AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

Old 2007-10-02, 18:11   Link #41
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Tastes tend to differ, my friend.
I agree. To partially quote Mef once again, "Cauldron full of helium." What a horribly high pitched voice she has. Her voice is best suited for annoyingly cutesy pet-type machine that can operate alien spaceship such as Marie from Onegai Teacher. God I used to hate that thing. Bring back suppressed memories.

Screens for episode 1:

Other than that one complaint, this was a pretty fun episode.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 18:23   Link #42
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I agree. To partially quote Mef once again, "Cauldron full of helium." What a horribly high pitched voice she has. Her voice is best suited for annoyingly cutesy pet-type machine that can operate alien spaceship such as Marie from Onegai Teacher. God I used to hate that thing. Bring back suppressed memories.
on the bright side...she also voiced "fumoffu!!!" (unless you hate him as well )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 18:29   Link #43
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and i liked the way sana's male friend doesnt come off as the usual comical idiot like what most harems have. He can actually get a good girl himself with his charm :3
If you read some of the stuff on the game's website, he actually seems like quite a jerk. I think he'll be one of the more interesting male support characters.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 18:45   Link #44
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Aoi's voice is so high pitch, but I guess it's okay since I kinda like it. She looks like Nodoka with glasses....hmmmm.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 19:37   Link #45
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Prepare to be tremendously disappointed then.
well I thought it was cute at first but her voice got to me and started getting on my nerves, but i still like her
Let's go Aoi
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 20:04   Link #46
UPR

I enjoyed the first ep. And this is 13ep right? So it's not like were going to have to endure the voice for a terribly long time. Which by the way i did not find as bad as other make it out to be.
Old 2007-10-02, 23:54   Link #47
iamthebest22

I just hope this doesn't turn into another School Days :P
EDIT: Her voice is too high *ears hurting from high pitch* xD This 1st episode looks promising for the series, hope it keeps up!
and btw, how the frak do I delete the accidental double post?
iamthebest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 00:00   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for First episode thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 04:55   Link #49
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Spoiler:

And I totally love Aoi's voice. I could listen to it for hours (okay, exaggerated).
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 05:45   Link #50
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Some thoughts:
This episode isn't bad at all, as it wasn't slow and the "introduction" felt natural, though not really original.
Much said many times, Aoi voice is DOOM... Frankly, her voice and bust size are absurd, and her personality is a bit exaggerated, but meh...

The twins look like they will give nice chemistry, and i guess Syusuke will have a bigger, unlike usual joker/easy going support male (as it is a standard in harem, like Suginami from DC and Itsuki from Shuffle)

As for Nanaka, as usual, it is clearly too soon to judge a tsundere (holy crap... 5 years turned a very sweet into THIS? . she looks like Tsugumi with a X3 in tsuntsun). I expect the usual cliche issue: Sana broke or forgot about a promise (the sakura bracer and/or the violin song)

Looks like a normal high school/romance anime, nothing peculiar or outstanding yet.
Guess the potential will be unfolded soon, considering the preview.

the OP looks a bit misleading: it look rather a huge and fast paced fun school life, which is SHARPLY different from its game counterpart OP. interesting.
Old 2007-10-03, 06:13   Link #51
changeup

Whatever it is, I think it may be related to what Shuusuke attempted to shout to Sana when he was leaving in the train.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 08:45   Link #52
iamthebest22

Yeah that's what I thought too change, and wanna bet it has something to do with the song that Nanaka wrote? lol
iamthebest22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 10:43   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Fairly enjoyable first ep. Quite workmanlike. I find myself liking the protagonist, which is a good start. Some good cast members, with Koshimizu Ami (Karen in Code Geass, etc.) as the tsuntsun, Koyasu Takehito (Gym Ghingnham in Turn A Gundam, Nogami Neuro) as the protagonist's friend, and Tamura Yukari (Nanoha) as the genki girl with pale hair. And I liked the overall look of the show.

But I also found the voice of the meganekko, Aoi, hard to bear. However, I'm not necessarily going to blame the VA, who is the well-known and highly professional Kaneda Tomoko. You've heard her tiny high voice as Na-kun in Moetan, Mayuko in sola, Marie in Onegai Twins, etc. I think the recording isn't very good. At other times, I felt the background music was drowning out the voices. I didn't see a sound director credited on-screen, although there were recording people, so I don't know what's going on there.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 12:41   Link #54
NakedAngelX

The high pitched voice there made me thought its gonna be a loli show haha... decent show so far, though near the end they hyped the story quite a lot with that slap. Now it'll take a lot more to keep me from falling a sleep in the later episodes.
Old 2007-10-03, 12:44   Link #55
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
However, I'm not necessarily going to blame the VA, who is the well-known and highly professional Kaneda Tomoko. You've heard her tiny high voice as Na-kun in Moetan, Mayuko in sola, Marie in Onegai Twins, etc.
I haven't watched these series but from her roles in Madlax, Fumoffu, Black Lagoon, etc it seems to me she is well suited to voicing little girls or weird fluffy robot costumes, not busty meganekos as is the case here. Such too cutesy, loli voices are simply not my cup of tea when the character in question is not a little girl.

I just skimmed the first episode, looks like too generic of a series but I will give it a chance due to the cast and some not bad looking girls. But can't these harems stop exploting childhood friendship in every series?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 13:24   Link #56
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I just skimmed the first episode, looks like too generic of a series but I will give it a chance due to the cast and some not bad looking girls. But can't these harems stop exploting childhood friendship in every series?
Nope...they cant...this is basic stuff they need -

1 x osananajimi, 1 x loli (onii chan!!), 1 x serious tsun girl, 1 x hot senpai 1x...err you get the idea

well nanaka is tsun tsun - and while it is early i can see her staying that way until the yaro apologises (for whatever he did )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 13:33   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Koyasu Takehito (Gym Ghingnham in Turn A Gundam, Nogami Neuro)
How about mentioning some of his most recent roles, like Keith from Toward the Terra? :3

I haven't watched the first episode yet, though its one of my golden rules to watch a series that has Koyasu Takehito in it. Of course its a lovely bonus when i have many more reasons to check Myself; Yourself out. My thoughts come soon~
Old 2007-10-03, 14:43   Link #58
changeup

That's true. And I don't think this is a bad thing... the most important thing is not the story, but the plot...~~

Anyway, after Sxxxxx Days, I believe a more traditional romance story is necessary to heal the dampened souls......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Nope...they cant...this is basic stuff they need -

1 x osananajimi, 1 x loli (onii chan!!), 1 x serious tsun girl, 1 x hot senpai 1x...err you get the idea

well nanaka is tsun tsun - and while it is early i can see her staying that way until the yaro apologises (for whatever he did )
Old 2007-10-03, 14:47   Link #59
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I haven't watched the first episode yet, though its one of my golden rules to watch a series that has Koyasu Takehito in it.
How do you manage that, he has been in like a third of all anime ever created.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 14:51   Link #60
changeup

Not really, I guess he's only in about 10 or so animes this year, so it is more like 10% instead of 1/3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
How do you manage that, he has been in like a third of all anime ever created.

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, dogakobo, drama, romance, school life, yeti