AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-23, 01:52   Link #1
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Location: Canada, In my basement playing DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION
Full Metal Alchemist game

At the end of the new ep. there was something about a PS2 game so i searched and found this:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/ps2/hagaren/
I can't say i am suprized becuause after all, the show is sponsered by the two (well now one) laregest game developer in Japan. After a visit to this website, i am definatly buying this game, though it is a shame it is coming out AFTER christmas, oh well, i found out too late anyways. Well, if anyone findes a nother link with some goodies in it, if you wouldn't mind posting it up i would be very greatfull.

Anyways, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 2003-12-23, 01:58   Link #2
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Looks great! Hmm, I'm definitely gonna get it too!
Old 2003-12-23, 15:51   Link #3
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Just remember, it's only being published by Square-Enix, it wasn't *made* by them.
Old 2003-12-23, 16:41   Link #4
Lain

Gah! Cursed consoles, stealing our games, they are!
Old 2003-12-24, 00:38   Link #5
sothis

this was posted a really long time ago on rpgamer.
Old 2003-12-24, 00:46   Link #6
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
Just remember, it's only being published by Square-Enix, it wasn't *made* by them.
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/574/57447...?ui=gamefinder

Acording to this sight it *is* being developed by square-enix, though the sight also *is* ign, so you can choose to belive or not. I think it it safe to say it is.
Old 2003-12-24, 13:10   Link #7
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

quote from one of IGN's own articles:
"Development is at 80% for this sure-to-be Japan-only title with Racjin, the developer of Busin handling the development."
Old 2003-12-24, 21:45   Link #8
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
quote from one of IGN's own articles:
"Development is at 80% for this sure-to-be Japan-only title with Racjin, the developer of Busin handling the development."
Oh... Sorry, i didn't actualy read the article (too lazy) and i just looked at that side thing that says stuff, well i guess they screwed up since it says that:

Publisher: Square-Enix
Developer: Square-Enix
Old 2003-12-24, 23:55   Link #9
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Well quit being lazy then!
Old 2003-12-25, 17:55   Link #10
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
haha, nice, Looks awesome. Hopefully it will be decent...
Old 2004-02-04, 16:35   Link #11
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Before i start my post, i would just like to add a note to the mods that this thread should probably be moved to the FMA sub section. I just thought it would be stupid to start a new thread about the exact same thing so i just added to this one.

I finaly got the game (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!), and it is AMAZING. Well there is a problem though, given that it is an action/RPG, it has a shite load of talking/reading, and obviously, it is in Japanese. However, if you watch the show, you should get the main idea on what is happening.

As for the actual gameplay. I really like it. You can use alchemey to make blocks of stone apear infront of you as a defence or to reach things. The other interesting thing about the use of alchemey is that you can change things in the environment in to a usefull wepon (usualy get two choices). As for the graphics, they are great. The cut sceens are anime. Acording to a couple of sites (and my knowledge), the animation sceens are exclusive to the game, which explains why i don't recognise the cut sceens from the game. There is one thing that i wasn't that impresed with. In most square-enix games, the talking is acted out, however in this game, only the text is avalible.

Over all if i had to rate this game, i'd give it a 9/10. My review is of corse, bias since i am a fan of the show, however i think that any fan of RPGs will like this game.
Old 2004-02-04, 16:54   Link #12
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

-> Fullmetal Alchemist

Thread moved
Old 2004-02-04, 17:29   Link #13
YuuOminae
唯我独尊

I bought this game over that PS2 Macross game.

>_>

I wish I bought that Macross game instead. I haven't played a console game in years (other than a few Super Robot Taisen games here and there), but seriously. This game just bored the hell out of me.
Old 2004-02-04, 17:43   Link #14
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

if you look at the character section of that sight...theres a button for the main and a button for the...um, other unknown characters. Maybe they'll be in the series later!
Old 2004-02-04, 17:58   Link #15
YuuOminae
唯我独尊

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
if you look at the character section of that sight...theres a button for the main and a button for the...um, other unknown characters. Maybe they'll be in the series later!
Uh. No. Those are original characters made just for the game. As far as the timeline goes, this is supposed to take place in between chapter 9 and 10 in the manga or episode 17 and 18 in the anime.

Of those game characters characters, only Genz Blethlow actually showed up in the manga (chapter 17 actually, but that was just a picture of him in an advertisement for automail).
Old 2004-02-04, 22:41   Link #16
Iron Monkey

Didn't Square-Enix announce a game for FMA before the show even aired? I wish they would hurry up with the localization so I could play it. I'm guessing they are going to sooner or later, since Square-Enix was saying how FMA was one of their three main pillars of support (or something like that) along with Final Fantasy and (correct me if I am wrong) Dragon Quest. And that probably means the anime being eventually licensed is almost a given.
Old 2004-02-04, 22:50   Link #17
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
arrrghhh.... anime licensed... no !!!!!! well... i suppose it is inevitable but i hope that they finish the entire FMA story before it does get licensed... by the way... is the game good? i saw it the other day and its in Japanese so I didn't buy it... any chance there's an english version?
Old 2004-02-04, 23:34   Link #18
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
arrrghhh.... anime licensed... no !!!!!! well... i suppose it is inevitable but i hope that they finish the entire FMA story before it does get licensed... by the way... is the game good? i saw it the other day and its in Japanese so I didn't buy it... any chance there's an english version?
Even if FMA does get licensed, there will fansub groups that'll sub it.
I want to play that game~ Sigh... How come I don't know Japanese?
Old 2004-02-05, 20:09   Link #19
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan
Even if FMA does get licensed, there will fansub groups that'll sub it.
waat?...i thought anime cant be downloaded after its liscensed.
Old 2004-02-05, 20:19   Link #20
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"

Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
waat?...i thought anime cant be downloaded after its liscensed.
Sure you can download anime after it gets licensed. You can steal, too. Didn't you know that? O.o;;
Closed Thread