AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-03-22, 20:07   Link #21
EternalSpringFlower

So this is where the mass exodus from the anime thread will end up after the last episode. xD

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what the mangaka's plans for this manga are. Does it look like the story will be finished soon?
EternalSpringFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 20:41   Link #22
MurkyMuse

My guess is that once the current arc finishes up we'll still have at least two arcs left. But that's just a guess. There's been no word from the mangaka about how much is left that I'm aware of.
MurkyMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 23:03   Link #23
EternalSpringFlower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkyMuse View Post
My guess is that once the current arc finishes up we'll still have at least two arcs left. But that's just a guess. There's been no word from the mangaka about how much is left that I'm aware of.
I'm torn between wanting to read it for ten more years and wanting to know the end of the story. Now that anime is over I'm living in this thread. xD
Old 2015-03-25, 18:52   Link #24
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalSpringFlower View Post
So this is where the mass exodus from the anime thread will end up after the last episode. xD

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows what the mangaka's plans for this manga are. Does it look like the story will be finished soon?
Dunno. IMO, the story doesn't look anywhere close to completion. The shield and sword have yet to be revealed or even mentioned. In terms of character motivations and how things will develop, not a lot of answers have been given. I think at best, we could be near the half-way point, now that all the main characters somewhat touched on. And that's only if the manga-ka goes headlong into the conclusion. The manga's been going strong for over five years. I could easily see it go on for another few.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 15:50   Link #25
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Dunno. IMO, the story doesn't look anywhere close to completion. The shield and sword have yet to be revealed or even mentioned. In terms of character motivations and how things will develop, not a lot of answers have been given. I think at best, we could be near the half-way point, now that all the main characters somewhat touched on. And that's only if the manga-ka goes headlong into the conclusion. The manga's been going strong for over five years. I could easily see it go on for another few.
Well part of why it's been going strong is also because there's actual development in it, so I would at least expect to go somewhere interesting regardless of how close it is to ending or such.
Old 2015-03-27, 16:29   Link #26
EternalSpringFlower

Quote:
I started reading the manga and got almost to the end of the english version and now I have to agree. There is no hurry and the main plot is barely touched upon.

I find this manga unusual in many ways, this development is one of them. Usually when a fantasy manga becomes long (goes past 10 volumes) it's either all action & plot (Claymore, for example) or all romance (pretty much every long shoujo manga) but Yona is neither while it has some elements of both. It is a very confident story that allows itself to linger on character development for even some very secondary characters (Tae-Jun, I'm talking about you.)

Oh, and I started to really like Ki-Ja. He's neglected in the anime once the story moves past their original meeting, but he's such a interesting character and I find his personality and outlook to be one of the most unusual things the manga has to offer. His attitude, too--usually when you see someone who is like a "monster' but actually loves being one and considers it a noble and beautiful thing, that character will be a villain or at least an anti-hero.
Old 2015-03-28, 12:58   Link #27
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

K, I started the manga today! Started at 41 actually:

Spoiler:

And I stopped at Zeno's intro....
Spoiler:
Old 2015-03-28, 18:58   Link #28
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalSpringFlower View Post
I started reading the manga and got almost to the end of the english version and now I have to agree. There is no hurry and the main plot is barely touched upon.

I find this manga unusual in many ways, this development is one of them. Usually when a fantasy manga becomes long (goes past 10 volumes) it's either all action & plot (Claymore, for example) or all romance (pretty much every long shoujo manga) but Yona is neither while it has some elements of both. It is a very confident story that allows itself to linger on character development for even some very secondary characters (Tae-Jun, I'm talking about you.)
Oh yes, I have no complaints whatsoever about the pacing. It's so nice having a properly developed story. And I ended up loving Tae-Jun. He started off as such an obnoxious pompous ass, but he's so endearing now. I would love to see the next arc animated. As the arc progressed, I had been entertaining the idea of him having a part in the Hiryuu mythos as well, as the sword or shield, since he clearly wasn't ready for any sort of responsibility. But, I've settled with Hak and Suwon in those roles for the moment.

Quote:
Oh, and I started to really like Ki-Ja. He's neglected in the anime once the story moves past their original meeting, but he's such a interesting character and I find his personality and outlook to be one of the most unusual things the manga has to offer. His attitude, too--usually when you see someone who is like a "monster' but actually loves being one and considers it a noble and beautiful thing, that character will be a villain or at least an anti-hero.
Yes, the manga extras really flesh out Ki-Ja and Jae-ha. It's kind of a shame that a lot of their backgrounds are not included in the main story, and hence won't be animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
And I stopped at Zeno's intro....
Spoiler:
Only click below if you want to be spoiled. And if you don't, avoid the first page of this thread.
Spoiler for :
Old 2015-03-28, 22:04   Link #29
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Oh yes, I have no complaints whatsoever about the pacing. It's so nice having a properly developed story. And I ended up loving Tae-Jun. He started off as such an obnoxious pompous ass, but he's so endearing now. I would love to see the next arc animated. As the arc progressed, I had been entertaining the idea of him having a part in the Hiryuu mythos as well, as the sword or shield, since he clearly wasn't ready for any sort of responsibility. But, I've settled with Hak and Suwon in those roles for the moment.

Yes, the manga extras really flesh out Ki-Ja and Jae-ha. It's kind of a shame that a lot of their backgrounds are not included in the main story, and hence won't be animated.

Only click below if you want to be spoiled. And if you don't, avoid the first page of this thread.
Spoiler for :

Its okay.

Spoiler:
Old 2015-04-03, 07:02   Link #30
MurkyMuse

Guys, guys. Spoilers for the latest chapter, 104.

Spoiler for manga spoilers:
Old 2015-04-05, 19:34   Link #31
Naoshi

Spoiler for Chapter 104:

Next chapter coming to 20th April!
Old 2015-04-05, 21:32   Link #32
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Where are you all getting this? The only place I know is that it's up to 82...

I"m up to somewhere in the 60s now...

Spoiler:
Old 2015-04-05, 23:11   Link #33
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Where are you all getting this? The only place I know is that it's up to 82...

I"m up to somewhere in the 60s now...

Spoiler:
There's tumblr and mangalator, or at least that's what I know that has up to date chapters. I don't know where he got the information though since it might be different from me and I haven't looked at the latest chapter yet Most shoujo manga up to date news that I know usually are in there.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 07:23   Link #34
MurkyMuse

There was a Japanese blogger that posted a few images and summary, and then someone on tumblr translated. But now this blogger has a full summary of 104 up here.

You can find summaries for the other chapters that haven't been fully translated yet here.

Spoiler for 104 talk:

Last edited by MurkyMuse; 2015-04-06 at 07:34.
Old 2015-04-15, 23:58   Link #35
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkyMuse View Post
Spoiler for 104 talk:
Spoiler for 104:
Old 2015-04-25, 21:57   Link #36
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So I'm caught up somewhat and saw the latest chapter:

Spoiler:
Old 2015-04-29, 13:31   Link #37
aakun4

So I finally caught up! I read the 10 or so volumes after the anime ended in just a few days. Such an alluring story.. you can't stop reading. The plot, character development, romance and comedy are so well mixed together that there's always something going on keeping your attention.

Spoiler for Until chap 100:

Spoiler for 101~104:

Spoiler for 105:

can't wait for next chapter! hopefully raws don't take too long to come out

Last edited by aakun4; 2015-04-29 at 13:50.
aakun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 16:10   Link #38
Justice_Rises

Exclamation When will Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn) Come to a end?

It's gone on for almost 17 volumes, and it seems like the author is stalling on the storyline....

I personally think it's time for it to come to an end, cause there really needs something to jumpstart the story...

Dont get me wrong, i love the manga and the anime, but i think the curtain needs to fall on this one...

The question is, when?
Justice_Rises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-12, 16:22   Link #39
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

when yona realized hak's feeling towards her

which is never
Old 2015-06-13, 02:19   Link #40
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Stalling? No, not really. There's not much filler chapters as each arc tends to have world building or more character developments.

Being veeery slow story? Yep.

Also there's already thread for this http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=130703&page=2

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, akatsuki no yona, manga, romance comedy, yona of the dawn