AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-04-19, 23:43   Link #3861
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Lol at Diana getting her wings after all, and without delay. Jelousy, eh? Anyhow, I'm not sure if this came up before, but does anyone think Keima is actually in love with any/some/all of the girls? Even though Keima's actions were scripted, some may be his true feelings? While Haqua may call Keima a demon, the truth is that she's already fallen for him, even though she KNOWS that all of Keima's actions were planned out. Haqua know just how much Keima cares for the girls and how nice he really is, even if the romantic parts may be acts.

The more and more I read, the more I feel like Keima is gonna get the School Day's ending ^^;;
Old 2011-04-20, 00:36   Link #3862
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Lol at Diana getting her wings after all, and without delay. Jelousy, eh? Anyhow, I'm not sure if this came up before, but does anyone think Keima is actually in love with any/some/all of the girls? Even though Keima's actions were scripted, some may be his true feelings? While Haqua may call Keima a demon, the truth is that she's already fallen for him, even though she KNOWS that all of Keima's actions were planned out. Haqua know just how much Keima cares for the girls and how nice he really is, even if the romantic parts may be acts.

The more and more I read, the more I feel like Keima is gonna get the School Day's ending ^^;;
He does, its Yokkyun.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 01:06   Link #3863
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
He does, its Yokkyun.
And he takes the rest of the human race with him in a series of natural disasters - courtesy of the angry goddesses.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 02:18   Link #3864
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
3 days. Longest record for Kami not playing any game but he doesn't have any time to play around.

I wonder what is Kami thinking from the 3 panel that he doesn't say anything. Kami said he just ignored what Haqua said but ... I wonder if that's true. His been playing around with girls feelings and he knows that too and that's his only way of helping them. But I wonder. ... .....
I think he was thinking about how from what Diana said it means that he needs to conquer the goddesses' hearts too and not just the hosts.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 06:31   Link #3865
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Not much to say about this other than I liked how every plot thread is now moving at a steady pace, and we sort out most of the problems before continuing with the search (Keima's reaction in the end was also nice to see. It's good that we are seeing some very subtle changes in his character, rather than hitting us with hammer over every single different reaction)

Spoiler for trivia or unintentional coolness/hilarity:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I want mother to come home early and discover her son has become a two-timing ladies man.

I predict mixed feelings.
''Like father like son''

Would be cool if she brought the dad with her as well (probably)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I kinda feel the same on your first point, but could you elaborate on the other two?
Yeah month old, but I just finished catching up with this thread.

Sorry

Making dumb decisions- This is about how he had been eliminating the candidates. He could've used the Vintage's Goddess Skull, but he didn't, because he ... didn't like it? Despite Kanon's life being in danger.

He could've had Haqua constantly put on the illusion that she was Elsie, and then walk around one of the girls and gauge their reaction, but he didn't.

How quickly he ruled out Yui in like 2 seconds, only to figure out he was wrong to do so.

How flimsy his bases for the theory about the Goddesses being around him.

etc.

Faux Arc- Basically, instead of making the search a continuous plot element that would be about revisiting the previous girls, and ultimately lead to the discovery of the 6 Goddesses, we now have an arc where we cut out the rest of the cast, focused on a select few for flimsy reasons in-universe to boot, and with the revelation of the Goddesses being sped up.

Now look, I enjoyed a lot of these chapters. I liked how we got back and saw the other girls. I liked how they are given further panel time I liked Keima's development, and how he had became more caring towards others. And I loved the Elise mini chapters (especially them) they were really sweet and nice and made Elise all the more likable, when she's not being called an idiot by Keima. All of that was great.

But that all came at the expense of Kanon being made a plot device, of Keima being hit with an Idiot Ball, and narrowing the search into limited selection. That I didn't like at all.
Old 2011-04-20, 08:04   Link #3866
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I want mother to come home early and discover her son has become a two-timing ladies man.

I predict mixed feelings.
How is it even two-timing? His foot is so big that he stepped on so many boats!

Though there is a high possibility that he ends up with Elsie......that would give his mom a heart attack. Incest FTW!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-20, 08:49   Link #3867
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Making dumb decisions- This is about how he had been eliminating the candidates. He could've used the Vintage's Goddess Skull, but he didn't, because he ... didn't like it? Despite Kanon's life being in danger.
He couldn't do that. The sensor only worked in short range and it didn't work at all when the goddesses were hiding... which they were because of Apollo's message when she was stabbed.

Quote:
He could've had Haqua constantly put on the illusion that she was Elsie, and then walk around one of the girls and gauge their reaction, but he didn't.
How does this differ in results from directly facing the girl's reaction? He also mentioned that finding them wasn't good enough at that point but that he had to simultaneously increase their affection, which he can only do by directly facing them

Quote:
How quickly he ruled out Yui in like 2 seconds, only to figure out he was wrong to do so.
He didn't just eliminate her directly but thought he had already found the goddesses based on their reactions. It certainly didn't help that Yui definitely didn't directly remember him, contradicting the information he had received (I suspect it's because of the whole body switch thing that it didn't work out as normal). Even acting as Elsie wouldn't have changed this.

Then he quickly re-added her to his short-list instead of trying to shoe-horn his own theory in.

Quote:
How flimsy his bases for the theory about the Goddesses being around him.
Besides being a joke in the line of TWGOK in general (the world revolves around the protagonist in galgames), he wasn't wrong. You could call this anthropic principle but that's the entire point of TWGOK where stuff that like that works in that world when it shouldn't in real life.

Quote:
of Keima being hit with an Idiot Ball
Which hasn't been proven. You seem to be trying to fit your own theory at the expense of details that were provided.

Last edited by ChronoReverse; 2011-04-20 at 11:25.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 21:55   Link #3868
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Spoiler for This Chapter...:
Old 2011-04-21, 22:55   Link #3869
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Polygamy FTW.

Even if it was all acting, 139 should prove beyond any reasonable doubt that Keima is one DAAAAAAAAAMN smooth operator, so much so that he can change the girl's views on sharing by mere words alone.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 13:56   Link #3870
mechdra

140: Yui conquest begins
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 19:52   Link #3871
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
140: Yui conquest begins
Someone get Shiori out of the way.

Old 2011-04-24, 04:11   Link #3872
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Someone get Shiori out of the way.
Shiori! It's Yaoi time!

-Shiori rushes with glee with her notebook-
Old 2011-04-24, 14:28   Link #3873
Shadow5YA

Wait... did Keima just assume Yui has a goddess now just because he thinks she is acting oddly?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 20:36   Link #3874
mechdra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Wait... did Keima just assume Yui has a goddess now just because he thinks she is acting oddly?
That is what he think. He said that Yui is in goddess mode now and approach him like how Diana approach him. He is concern with Yui's safety and he needs to resolve this before others. This arc will be interesting because Keima is acting like a heroine but not a girl but yet still feels like a girl at times.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 23:52   Link #3875
D-Gold
Aurum

I have a feeling there is going to be Keima cross-dressing soon.

And don't worry SaintessHeart. As long as a event doesn't happen in or near the library Shiori should be safe.(hopefully)
Old 2011-04-25, 00:39   Link #3876
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The thing is that, what if Keima's capture is foiled and a reverse capture happens instead?

Old 2011-04-25, 03:15   Link #3877
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

A reverse capture is what he is aiming for with Yui isn't it? Come to think of it, Tsukiyo finished her own capture and got a great power up. Maybe Yui's own desire to chase him will convert into stronger love points.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 03:32   Link #3878
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
A reverse capture is what he is aiming for with Yui isn't it? Come to think of it, Tsukiyo finished her own capture and got a great power up. Maybe Yui's own desire to chase him will convert into stronger love points.
Though it might finish up with a physical love session in the library that leaves Keima mentally scarred for life.

And Shiori severely defiled in her mind that she will never look at romantic love the same way again.

Old 2011-04-25, 15:29   Link #3879
konart

Yui! Yui! Yui!

Finally... reverse conquest
Old 2011-04-26, 02:18   Link #3880
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
How is it even two-timing? His foot is so big that he stepped on so many boats!

Though there is a high possibility that he ends up with Elsie......that would give his mom a heart attack. Incest FTW!
Tsk Tsk Tsk It has to pass these categories.

Blood
Memories
Wonichan
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen