set the mood -- everyone knows the old man died in peace, and Daikichi is is.. well, he's sad, but he accepts it and is relieved that he did not suffer. I mean, I lost my dad in December, so this struck a chord with me big time.

I will absolutely follow this anime -- between this and Natsume Juujinchou, I am definitely excited for this season.
Old 2011-07-07, 23:11   Link #125
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Wow, its only the first episode, and I instantly love it already. I've heard a lot of things about the manga and I'm thinking of checking it out.
Old 2011-07-07, 23:44   Link #126
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRR. IM A MANGA READER AND IM RAAAAAAGIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNN

... well not really. Rather, I really liked this first episode. The adaptation studio knows what it's doing.

Quote:
I'll be honest, if Reina had been the main loli instead of Rin, I would have dropped this show right away. She was insufferable. It reminded me how much I can't stand real children, unless they're well-behaved, which is a rarity nowadays.
Really? As someone who threw a ruckus myself during my grandfather's waking (my parent's show me the videos everytime they feel like embarrassing me ) I can understand where she is coming from.

The only thing I can complain about is that they overplayed Reina's bratiness a lil too much to show how well behaved Rin is. As the Reina's healthy kids support group I feel like our image was abused. D:
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 00:37   Link #127
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, if I didn't know the source material, I woulda thought that Daikichi was pedobear himself the way they 'romanticized' his first meeting with Rin. Man, I guess I watch too much loli-anime to even think that way. XD

To be quite honest, I was bored to tears with the show. Then again, main draw for me for the source material is the story, and knowing what's gonna happen. Kinda like Bakuman and World Only God Knows; I skipped (or am still skipping) the stuff I already read because I just can't get into it. Looks like Usagi Drops will be another.

That said, OP is farking awesome.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 01:03   Link #128
paladinenvec

I'm a manga reader and i think that the anime it's a very good adaptation=P so no Nerd Rage for this one haha!.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 02:22   Link #129
Dawnstorm

Ooh, I already like both Rin and Daikichi. This is one of the shows I'm going to look forward to every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
The only thing I can complain about is that they overplayed Reina's bratiness a lil too much to show how well behaved Rin is.
I actually didn't think the point was how well behaved Rin is. It's more like she can tell that nobody pays attention to her (actually, they're trying to actively ignore her). I'm pretty sure the majority, wasn't happy with the bellflower incident, but nobody said a thing. That's what she's probably been dealing with all along (with grandfather/father being the only one noticing her). Near the beginning, there's this scene where you only see her sock-clad feet, shuffling behind the door. She's trying to be invisible.

Reina, on the other hand, is constantly vying for attention. She's a bit blunt about it, and noisy, but she'll come around eventually. She doesn't seem that much of a nightmare kid, to me.

Everyone wants to get rid of Rin, and Rin knows that. Nobody wants to get rid of Reina, and Reina knows that. That's probably the difference in behaviour we see (well, also a temperamental one, probably).

But both girls basically do what they want. One was just trying to be invisible while doing it.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 02:42   Link #130
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Lol, if I didn't know the source material, I woulda thought that Daikichi was pedobear himself the way they 'romanticized' his first meeting with Rin. Man, I guess I watch too much loli-anime to even think that way. XD
Urgh. I knew someone was going to say this.
Old 2011-07-08, 03:52   Link #131
fedor mma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Urgh. I knew someone was going to say this.
You cant blame him too much. Anime and the community had been perverting little girls for years now. That Rin was not viewed sexually at all is a rarity in anime rather than the norm as sad as that is.
fedor mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 03:54   Link #132
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedor mma View Post
You cant blame him too much. Anime and the community had been perverting little girls for years now. That Rin was not viewed sexually at all is a rarity in anime rather than the norm as sad as that is.
I can blame him for actually posting that comment though.
Old 2011-07-08, 04:20   Link #133
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Hello Production I.G. and sorry I will never doubt again your capacity for adapting manga. I couldn't have asked anything more out of this episode than what they've already done with it, and not just because of manga reader bias.

Blog post later.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 05:31   Link #134
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Great adaptation from the manga for the first episode. Don't have any complaints. Hope next episode doesn't disappoint.
Old 2011-07-08, 06:19   Link #135
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

The background music is well composed, another unique series to my watching list.All in all a fine introduction to the show. Having high hopes for this new series.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 07:14   Link #136
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Good first episode, hope they cover all the manga till the end but i doubt the producers are able to fit 55 chapters into 12 episodes without rush it and remove a lot of th original plot.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 07:45   Link #137
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

This is absolutely adorable. I'm sold.
Old 2011-07-08, 07:57   Link #138
Seiryuu

Great first ep. One thing I missed was they cut out Daikichi telling his family off. Originally, he got tired of them arguing about who's going to be stuck with this girl they seem to think is developmentally challenged and concluding that they should send her to some sort of foster care facility, and told them that if they took the time to look they'd realize that Rin's very smart and sensitive, and that he feels she'll grow up to be a much better adult than them before going and inviting Rin to his home. Here, he just gets tired of it when he hears them suggest just dumping her with a facility, slams down his cup and goes to Rin without a word to them. After their arguing and each making clearly rehearsed excuses why they can't take her, those morons really deserved to have a few things said to them. They deserved to feel some shame at their behavior.

Also, while I believe she'll probably improve, the current Reina is an absolute brat, and a good argument for spanking. I'm not saying that a kid should be spanked whenever they're bad, and perhaps Reina was just on the line, but if a kid keeps at it, refusing to listen and behaving improper in a situation like a funeral, then that kid should be taken out and given some more tangible punishment.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 09:12   Link #139
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedor mma View Post
I personally don't find Rin the type of loli that I could think perversely about...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 09:22   Link #140
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
After their arguing and each making clearly rehearsed excuses why they can't take her, those morons really deserved to have a few things said to them. They deserved to feel some shame at their behavior.
They weren't being morons, they were being realistic. Taking care of a child is indeed no easy task, and you shouldn't ever undertake it if you only feel half hearthed about it. I would have probably done the same.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
josei, noitamina, romance