AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 22:23   Link #9381
Eratas123

@ Rain - He'll enter her bed when he goes out drinking with Ichika and Irish. It's sweet and is a heartwarming moment......till the video Paparazzi san took off the three gets released. Then Megaton punches start appearing

The dirt thing sounds more reasonable but there's nothing he can say since he's not exactly hiding much of anything (Drug abuse and Gynophobia not withstanding). Tatenashi tried taking him on a date on SWC. It started pretty bad since she told him to remove all his weapons but he refused to do it.

Irish and Laura's idea of a date is basic. They think spending time with the opposite gender, no matter the activity, counts as a date. He says he and Laura go on dates sometimes and she agrees to his explanation.
Old 2011-11-24, 22:25   Link #9382
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Which causes Kyuukai to rage/grieve until he finds out he's the only one who took her on a date with any romantic intentions between the two.

So he's going to be raging/grieving for a while.

On a side note, are you familiar with Negima?
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 22:29   Link #9383
Eratas123

@ Rain - I know of it, why?
Old 2011-11-24, 22:35   Link #9384
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: You could do something like Poyo Rainyday's artifact. Have Tabane (or Phantom Task for that matter) inject the protagonists into a virtual reality (matrix-style ).

That world would be perfect. It's each of the protagonists perfect existance. The world would be at peace, no wars, the IS could or could not exist, etc.

Ichika could have his parents. He'd be living a simple life. He'd have Houki and Dan and Rin, a really simple life, the life he had before ISA. What he views as his perfect world, without murderous yanderes or attention he doesn't like.

Kyuukai could have his family. He'd be innocent, unscarred, mentally stable. The wars never happened, he became Tabane's and Ryuu's blood-related child, Koyomi would have her father and he wouldn't be dead. Caitlin would be alive, his life would never roll downhill. And his life becomes an escalator, easily taking him up to where he wants to go.

I don't know what Irish would like though.

Tabane could use this reality as a test. To see if the protagonists want to leave or not, to mentally condition them, prepare them. She's perfectly content with leaving her son in there for the rest of his life if she had to... Visiting him with Koyomi by her side every day.

But if Phantom Task puts them in, it could be a tool to milk out information or subdue the protagonists.

Last edited by EthernalRain; 2011-11-24 at 22:48.
Old 2011-11-24, 22:38   Link #9385
Eratas123

@ Zero - Problem is, those three would be too smart to just sit down and accept that the world suddenly turned perfect overnight.
Old 2011-11-24, 22:43   Link #9386
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I'm not Zero. He's not even online.

And of course they would recognize it would be perfect. But once you taste a perfect reality, take a bite of forbidden fruit... Would you really want to go back?

I don't know about Irish case though... If he had the perfect life given to him, would he really turn it away?

Eventually, the protagonists do, but the decision to leave will be terribly hard to make.
Old 2011-11-24, 22:51   Link #9387
Eratas123

@ Rain -Sorry, typo Anyway, Irish has amnesia about his life prior to being 7 and at that point he was already at the camp. So Irish has no perfect life planned for himself. He's fully expecting to die before he reaches 17 since the skull suit is already destroying his body due to his overuse.

Irish and Ichika also like to face the hardships of realitu head on and not retreat to a safe place. Irish continously fights for what he believes in and Ichika fights to make the world better for everyone, not just himself, so he won't accept it either.

If PT does it, it's most likely after Irish finds out his only family is working for them, so his perfect life wouldn't be an alive family. Irish doesn't find it hard to turn away due to his self destructive outlook on himself. Also, all he cares about is Joshua's freedom, not his own satisfaction.

I don't know about Kyuukai, but neither of the first 2 will find it hard to turn away the temptation.
Old 2011-11-24, 22:56   Link #9388
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Though I guess that won't stop them from at least enjoying it and going with the flow for a bit.

But if they aren't aware that it's not the real reality from the beginning, they could have subconcious thoughts, feelings, that tell them "this is wrong, this isn't real", over the duration of the stay.

Irish and Ichika will easily turn back, ready to fight, perhaps stronger. Kyuukai on the other hand would stay behind to give some goodbyes. Then he would probably leave after one last look around his perfect world.

And each of the protagonists could take notes of this perfect world. And find some way to turn their reality to be as perfect as this fantasy.
Old 2011-11-24, 23:01   Link #9389
Eratas123

@ Rain - All the protags have something they want and they want to earn it themselves. None of them accept a perfect world just given to them. PT should be the one to do it since Irish and Ichika will have issues with Tabane for putting them through thay without their consent.

How do you want Kyuukai to be connected to PT? Ichika has his "sister" Madoka while Irish has his mother and sisters there. I'm also wondering if Irish should kill his family when he wins or not.
Old 2011-11-24, 23:13   Link #9390
Eratas123

@ Meister - Are all the characters Singaporean? Riselle is competing to be the rep candidate of Singapore but she sounds Japanese.

@ Rain - I have to go home. I'll be back in 30-60 minutes.
Old 2011-11-24, 23:20   Link #9391
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: And that's why they choose to leave.

This may sound cliched, but it's a concept I've been twirling around my head.

Kyuukai has a biological older brother that's about a 3 years older than him. He was born before Daisuke became an arrogant douche. He actually agreed to take care of him when he was born. But he was declared dead upon birth. And was secretly taken to PT for genetic experiments. This was before the IS came into the world.

The procedures left the boy genetically disfigured (in a way I still need to shape out) but left within PT's armed forces to train the best he could. His "death" caused them to divorce. 3 years later, upon the anniversary of their son's death, they did it one more time, conceiving Kyuukai, in their sorrow. And Daisuke cut Yukari from his life for good, not knowing about his ex-wife's pregnancy.

Many years (and women) later, Daisuke meets Kyuukai. And Kyuukai mistakes the regret in Daisuke's eyes (as he remembered his one mistake), for a lack of love or grief of his first wife.

And around Kyuukai's second year at ISA, federal police teams arrest him. Why? Because Daisuke Murakami was brutally assaulted in an attempt on his life. He survived, but witnessesses say a person who looked startlingly like Kyuukai attacked him.

While Daisuke was at the graveyard remembering his lost son with his latest wife and stepdaughter, he looked up at the grave to see a young man who looked just like him at a younger age. And then the man pulled out a knife, and attacked. Police arrived upon the scene, causing the man to flee. And they had time to save Daisuke's life.

This man was Kyuukai's brother. EDEN Project Specimen #19.

Codename: ADAM.

And adopted by the commander of PT. Squall's father.

His name is Asmodeus. Nicknamed Adam. And his job is that of an assassin. And his latest target:

Tabane Shinonono.

Last edited by EthernalRain; 2011-11-24 at 23:30.
Old 2011-11-25, 00:23   Link #9392
Eratas123

@ Rain - Squall's father? Sorry, I don't think a guy would be stupid enough to make a team of militant man haters and not expect that to backfire on him. The leader of PT here is Squall, no one else holds the title.

Also, PT are borderline female supremacists in the fic. Why do you think they placed Irish at the camp despite his mother working for them? They believe that the IS makes them eligible to rule the world and those that can't pilot them can't be accepted. Most of their operatives are people PT saved from their horrible lives and most of them were because of men, so I doubt they'd train a male assassin. Basically, think of how Jigsaw makes his apprentices.

The assassin could be his older sister, that would make sense for PT to raise her up. It won't be that hard to frame Kyuukai since all they'd need is a blood sample and the closest match they'd fins would be Kyuukai since her record isn't on any database.

@ Zero - Do you know what a Tracheotomy is?

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-11-25 at 02:37.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 02:52   Link #9393
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I'm keeping Adam a guy, since who would expect a guy to have such an important part in PT, when males are basically grunts.

Also, Squall's father is the commander/leader figure of the Phantom Task preceeding Squall's reign. The reins get handed over to her after society begins it's shift. Though Squall loves her old man enough to leave him with some control.

It's not like PT uses IS for everything. They still need other work done, even if the present focus is theIS. So, Squall's father runs the remainder of the organizations, such as the mercenary core, the assassins, the drug runners, conmen, and every branch of business both legitimate and illegitimate.

Squall's half may be the beating heart and blood and organs of PT, but her old man with a slowly failing body is the bones, muscle, skin and nerves.
Old 2011-11-25, 03:02   Link #9394
Eratas123

@ Rain - So Squall lets her old man have power since she loves him? Makes sense I guess, she's been shown to love Autumn in canon so it's not a stretch that she loves her parents. Her mother probably died at some point.

I found some info saying that PT has been around since the 1940's so maybe the female dominance is recent?

The Adam thing is your choice, I'm not sure if I can include it in Shadow though. If they were willing to keep Adam, why not Irish? Then again, maybe him trying to stop his mom from killing his abusive father made them think he couldn't be used the same way as Adam.

Side note - How would Kyuukai handle a Jigsaw trap? As in, no weapons or any special equipment, just his own self.
Old 2011-11-25, 03:06   Link #9395
HasuMasu
*Artist

Btw, the list of winter anime seasons/OVAs listed IS encore on December 7, so it's either there will be 2 OVAs or it was re-scheduled.
Old 2011-11-25, 03:10   Link #9396
Eratas123

@ Box - We'll see tom. Jak says it should be out by then.
Old 2011-11-25, 03:19   Link #9397
HasuMasu
*Artist

I sure hope so, I wouldn't want to wait until December 7.
Old 2011-11-25, 03:21   Link #9398
Eratas123

@ Jak - Of course, we still need to wait a week for it to be subbed

Side note - Do you know what fighting styles Tatenashi knows?
Old 2011-11-25, 03:33   Link #9399
HasuMasu
*Artist

Capoeira, Judo, and "Mubyoushi".

Presumably more.

Quoting the novel to make Mubyoushi easier to understand.

Quote:
*Don*. She suddenly closed in on me quickly. The way she slid on the floor was perfect. No wait, that's one of the secret ancient techniques 'No Rhythm'[5A 11]
Simply put, humans live through 'rhythm'. Besides the heartbeat, there's the breathing rhythm, so for example, the so-called 'Matching presence' is a positive show of this. In contrast, a 'non-matching presence' would be the opposite.
An attack that deliberately messes with the rhythm of the opponent is called a 'Striking Rhythm'[5A 12], and one that controls is called the 'Equal Rhythm'[5A 13].
And the move of the highest class causes people to be unable to feel the rhythm. The martial art move that uses the undetectable rhythm is called 'No Rhythm'.
"Uh oh—"
With the sounds of three hits, my elbows, shoulders and abdomen got hit lightly, and while my body stiffened in reflex, sempai landed her palms on my chest.
"Kaa, haa...!"
The air in my lungs got forced out, shaking my consciousness. And then—
"Watch your feet."
*ZUDON!* My back landed hard on the tatami mat.
And as I got thrown- it seemed that she used the 'penetrate'[5A 14] move to touch several of my joints. Even though I tried to get up immediately, the slight numbness made it hard for me to move around easily.
Old 2011-11-25, 03:39   Link #9400
Eratas123

@ Box - Is that dancing kung-fu? It looks really odd. Anyway, are either of these good against a knife fighter? Reverse grip also (It can actually be used practically).

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest