AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-04-22, 05:49   Link #2901
WingedAccelerator

Detailed summary.
Spoiler for Chapter 83:
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-22, 06:19   Link #2902
Lex79

Spoiler for ch 83:
Old 2019-04-22, 06:51   Link #2903
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
But this much?! We are close to a 40+ streak. It's ridiculous. Why not small chunks? Or something similar to Miku with 20+, then someone takes the lead, then 10+ again. Negi went overbeard with Nino, and I wouldn't be surprised if she won't get surpassed ever again.
I think this much is appropriate to given situation. Miku and Yotsuba are terrible with conflicts (and needs deal with their own issues) while Itsuki is lost cause in every sense of Word.

Quote:
Confirmed it's from Fuutarou's memories. He went with KG on the same path as she is walking with Ichika right now. KG said he is necessary, so tagging along with her was joyful. But he spent so much time with her that the sun went down, and spent the rest of the time in the inn KG stayed in, playing card games with her, until his teacher came and scolded him. Ichika said it was her, but he couldn't believe her anymore after the Fake Miku stunt. And Ichika brought up the charm as an evidence, that she still has it, but that sealed the deal for Fuutarou, since Rena gave her charm to him. But if Ichika indeed still has it, then all of them has one, and not 5 for one = 5 times the effort.
I feel that after all that crying wolf, Ichika might be telling true about charm. If that's the case, suck to be her. Not that it's any better if that is lie tio
Old 2019-04-22, 07:23   Link #2904
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Spoiler for ch 83:
It feels like Miku is the main heroine in the current situation, and the story/other quints voluntarily give her push to at least make her to tell her feelings to Fuutarou, or at least somehow cure her depression.

And this is quite ironic, cause it feels like special treatment, which usually Itsuki gets (And Nino). If I don't want to be a dick, I would say that Itsuki could be handled later, since she is not pushing her agenda enough, and wanted Fuutarou in the first place to connect the dots. Fuutarou realized something last chapter, and if we are dealing with a single KG, and that's her, Fuutarou will talk to her sooner or later.

However, if I want to be a dick, whenever Itsuki's main heroine trait was addressed, it was not always just throwing in the term, reasonable explanations followed, why some of us are displeased with her, and don't want her to win. I think you said something along the lines of an arc similar to Fumino's could make wonders with her, but even that was called out. And seemingly Negi doesn't really rush with her, or really doesn't want anything critical to do with her, and that's why she is neglected. I think I said that the more chapters pass without her really entering the bowl, the less it would make sense if solely her being KG could earn her the victory.

3 chapters are left from Bride Yotsuba's volume. If the stalker plotpoint is not something serious, then Negi could wrap this arc up as well in that amount of time. That leaves 9 chapters for Bride Itsuki, and 7-9 chapters for finishing the series, if that's what Negi is planning.
Old 2019-04-22, 08:38   Link #2905
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^does it even matter whose cover the volume gets. The chapters' contents don't even go with the cover heroine. I am a tad curious as to why you still bring that up.
Old 2019-04-22, 08:39   Link #2906
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
The wedding scene is silly....~?
Because it kinda sealed of the route of "Forever Alone" and "Open End", so we won't have the ending where Fuu rejected all sisters and went for "Yaoi" route, "Faceless wife" or "Die tragically".
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-22, 09:00   Link #2907
Tenzen12

Quote:
It feels like Miku is the main heroine in the current situation, and the story/other quints voluntarily give her push to at least make her to tell her feelings to Fuutarou, or at least somehow cure her depression.

And this is quite ironic, cause it feels like special treatment, which usually Itsuki gets (And Nino). If I don't want to be a dick, I would say that Itsuki could be handled later, since she is not pushing her agenda enough, and wanted Fuutarou in the first place to connect the dots. Fuutarou realized something last chapter, and if we are dealing with a single KG, and that's her, Fuutarou will talk to her sooner or later.

However, if I want to be a dick, whenever Itsuki's main heroine trait was addressed, it was not always just throwing in the term, reasonable explanations followed, why some of us are displeased with her, and don't want her to win. I think you said something along the lines of an arc similar to Fumino's could make wonders with her, but even that was called out. And seemingly Negi doesn't really rush with her, or really doesn't want anything critical to do with her, and that's why she is neglected. I think I said that the more chapters pass without her really entering the bowl, the less it would make sense if solely her being KG could earn her the victory.

3 chapters are left from Bride Yotsuba's volume. If the stalker plotpoint is not something serious, then Negi could wrap this arc up as well in that amount of time. That leaves 9 chapters for Bride Itsuki, and 7-9 chapters for finishing the series, if that's what Negi is planning.
Hey Itsuki deserve or main heroine criticism she got. Her scenes often felt unnatural and forced in just to keep her relevant (even if Negi ultimately failed in it) which is in general privilege only main heroine gets.

Miku case is much more believable. In this situation it make perfect sense for other quints give her special treatment which doesn't necessarily means author does too. This is pivotal arc for Miku. It can more or less offiialy establish her as main heroine... or put several torpedoes into hull of her ship. If Negi plan turn to be later, any complain of preferential treatment in this arc would fall flat.
Old 2019-04-22, 09:03   Link #2908
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
^does it even matter whose cover the volume gets. The chapters' contents don't even go with the cover heroine. I am a tad curious as to why you still bring that up.
You misunderstood me this time around.
I simply connected my paragraph about Itsuki's chances to how many chapters could be left, if I simply look at the covers. 3 from Bride Yotsuba + 9 from Bride Itsuki + 7-9 from Group Brides, if Negi goes that direction and wants to end it. The fact that he still really isn't pushing Itsuki just gave me the impression that her role might really not be crucial, and given that the series could end in 20 chapters, you can't blame me for that.

Now then...
What is the last page from the last chapter, Ichika disguising as Miku has to do with anything that went down this chapter regarding her plan?
Ichika said: "As long as Fuutarou-kun thinks Miku likes him, he will notice the condradiction with my lie (Fake Miku). I will use anything and everything I can (Kyoto girl photo). I have no other choice to win this war!"

Did she plan on telling as Miku that Ichika is KG or what? Outside of Negi using the disguise for Fuutarou to reveal it, I see no convincing explanation why Ichika wanted to talk about KG as Miku, then when her act was revealed, she insisted that she, Ichika really is KG. Or is Miku KG, or one of the KG's, so Ichika wanted another layer of support lie? I don't get it.

^I know. I called Itsuki out as well time to time. So I'm not criticising you, or how Itsuki is treated, or Miku's case, just point it out that another meltdown started about "Miku carried by the plot/others", so anyone that defended special treatment before regarding Nino and Itsuki, should not act like this direction with Miku is the norm.
Old 2019-04-22, 09:31   Link #2909
Lex79

Quote:

Yeah when I talked about Itsuki (at the beginning of the year, if I remember correctly) I was firmly of the opinion that a solid arc for her could have easily bridged the gap between her and the others. And what I was expecting was nothing more than the typical romcom character development arc, that's why I was pretty confident that Negi could deliver. What Negi chose to do instead was neglecting every opportunity to do something with her (like the job hunting, her dream to become a teacher, her promise to become the best in the exam) and having her seemingly falling for Fuutarou offscreen, that's quite disappointing. About her being the Kyoto girl, I agree that it's not a sufficient condition for her victory, since this is not a Love Hina like story with the protagonist obsessed for his first love. The Kyoto girl reveal should be used to either have her becoming closer to Fuutarou or to seal the deal after they start to develop mutual feelings.
Now, my biggest hope is that the story isn't going to end soon, and that this arc somehow settles things for at least Ichika (and maybe Miku) so Negi will be free to dedicate time to Itsuki.
Old 2019-04-22, 09:43   Link #2910
Tenzen12

So I heard
Spoiler for can anyone confirm this?:
Old 2019-04-22, 09:59   Link #2911
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
So I heard
Spoiler for can anyone confirm this?:
Spoiler for commenting on the rumor:
Old 2019-04-22, 10:16   Link #2912
Chosen_Hero

^
Spoiler for next chapter:
Old 2019-04-22, 10:29   Link #2913
Tenzen12

If it's really true, I too think that would be good reason for doing so too. Especially if she was telling truth before.
Old 2019-04-22, 11:04   Link #2914
WingedAccelerator

^I wrote it down in the detailed summary. The earlier spoilers talked about a trick, but I also edited those, pointing out that different sources claim different things about the course selection.

Ichika overheard about which course Fuutarou would be in, and probably pointed to that group accordingly. Or she learned about that after she chose E, but Yotsuba's, Nino's, and Miku's words came to her mind, she made a genuine smile, and the next day she is suddenly in course D instead, while she says her stomach hurts. Miku surprisingly bumps into Fuutarou as another fellow course E member at the end of the chapter.
Old 2019-04-22, 23:15   Link #2915
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Any logic should be taken with a grain of salt; any logical dude would dump all five and concentrate on university. Forget about the girls, just having to deal with the father is already way too much baggage if you ask me.
I'm going to have to disagree respectfully.

First off, Fuu being so invested in the quints problems despite being ONLY a hired tutor is illogical from the get go, and the author lampshades this in the "A Day Off" arc. Fuu literally says out loud "If I look objectively, it does make me wonder why I'm going out of my way to be meddlesome." If his sole motivation was just money, there really is no reason why he should be butting into other family's matters.

But thats the reason why Fuu stands out from the rest of the harem MCs. He isn't some plain or bland character that people can self-insert themself into. He is really an asshole on the surface, but when he gets involved with someone, be it with KG, the quints or other random people like Kiku, he shows off a great deal of compassion despite not knowing them for long.

Secondly, Fuu DID 'dump all five' - remember he quit the teaching job out of his own volition. His own words is that he is not good enough... teaching them alone is insufficient, but he thinks that a tutor should be able to take the quints feelings into consideration. This of course stems from his philosophy he had since a child to throw away all the unnecessary stuff, and of course, he gets won back by the quints who felt he was so necessary, that they were willing to give up their life of luxury just so he can keep teaching them.

Thirdly, as I said before, one of the themes of the series is "to love someone is in not abandoning them, despite it being 'inconvenient' to one or both parties". Grandpa was avoiding the quints because he doesn't want them to burden them with his impending death. Maruo, despite loving her daughters enough to be able to tell them apart effortlessly, didn't spend time with them at all until recently. Rena also said goodbye because she thought she was tying him down.

But Fuu, being the chad MC that he is and learned the lesson already, goes on a major speech about how it's ok for the quints to NOT set him free.

As such, I would argue NOW that Fuu dumping the quints is actually the illogical course of action, because it would go against everything his character building was. Of course, if someone was Fuu, the logical choice is to take the money and just to strictly tutor them. But Negi was wise enough to bring up the contradictory part of Fuu's personality early enough that he was able to not only build up throughout the story, but also actually having it as a core part of the plot. I certainly wouldn't have Fuu any other way.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-24, 02:22   Link #2916
WingedAccelerator

Something has bugged me with the course selection, but couldn't pinpoint it. Thankfully I saw a reasonable explanation.

You see, all of them had to write their picks on a sheet. If Ichika changed her pick to help Miku, that simply won't make Miku go for E, even if Ichika somehow got Miku's sheet, and changed that too. Miku would just go to the course she initially picked, which we assumed was D, and not E.

Ichika suggested the game, and the conditions were all of them picking a different course. We see Ichika writing E on her sheet, and we also got a small flashback where she overheard Fuutarou picking that too. Then she remembers the words of Yotsuba, Nino and Miku, and the devilish grin changes to a genuine smile. She appears at course D the next day.

Conclusion: It's more likely that Miku initially picked E, but when Ichika overheard that Fuutarou also picked that, she thought about going with that too, essentially playing dirty again by going against the rule she set up, but decided to play fairly in the end, and sticked with D, despite already knowing that Fuutarou won't be there.
Old 2019-04-24, 12:41   Link #2917
Tenzen12

So yeah I am pretty sure Ichika is indeed (one of) girl(s) from 5 years ago.
Old 2019-04-24, 12:57   Link #2918
Ultragunner

so...Ichika was happy to give up group E? and why was she blushing there ?
Old 2019-04-24, 13:26   Link #2919
Lex79

There is a part of me that wants Ichika to be the Kyoto girl, because it would be amore satisfying punishment for her if it turns out she destroyed her precious connection to Fuutarou.
Seeing Miku apologize to her was disgusting...as she is now, I don't want her to win.
Old 2019-04-24, 14:32   Link #2920
WingedAccelerator

The pacing of the chapter is once again, clearly fast, so Negi ending it this year is more and more apparent. Chapter 80 is the first chapter of Kyoto, and 4 chapters in, we are already at the last day.

This chapter had:
- Clearing up the Fake Miku bullshit - Exposing Ichika.
- Ichika wanting to use the KG card.
- Ichika seemingly playing fairly again.
In one go.

Quote:
Now then...
What is the last page from the last chapter, Ichika disguising as Miku has to do with anything that went down this chapter regarding her plan?
Ichika said: "As long as Fuutarou-kun thinks Miku likes him, he will notice the condradiction with my lie (Fake Miku). I will use anything and everything I can (Kyoto girl photo). I have no other choice to win this war!"

Did she plan on telling as Miku that Ichika is KG or what? Outside of Negi using the disguise for Fuutarou to reveal it, I see no convincing explanation why Ichika wanted to talk about KG as Miku, then when her act was revealed, she insisted that she, Ichika really is KG. Or is Miku KG, or one of the KG's, so Ichika wanted another layer of support lie? I don't get it.
I still don't get it.
It makes me think that Ichika could have succeeded in persuading Fuutarou about being KG, if not for the Miku disguise, but if simply Negi made her use it for Fuutarou to not believe her in the end, that's just cheap. Give me a legit reason about the purpose of the Miku disguise.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck