AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-09, 13:34   Link #1661
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
All that ketschup.... I don't think a group will pick up HotD which probably sucks. HotD will probably get the same fate as BL. If they do it'll probably be really slow or if LQ release people will bitch. They can't all be like Xamayon .
What are you talking about? There is a group that already picked it up and its the same one before the manga went on hiatus.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 16:13   Link #1662
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I never thought that I would dislike ketchup until this day.
Old 2013-03-09, 18:09   Link #1663
dfens

I might actually buy the chapter release if their is no raw right away. I know torpedo tits is no longer translating so a new group will have to translate it. Scans of the Dead said he is looking for translators since someone will want to do this series since it's so popular.

Probably will pick up my copies of The color editions 5-7 tomorrow if they have all of them I really want volume 7.

At least it's returning after all this time. Still pick up Yen Presses Color edition 2 but I know it won't be as good as the japanese release.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 18:27   Link #1664
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
I might actually buy the chapter release if their is no raw right away. I know torpedo tits is no longer translating so a new group will have to translate it. Scans of the Dead said he is looking for translators since someone will want to do this series since it's so popular.
Oh. I thought Torpedo Tits was part of Scans of the Dead. Well I'm sure some group will pick it up knowing there's still much interest in the series despite the 2 year hiatus.

Quote:
Probably will pick up my copies of The color editions 5-7 tomorrow if they have all of them I really want volume 7.

At least it's returning after all this time. Still pick up Yen Presses Color edition 2 but I know it won't be as good as the japanese release.
What do you mean it won't be as good as the Japanese release? Do you have a copy of both versions for comparison? I thought Yen Press's version is just a reprint of the original colored volumes only with English text. I don't have the colored omnibus but I'm planning to order it as well as the second one.
Old 2013-03-09, 20:56   Link #1665
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

delay may mean they're adding more chapters to the english omnibus?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 21:06   Link #1666
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
delay may mean they're adding more chapters to the english omnibus?
I seriously doubt that. The second omnibus covers only volumes 5 - 7 and the colored volume 7 was only recently released in Japan. At best they'll just add more artwork.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2013-03-09 at 21:39.
Old 2013-03-09, 21:11   Link #1667
nfsac

I read so fast and I saw orgybus :lol: reminding us of Shidou's team who got almost all killed by the undead.
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 00:01   Link #1668
dfens

Unfortunately Torpedo Tits who was working with Scans of the Dead decided he doesn't want to translate anymore even though it's been 2 years since he actually had anything to translate. He could have been doing Triage X all this time.

I do have both copies of the color editions. Volume 1-4 of the japanese editions and the whole omnibus english hardcover by Yen Press. The japanese versions have better quality paper and did a much better coloring job only downside is they are in japanese only which I can read and they are expensive. Around $28-30 dollars per volume when they retail about $18-20 in Japan.

The Yen Press version isn't bad the coloring job is ok much better than black and white, but no where near it's japanese counterpart. In fact they are coloring the second omnibus themselves again. More than likely they delayed it because they didn't know when the japanese would finish their color release and they were under contract obligations.

I do know it will have some artwork to increase the page count from the Lightening Pop artbook which I also own and is out of print. Probably won't look as good but good enough for the price they sale it for here stateside. The artwork is probably only going to be HOTD and maybe Triage X since they have cross over images and not the full book.

Hopefully the book store I go to has volumes 5-7 if not I will have them order them, I really want number 7 has some amazing scenes in color and much larger print than the manga's I own.
Old 2013-03-11, 13:18   Link #1669
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
What are you talking about? There is a group that already picked it up and its the same one before the manga went on hiatus.
I know who your talking about, but if you go on the maken-ki thread people are already bitching about why is Maken-ki scans so slow? A lot of readers are quality whores, but they don't understand how much a pain it is to redraw .

Translators usually aren't hard to find. Its mainly the raws, the cleaner, typesetter and the redrawer that are a pain in the ass to find.
Old 2013-03-12, 00:51   Link #1670
bumbayker

Quote:
I do have both copies of the color editions. Volume 1-4 of the japanese editions and the whole omnibus english hardcover by Yen Press. The japanese versions have better quality paper and did a much better coloring job only downside is they are in japanese only which I can read and they are expensive. Around $28-30 dollars per volume when they retail about $18-20 in Japan.

The Yen Press version isn't bad the coloring job is ok much better than black and white, but no where near it's japanese counterpart. In fact they are coloring the second omnibus themselves again. More than likely they delayed it because they didn't know when the japanese would finish their color release and they were under contract obligations.
So the english omnibus was colored by Yen Press and isn't really a reprint of the colored Japanese volumes? That kinda sucks. I would rather buy the original Japanese ones.

BTW where did you purchase them anyway? J-List?
Old 2013-03-12, 15:49   Link #1671
dfens

Yeah Yen Press colored it themselves, it's not bad much better than the regular black and white editions I bought the first volume of those and canceled it right after the black printing job was the worse I've seen from any company. As a collector for HOTD I had to have it all. Yen Presses omnibus is a real value I think I paid 35 dollars shipped but unfortunately it was not a reprint of the japanese versions.

It's expensive to buy the japanese color editions I paid about nearly 30 dollars a pop and will have to order 5-7 since they are not in stock in store.

The place I bought them and all my import manga and artbooks etc is Kinokuniya I live real close to one of their locations. They sale books for a bit more than the price in Japan but it's still cheaper than ordering direct online and paying shipping. Plus the turn around time is at most 2 weeks or which is real fast. I know volume 5-6 are in stock at another location so those should arrive real fast.
Old 2013-03-13, 07:35   Link #1672
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
So the english omnibus was colored by Yen Press and isn't really a reprint of the colored Japanese volumes?
It looks exactly the same though and both have high quality paper. I only bought the first volume of the Japanese color edition before I got the omnibus, but you have to be a real quality nerd to be annoyed by the differences. And IMHO, no matter how big a fan you are of the series, those slight differences do not worth the price they are asking for the Japanese releases (especially if you cannot even read it)

And the Omnibus is still has the best quality of all the mangas that have been released in English
Old 2013-03-14, 02:30   Link #1673
dfens

The Yen Press color edition is the best value for the money of course. As I said they did a ok job if their was no japanese edition people would be going crazy on how good it looks in color. I can't think of any other manga series even in Japan that got a re-release in color besides HOTD.

For the most part I was happy with the Yen Press version and kind of like the hardbound cover something that the japanese versions don't have. Even the japanese can do so much with something that was originally in black and white.

Even if I paid japan prices it sill would cost 126 dollars for all 7 vs about say 80-90 for the YP editions for 2 hardbound books.

I paid about 28 each so nearly 200 bucks for all 7. If they were in english for the size, quality and in color 20 dollars plus each volume would be more than acceptable. Better value than a american TPB.

If you like Shouji's art than the lightening pop artbook is a must have, the parts that will be added will look good in the 2nd edition but never as good as the import.

All in all I only recommend the Japanese editions if you are a die hard collector or don't care about the price. If their was a english editions made in Japan same price I get those over YP in a heartbeat.
Old 2013-03-14, 03:13   Link #1674
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

I know two people who bought them. One told me it was good. The other one told me it was the equivalent to diluted water colors lmao.
Old 2013-03-14, 15:32   Link #1675
Revan21

I' agree with the first one. It's not that bad

Highschool of the Dead – Full Color Edition Vol.1 Photo Review

Quote:
I can't think of any other manga series even in Japan that got a re-release in color besides HOTD.
Urushihara Satoshi's mangas did (like Plastic Little most recently) and ToLOVE-Ru has some 'Digitally Colored' releases but that paintjob is nowhere near HOTD's quality.

Last edited by Revan21; 2013-03-15 at 05:23.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 20:00   Link #1676
OpTiic

Send a message via Yahoo to OpTiic
I don't know if anybody said this already but they are starting the manga back up again this year and then i think the anime next year. Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI3IGKvxuqQ
OpTiic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 20:51   Link #1677
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
I' agree with the first one. It's not that bad

Highschool of the Dead – Full Color Edition Vol.1 Photo Review

Urushihara Satoshi's mangas did (like Plastic Little most recently) and ToLOVE-Ru has some 'Digitally Colored' releases but that paintjob is nowhere near HOTD's quality.
Damn now I wish I haven't bought the earlier manga releases of HOTD. Love the coloring.
Old 2013-03-27, 14:05   Link #1678
gowfan05

random question: which novels did the anime cover up to? Also is the novels still continuing?
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 15:19   Link #1679
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
random question: which novels did the anime cover up to? Also is the novels still continuing?
There're HotD novels??
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 21:55   Link #1680
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
There're HotD novels??
There are no HOTD novels. It's just the manga. AFAIR the anime covered to around chapter 15 - 16. But the events of chapter 17 in the anime happens right before they reach the Takagi estate.

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies