AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-28, 11:36   Link #41
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
He's ignorant of other people's feelings because he's used to not expect much from other people's opinions on himself.

Not liking to be judged so callously, he treats other people the way he wishes others would treat him.

Still, he has no high hopes of people thinking highly of him.

O_o

She beats him as she were some redneck thug with a wifebeater shirt and talks down to him constantly.

If Ryuuji is going to be growing his self-esteem, then he'd cut her off from his charity and demand no more abuse.

The person he rebukes constantly is Ami.
I think that the way Taiga treats him will likely change very soon, judging by the last anime episode (I have not read the manga or novel). I don't think her personality would let her be sweet & tender to him all the time, but She should start leaning more in that direction. She is the most comfortable around him, so if she can open up to anyone and stop hiding her disconfort and not understanding herself behind her violet outbursts, there should be some progress there. Ryuuji probably wont understand it himself until someone hits him in the head with it, he is pretty dense, even when it comes to knowing his own heart.
Old 2008-11-28, 23:53   Link #42
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
The closer she felt to someone, the more barriers and denials she will put up. She is complicated character, not a simple lovey dovey girl.
Old 2008-11-29, 02:22   Link #43
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I have the craziest feeling like, the show could end in a very dark Higurashi/School Days manner.

It came upon me because Ryuuji's love for Minori feels very similar to that structure of Shion and Satoshi. Ryuuji for a long period of time was a nice guy, but people were frightened by him or stayed away from him because of his eyes. With the exception of Minori and Yuusaku. In cases where people are very devoid of friendship, they will usually fall in love with someone who shows interest in them.

Now consider that his love-life is rather sketchy. He does have to look over Taiga and she has trouble talking to him due to her Tsundere-like nature. Minori seems to acknowledge the whole relationship between the two, and despite Ryuuji's love, doesn't want to interfere with Taiga's feelings. Following this, we have Ami who may or may not show feelings for Ryuuji, but nonetheless she causes constant conflict with Taiga that usually Ryuuji will have to endure or deal with.

Considering his family, the way he lives, and school, for some reason I can see things turning very sour if something slipped up.

But that's just my crazy theory. :X
Old 2008-11-29, 03:28   Link #44
Tiran86

I liked School Days' ending, but in the context of School Days, with the School Days cast.

Seeing this anime, where I love all the characters, end in that kind of tragedy, would severely piss me off, unless it was extremely well done.
Old 2008-11-29, 04:10   Link #45
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Toradora? Ending like School days? Oh lol! I can't imagine them doing that since the anime is too colorful and funny. It's a light anime and I don't expect them killing each other or even having sex in the series.
Old 2008-11-29, 08:35   Link #46
typhonsentra

To be fair, part of the appeal of School Days was that it started pretty light and cute too. It didn't start devolving into madness until.... episode 3 or 4?
Old 2008-11-29, 09:47   Link #47
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
To be fair, part of the appeal of School Days was that it started pretty light and cute too. It didn't start devolving into madness until.... episode 3 or 4?
Yeah that. But the colors are totally different. The hair colors were more realistic compared to Toradora. It's COLORFUL! and the Opening of Toradora..I can't imagine them killing each other with THAT opening in mind~
Old 2008-11-29, 11:23   Link #48
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
and the Opening of Toradora..I can't imagine them killing each other with THAT opening in mind~
Really? And you could imagine anyone would be killed going by the opening of School Days? I mean, if I wasn't spoiled about the ending beforehand, I wouldn't have guessed, either.

Old 2008-11-29, 11:35   Link #49
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I still don't understand why Ryuuji likes Minori... most of the time he seems more weirded out by her than infatuated.
Old 2008-11-29, 12:35   Link #50
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Thats because she is nice I guess... Like there is no real reason for Harima to like Tenma from school rumble just but he does because she is nice, genky and idiotic...
Old 2008-11-29, 14:42   Link #51
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
I have the craziest feeling like, the show could end in a very dark Higurashi/School Days manner.
That's an interesting possibilty. In fact almost any of the characters could plausibly do a Mion and butcher everyone, Ami is the obvious one, but also Taiga, Minori, Ryuuji... it would be quite entertaining if the series ended in a bloodbath in which everyone is killed... (I mean that in the best possible way of course).

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-11-29, 21:43   Link #52
Caster13
=^_^=

I'd rather not see ToraDora! end like Hamlet! >_>
Old 2008-11-30, 04:21   Link #53
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

TORADORA IS TOO COLORFUL TO END UP LIKE SCHOOL DAYS! It doesn't even have sex in it.
Old 2008-11-30, 04:49   Link #54
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
TORADORA IS TOO COLORFUL TO END UP LIKE SCHOOL DAYS! It doesn't even have sex in it.
I said Higurashi as well. That doesn't have sex but is even bloodier. I just have that feeling because Ryuuji has to go through a lot, and all of the characters admittedly have big flaws. Ryuuji is just the biggest out of all of them because he's stuck in the middle of three girls.

If anything, you could relate this to his obsession with cleaning. You all ever notice how he gets that crazy grin whenever he cleans, trying to get mold out of tile or scrubbing the floor? That could be him channeling out something.

Spoiler for Spoiler, Novel 9 Question:
Old 2008-11-30, 10:02   Link #55
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukerjsr View Post
i said higurashi as well. That doesn't have sex but is even bloodier. I just have that feeling because ryuuji has to go through a lot, and all of the characters admittedly have big flaws. Ryuuji is just the biggest out of all of them because he's stuck in the middle of three girls.

If anything, you could relate this to his obsession with cleaning. You all ever notice how he gets that crazy grin whenever he cleans, trying to get mold out of tile or scrubbing the floor? That could be him channeling out something.

Spoiler for spoiler, novel 9 question:
omg! Ryuuji might kill ami with a mop!

( and I freakin' saw the spoiler because I quoted you. It's time for me to bang my head in the wall again. )
Old 2008-11-30, 23:13   Link #56
TwinRivers

Spring_sakura111:
Quote:
omg! Ryuuji might kill ami with a mop!
O_O... if the story were to end like school days, mass bloodshed with a mop would be the way to go. At least it would be somewhat entertaining...

Seriously though, an ending for Toradora to be the same kind as School Days? What if it actually was true and some character ended up being killed or going to jail how would the fanbase feel about that? Personally id be pissed off. Ive had way to many dissapointments with endings lately... (school rumble yo?)
Old 2008-12-01, 00:57   Link #57
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It is such an absurd idea and so out of kilter with the atmosphere ... basically it would guarantee no purchase from me. But the tone of the series would have to change so drastically that I don't see any reason to even entertain it.
Old 2008-12-01, 13:59   Link #58
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
All of this speculation about it ending bloody is pointless and its starting to annoy quite a few people. There is no way this series will end that way so please keep this on topic.
Old 2008-12-01, 14:19   Link #59
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

There's no way Toradora could end up like School Days, simply because the characters are actually likeable. With the exception of Kotonoha (who, until she went off the deep end, I just wanted to hug and tell her it's all gonna work out ok), I felt the characters were utter gits who all deserved a good kicking, let alone what actually happened to some of them (still kinda annoyed that most lived ). Toradora, however, has some genuinely touching moments (kicking the lamp post, the two confessions, stomping the camera, sewing the breast pad yadda yadda). It ending in bloodshed would be completely nuts.

As for Higurashi, only Kitamura has shown a crazy laugh so far, so unless the rest break out the manaical laughter soon, probably not.
Old 2008-12-01, 14:23   Link #60
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

I'm just saying how it isn't completely impossible, especially since part of the appeal of Toradora! is with the naturally flawed characters. But if you don't want to talk about it, I'm not going to stop you.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters