AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-24, 01:40   Link #41
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't think so, remember the year in the future was the 214th year and she said she made the promise 200 years ago, that would put it at 14 years after the start of the series.
That's assuming she was using an exact number and not a rounded number. She could be saying it rounded to the nearest hundred.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2013-05-24 at 02:27.
Old 2013-05-24, 02:36   Link #42
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
That's assuming she was using an exact number and not a rounded number. She could be saying it rounded to the nearest hundred.
Most people when remembering a promise, especially in anime, remember the exact day and time they made it, since it's usually an oath of some kind, most of the time following tragedy. One of the most famous examples being Edward Elric and his pocketwatch.

I think she stated the right amount of years, especially since the person she's talking to in spirit, sounds like someone she cared for who died.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-05-24, 02:49   Link #43
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Most people when remembering a promise, especially in anime, remember the exact day and time they made it, since it's usually an oath of some kind, most of the time following tragedy. One of the most famous examples being Edward Elric and his pocketwatch.

I think she stated the right amount of years, especially since the person she's talking to in spirit, sounds like someone she cared for who died.
It's probably either Haruto or Shoko.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:51   Link #44
7Th
Mixtape

Saki spin-off manga, Shooting Star Valkyrie, announced: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-16448.html

Saki is completely unkillable now.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:55   Link #45
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Saki spin-off manga, Shooting Star Valkyrie, announced: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-16448.html

Saki is completely unkillable now.
L-Elf is also getting his own manga

It just means that Sunrise wants to remind who the main characters are.

Spoiler:

Judging from the information is say that it will show "her idol days, among other things."

Kinda disappointing
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-24, 09:16   Link #46
7Th
Mixtape

I dunno; judging by the title, I think it will end up being about her pilot adventures between the current episodes and the 200 year timeskip.
Old 2013-05-24, 09:24   Link #47
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
L-Elf is also getting his own manga

It just means that Sunrise wants to remind who the main characters are.

Spoiler:

Judging from the information is say that it will show "her idol days, among other things."

Kinda disappointing
I could tell this manga will revolve around her past up to pre-episode 1 stories, and after that, some side stories that takes place during the series while including typical SoL elements like swimsuit parades, I guess.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-05-24, 10:47   Link #48
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
It's probably either Haruto or Shoko.
Thinking Shoko....

Can't be Haruto is dead no? And also if the OP is anything to go by...
Old 2013-05-24, 11:00   Link #49
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Thinking Shoko....

Can't be Haruto is dead no? And also if the OP is anything to go by...
Can be either Haruto or Shouko. As far as we know, the scene is part of an epilogue or happening before Haruto gets revived or returns from some kind of journey or a fake death or something.
Old 2013-05-24, 11:36   Link #50
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Can be either Haruto or Shouko. As far as we know, the scene is part of an epilogue or happening before Haruto gets revived or returns from some kind of journey or a fake death or something.
Nah, Saki is the main character. All of S1 is to set her up for her to grow into the main character in S2.
Old 2013-05-24, 12:50   Link #51
mayumi

Quote:
Nah, Saki is the main character. All of S1 is to set her up for her to grow into the main character in S2.
Fund it!
Old 2013-05-24, 15:50   Link #52
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Fund it!
I'll fund this bad boi.
Old 2013-05-24, 16:51   Link #53
queenSwild

The only thing that annoys me about Saki's character is how bipolar she is. She goes from the cool, savvy, mysterious beauty who may have feelings for Haruto, to a "who cares about Haruto?" attension whore, and now she's back to a cool, savvy, mysterious beauty who may have feelings for Haruto. I don't know who her character is yet.

Despite that, I think that it's cool that she's grown protective of Shoko. I found it cute when when tried to shield her from L-Elf. I get the feeling that Shoko is the one that the 214 year old!Saki refers to in the future. I think that they'll grow really close by the end of this series.

I wonder how she'll react to Aina's death though.
Old 2013-05-24, 17:08   Link #54
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
I wonder how she'll react to Aina's death though.
They killed her first friend.
Wouldn't be surprised if she dances... dances with Aina's BF and Dorssia.
A dance with Jojo's and marksmanship contests.
Old 2013-05-24, 17:57   Link #55
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
The only thing that annoys me about Saki's character is how bipolar she is. She goes from the cool, savvy, mysterious beauty who may have feelings for Haruto, to a "who cares about Haruto?" attension whore, and now she's back to a cool, savvy, mysterious beauty who may have feelings for Haruto. I don't know who her character is yet.
I agree. I would say that she put on a big show and seemingly became selfish in an effort to distract herself from her own fears and insecurities, but the timing of her actions didn't really fit with the circumstances. I think it's clear that she harbors feelings for Haruto, though, although she may not realize it. Stealing Haruto's body and causing mischief with it may have been her way of venting those feelings, similar to the way that elementary school boys will bully the girls that they like ("reaction formation" is the psychological term). She went a little crazy with a mixture of attaining power and becoming closer to Haruto. Now it's all settling down, and she's also gaining connections to people (specifically Shouko).

I did not approve of her actions in episode 6 at all, and her behavior was arguably odd even in episode 5 (or was it 4? Randomly starting fights and then biting a classmate). She was fine before that, though, and her character has returned to being likable now. It helped seeing how she turns out farther in the future.

Basically, if Sunrise was going for capturing the crazy personal development of the teenage years, they're doing a great job. It's a bit confusing to follow at times, though.
Old 2013-05-24, 18:54   Link #56
7Th
Mixtape

It gets reposted in 2ch all the time so there must be some truth to it, but anyone knows the source of the interview with the producer in which he mentions that Saki will be the most memorable character? Something like this: "プロデュサーだったかが一番印象に残ったキャラはサキだと".
Old 2013-05-24, 20:39   Link #57
mayumi

For me Saki always had that air where the writers were aiming for developing her character from being a fame obsessed bitch to a altruistic fighter who might be the only one alive but still doing her job protecting what ever she is.
She seems like a C.C to me.
Old 2013-05-30, 02:38   Link #58
Xion Valkyrie

Found this at the usual den of evil:

Old 2013-05-30, 06:16   Link #59
bastek66

Quote:
Found this at the usual den of evil:

Spoiler for pic:
But there is like 5 or 6 pictures analyzing Saki.
Old 2013-05-30, 09:22   Link #60
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
A couple good, subtle pick-ups by the den of evil (whatever that means ).

I similarly felt that Saki was impressed by badass-mode Haruto (whereas the other two with them were dismayed by it). I also had the impression in earlier episodes that Saki didn't know Haruto well. I don't think Saki was particularly interested in Haruto until he went into badass mode. I think she's attracted to alpha males.

Also, while I don't think that Saki is downright bloodthirsty, she's also no pacifist. Which honestly, I find refreshing. What kind of pacifist willingly flies a weapon of mass destruction, and uses it against an enemy army? This is why I've never liked the idea of pacifists flying big, giant mechas. I can certainly respect those who try to keep casualties (on all sides) down to a minimum, but you shouldn't be flying one of these things if you're not willing to kill an enemy soldier if necessary.

Tags
characters