AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 34 43.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-27, 03:00   Link #121
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This reversal ability is a pain in the ass speculation-wise; for example how do you know its his words thats been reversed and not his actions that is reversed in that scene? Heck we dont really if theres even a reversal at all, for all we know he could have just gone off the deep end already.
Not really. He acted pretty okay with her in episode 5-6 (and with Amata too), before he got Mykagetrolled, of course.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-03-27, 03:25   Link #122
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Not really. He acted pretty okay with her in episode 5-6 (and with Amata too), before he got Mykagetrolled, of course.
Thats what Im saying, for all we know he's damaged goods now

But lets say there is a reversal, why does it not affect everything else he does or say? For that matter, whats the point of reversing his speech at that moment only?
Old 2012-03-27, 04:34   Link #123
Zuul

Quote:
This reversal ability is a pain in the ass speculation-wise; for example how do you know its his words thats been reversed and not his actions that is reversed in that scene? Heck we dont really if theres even a reversal at all, for all we know he could have just gone off the deep end already.
Because it's what makes sense.
Know-it-all Mykage also very stated very clearly more than once that it's love that is at work here.

And also Shrade did have a pretty positive opinion of Kagura's tones. He isn't the complete monster you want him to be.

Also notice that his reverse speech is only for Mikono, for I don't think his intentions were to buttfuck Amata instead of killing him.

The reverse speech pattern has been here since episode 01-02. I don't think Kagura did turn more fucked up in the head as he previously was. He is just more motivated than ever.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-27 at 04:47.
Old 2012-03-27, 04:53   Link #124
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Kagura should have reversed time, back to when he was twirling around with his Kuso Onna, and take off before Amata had the chance to react.

Then again, he probably wasn't thinking straight when Amata flew in.

"HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY SILVIE FROM ME! I'LL HOLD YOU IN MY ARMS!!! (I'LL CRUSH YOU)"
Old 2012-03-27, 05:20   Link #125
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Well, I guess that's just a taste of what the end is gonna be like. Really don't think it's gonna be happy at all.

What's revealing though is Kagura's 'reverse' power. Kinda makes you wonder if he means exactly the opposite to Mikono when he speaks. When he says...

You stink - You smell good
I wanna crush you with my arms - I wanna caress you
I hate you - I love you
I wanna kill you - I wanna make love to you
and for amata "you don't have a smell" means "you stink a lot"
Old 2012-03-27, 05:27   Link #126
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Because it's what makes sense.
Know-it-all Mykage also very stated very clearly more than once that it's love that is at work here.

And also Shrade did have a pretty positive opinion of Kagura's tones. He isn't the complete monster you want him to be.

Also notice that his reverse speech is only for Mikono, for I don't think his intentions were to buttfuck Amata instead of killing him.

The reverse speech pattern has been here since episode 01-02. I don't think Kagura did turn more fucked up in the head as he previously was. He is just more motivated than ever.
Thats the point Im trying to make, why does his apparent reversal speech only applies to Mikono and not everything else? That doesn't add up at all. Plus doesn't his reversal power shows a tell tale sign of glowing red. So again, how do we know its his reversal power at work and not that he's gone cukoo? Actually even if he had gone cukoo, it doesnt explain why it still only applies to Mikono when he can clearly speak his mind freely in everything else.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:31   Link #127
Zuul

Quote:
Thats the point Im trying to make, why does his apparent reversal speech only applies to Mikono? That doesn't add up at all. Plus doesn't his reversal power shows a tell tale sign of glowing red. So again, how do we know its his reversal power at work and not that he's gone cukoo? Actually even if he had gone cukoo, it doesnt explain why it still only applies to Mikono.
His reversal power are due to him being nuts according to me.

Not the contrary.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:47   Link #128
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Just dropping by to ask a slight question: am I the only one who was slightly disgusted or afraid at Kagura's words to Mikono in this episode?

I felt they went way over the top. I don't know if his words always have double meanings but none of the ancestors spoke like that towards each other. And if it's possible, Mikono is even more scared of Kagura now. Thank goodness for Amata being alert and slightly smart. However, the reversal piece on his wings caught me off-guard.
Old 2012-03-27, 05:57   Link #129
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Just dropping by to ask a slight question: am I the only one who was slightly disgusted or afraid at Kagura's words to Mikono in this episode?

I felt they went way over the top. I don't know if his words always have double meanings but none of the ancestors spoke like that towards each other. And if it's possible, Mikono is even more scared of Kagura now. Thank goodness for Amata being alert and slightly smart. However, the reversal piece on his wings caught me off-guard.
I love it. It was really unique and funny. I found it adorable in afucked up way.

And he looks so happy. It was quite cute.

But I can see why Mikono was scared.

Poor Kagura who cannot convey his feelings in a proper manner.

It could have been worse. Be happy he didn't sniff her butts.
Old 2012-03-27, 06:31   Link #130
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well I wouldn't go so far as to say 'disgusted or afraid', but what I did felt was extreme awkwardness watching it

Hmm that's not completely true, I was slightly afraid and uncomfortable but it's for another more subjective reason.

But if there's one thing I'll agree with Zuul, at least he didn't sniff her butt >.> That spot was reserved by Amata since episode three... Kidding kidding...
Old 2012-03-27, 07:21   Link #131
pingva

Quote:

It was fine. He was happy, telling how much he loves her, even trying to kiss her. He always is over the top and that's why he scares normal people.
Old 2012-03-27, 08:14   Link #132
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
no matter where you go Jin, you're always in our hearts *salutes*
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-03-27, 08:28   Link #133
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
well, we had an unexpected couple that stole the scene from the leads...
Old 2012-03-27, 08:59   Link #134
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I love it. It was really unique and funny. I found it adorable in afucked up way.

And he looks so happy. It was quite cute.

But I can see why Mikono was scared.

Poor Kagura who cannot convey his feelings in a proper manner.

It could have been worse. Be happy he didn't sniff her butts.
I agree on the funny part. It was adorable. But it was really fucked up too, at least what he was saying whilst doing it. I pity Mikono in that situation. He should've really come out and stated his true feelings, instead, he scared her even more because he said he would kill her. What is she supposed to think? She acted rationally at least.

Quote:
Well I wouldn't go so far as to say 'disgusted or afraid', but what I did felt was extreme awkwardness watching it

Hmm that's not completely true, I was slightly afraid and uncomfortable but it's for another more subjective reason.

But if there's one thing I'll agree with Zuul, at least he didn't sniff her butt >.> That spot was reserved by Amata since episode three... Kidding kidding...
Maybe I needed a better term for my own feelings but I don't feel like finding my dictionary in my messy room right now...

Yes, awkward better describes it. My best friend was looking over my shoulder and I could swear I saw an anime sweatdrop on her forehead.

I will say that poor Mikono had no idea what was going on. In the beginning, she said "I felt like he cared about me." I doubt she feels that anymore unless she subconsciously understood his words. It seems that Zessica wasn't willing for her to find out. Then again, she shot Kagura to protect Amata and not Mikono. That was just a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
It was fine. He was happy, telling how much he loves her, even trying to kiss her. He always is over the top and that's why he scares normal people.
No, you misinterpret the scene, and everyone else did not. He literally said he hated her, would kill her, and the scene you refer to as a near-kiss looks similar to when he sniffed her just episodes before. If it wasn't for Amata, Mikono probably would've gone insane, as she apparently didn't get the "double meaning" you did. That's if there is a double meaning.

He's still kinda on Mykage mindfuck right now.
Old 2012-03-27, 09:25   Link #135
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Trolling on the left, trolling on the right. So much goddamn trolling!!

What an episode. So much ham, cheese, action, romance trolling, attempted NTR, character death. And it's all intentional. Kinda reminds me of enthusiasm I had for TTGL tbh . Ah Kawamori/Okada... you really know how to deliberately play your audience

Such a fun episode. 9/10.
Old 2012-03-27, 09:29   Link #136
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
and for amata "you don't have a smell" means "you stink a lot"
So it was:

"You smell to much. Therefore you must live!" *points shiny finger at Amata's heart* "I'm going to make your blood flow normally so that you can be very healthy!"

Quote:
Thats the point Im trying to make, why does his apparent reversal speech only applies to Mikono and not everything else? That doesn't add up at all. Plus doesn't his reversal power shows a tell tale sign of glowing red. So again, how do we know its his reversal power at work and not that he's gone cukoo? Actually even if he had gone cukoo, it doesnt explain why it still only applies to Mikono when he can clearly speak his mind freely in everything else.
It is a definitive pattern though, otherwise the rest of his speech patterns literally make no sense if reversed (see above), but his speech to Mikono also makes no sense (when paired with his actions) if not reversed. Now, why is this happening? I'd probably throw my money on the fact that the thing that drives him is her, it *stirs him up*... you know, like how Amata's elemental powers activate when he has a boner.

Kagura speaks backwards when he has a boner, is basically what I'm saying.
Old 2012-03-27, 09:36   Link #137
Zuul

Quote:

No, you misinterpret the scene, and everyone else did not. He literally said he hated her, would kill her, and the scene you refer to as a near-kiss looks similar to when he sniffed her just episodes before. If it wasn't for Amata, Mikono probably would've gone insane, as she apparently didn't get the "double meaning" you did. That's if there is a double meaning.

He's still kinda on Mykage mindfuck right now.
There is no double meaning. Kagura's reverse speech has been here from the very beginning. It wasn't as blatant because all he said was ore no kuso onna. He reverse speech pattern since to concern his feelings for Mikono alone. He was nuts and weird from the start.

Amata clearly consideres Kagura a love rival. When Andy told him than someone could steal away Mikono if he didn't act, his first thoughs were for Kagura. One can also feel some faint jelly vibes coming from him on that matter.
Old 2012-03-27, 09:45   Link #138
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
It is a definitive pattern though, otherwise the rest of his speech patterns literally make no sense if reversed (see above), but his speech to Mikono also makes no sense (when paired with his actions) if not reversed. Now, why is this happening? I'd probably throw my money on the fact that the thing that drives him is her, it *stirs him up*... you know, like how Amata's elemental powers activate when he has a boner.

Kagura speaks backwards when he has a boner, is basically what I'm saying.
But even, EVEN if it's true, wouldn't there be the tell-tale sign of glowing red ? When everybody use or gets affected by their powers they're always signs like for example Amata glowing yellow (or was it orange?)
Old 2012-03-27, 10:04   Link #139
Zuul

Quote:
But even, EVEN if it's true, wouldn't there be the tell-tale sign of glowing red ? When everybody use or gets affected by their powers they're always signs like for example Amata glowing yellow (or was it orange?)
Well Zessica didn't glow when she wrecked that pole out of jelly.
Old 2012-03-27, 10:13   Link #140
miketyson

This reversal power is going to be hilarious from now on. What's the true reversal of "Ore no kuso onna"?

=> "My (Kagura's) fair-smelling damsel?" (Mikono)
=> "My (Kagura's) odorless man?" (Amata, )
=> "Your (Amata's) fair-smelling damsel?" ()

...there are more possibilities, too, but I'll stop there. I think Vena's probably onto something with the "when Kagura gets excited he says the reverse", but unless we get clarification on its rules Kagura's power is enough to let everyone see what they want to see, .

I also think there's something going on with Amata manifesting angel wings when his powers go into overdrive and Kagura reverting to a beast when his powers go into overdrive. Particularly: perhaps flight isn't *really* Amata's power, the way "beast mode" wasn't Kagura's true power?

Anything more than that should go into speculation I guess, I'm starting to miss having that one giant thread now.

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-03-27 at 10:13. Reason: fixed grammar
Closed Thread