AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-16, 17:28   Link #281
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 6. Wow! MakoPi is Coming to my House!?

I came really late, but still in time before this week's episode starts airing.

I got to say that the serialization from episode to episode keeps getting better and better. The drama was nicely focused on Makoto recalling her memories about why she loved singing for that person with so much enthusiasm and spirit; the loss of that person and continued obsession to search for that person cause the shining within Makotos' singing to fade.

But, it was thanks to the interaction with Mana and co., that she experienced how it felt to live a normal live and doing things one loves with all heart, that she recovered her light.

Now, the only bad thing I have to say about the sixth episode was that making a Jikochuu out of a cameraman that was filming Makoto's segment at Mana's in no way made sense to me.
It would have made sense had it been a jealous, rival chef or hungry customer not wanting to wait until the filming would be over.
I guess that as for the rival chef story the writers would be pulling out on that one for a later episode.

But, everything else about the fight was gorgeous, and I pretty much enjoyed the Pig Jikochuu since it only cared about overeating rather than fighting, which made the whole ruckus not a real fight but a comedy episode.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 17:47   Link #282
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Now, the only bad thing I have to say about the sixth episode was that making a Jikochuu out of a cameraman that was filming Makoto's segment at Mana's in no way made sense to me.
It would have made sense had it been a jealous, rival chef or hungry customer not wanting to wait until the filming would be over.
I guess that as for the rival chef story the writers would be pulling out on that one for a later episode.

But, everything else about the fight was gorgeous, and I pretty much enjoyed the Pig Jikochuu since it only cared about overeating rather than fighting, which made the whole ruckus not a real fight but a comedy episode.
It wasn't a cooking competition, and the store was probably closed that day. I think it's fair to assume that the pawns aren't going to be anyone significant, since the villains just target whoever has a half-hearted selfish thought. It's not like Heartcatch where the villains take advantage of people's actual worries. The targets so far have had minor issues like "I wish I could cut the line" or "I wish there wasn't a street-light there". Jealous idol girl was about the closest to breaking the norm but even she's like "Oh nevermind, she's much better than me."
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 17:59   Link #283
elior

half hour left before episode 7 with the intese battle in the title i hope it will be big battle
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 19:02   Link #284
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
It wasn't a cooking competition, and the store was probably closed that day.
I Never meant a cooking competition. All I said was stating a different scenario, which could possibly be used as a singular and minor plot for a later episode; another chef feeling envious towards the success that Mana's father gets but gets healed and flush those worries as quickly as they come.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 19:55   Link #285
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Episode 7 is awesome! Dat fighting royal princess, dat Mana's laugh! Also, new eyecatch
Old 2013-03-16, 20:41   Link #286
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Ondul! Precure 07 - ERIBENZU:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 21:11   Link #287
YourIdeas

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Old 2013-03-17, 08:23   Link #288
Jimmy C

Was watching the Precure All Stars movie's ending dance and it struck me that green is the rarest color among Precures. There's like only 2 of them, ever. Is that so?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 12:16   Link #289
pezzie

This series may be inferior to Smile Precure in terms of character design and animation quality, but it's already a lot more interesting.

Smile had a pretty terrible story in the end. This one is kind of bad ass.
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 12:21   Link #290
Midonin
Last Engage

Doki Doki will never have Yayoi, and Yayoi is my favorite Cure ever. Ultimately, I'd say that characters are more important than story, and in that regard, Smile and Doki Doki stand about equal. Though I can appreciate a more serialized plot, too.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 14:18   Link #291
U<3Anime
Boo!

Yayoi is very cute indeed but just herself wasn't enough to save the show for me sadly.
Old 2013-03-17, 17:46   Link #292
YourIdeas

I feel like Slime tried putting everything into Yayoi and Reika, who had more interesting and quality episodes. Miyuki isn't anything special character-wise, and Nao and Akane got far less focus and just felt like similar characters as a result.

So far, Doki's been balanced pretty well. Rikka's the only character that feels similar to previous Cures, but she's got Mana as a foil, which helps her stand out. I don't feel like any one character is ever getting less focus and for once, I've got no real issues with the lead Cure.

Basically, while Smile does have Yayoi, Doki's has its entire Cure cast, at least for now.
Old 2013-03-17, 18:52   Link #293
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

Quote:
I feel like Slime
You did that on purpose, right?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 00:29   Link #294
YourIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
You did that on purpose, right?
Uhh.... >_>
Old 2013-03-18, 07:38   Link #295
Laevatein

Really enjoying this so far. If they manage to consistently keep the show at or near the level of the early episodes, it will be the best series since Heartcatch.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 08:26   Link #296
4Tran

Episode 7

Back story time! We learn all about the Trump Kingdom, and the whole setup with the Selfish King's invasion. Not a whole lot actually happens this episode, but we do get some pretty nice animation, a good fight scene, and one of the better good queens in Precure.

The bit with Mana laughing and the queen using her spear/staff was pretty good. But what really struck me was how many Sailor Moon elements were in the episode, even beyond the regular ones that all Precures have - there's the mirror motif from Nehellenia, Search For Your Love, and lots of Sailor Moon 44 in general.

Anyways, it's good episode, and I hope that there's more of this quality. I just hope that that baby thing doesn't turn out to be the queen (which would also be Sailor Moon-ish).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Episode 7 is awesome! Dat fighting royal princess, dat Mana's laugh! Also, new eyecatch
The eyecatch pose looks a lot better than the one in the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Was watching the Precure All Stars movie's ending dance and it struck me that green is the rarest color among Precures. There's like only 2 of them, ever. Is that so?
I'm pretty sure that black is the rarest color.

Quote:
So far, Doki's been balanced pretty well. Rikka's the only character that feels similar to previous Cures, but she's got Mana as a foil, which helps her stand out. I don't feel like any one character is ever getting less focus and for once, I've got no real issues with the lead Cure.
Mana has had only the one good showing so far, and Rikka hasn't really had anything to do since her intro episode. The art and animation has been pretty inconsistent at times. Even without looking at other Precure shows, Dokidoki still has quite a ways to go to being good. More episodes like this one would be a promising step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep7:
It's an almost-mirror of Sailor Mars' pose.
Old 2013-03-18, 09:50   Link #297
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 7:

So this time it's a princess and not a queen who is the leader of the kingdom to be saved. And Cure Sword is her close friend. Rather interesting story.

Mana and her two friends finally succeed in befriending Makoto in this episode - group is now complete. Well, Mana would probably be enjoying the fact that a famous idol would be visiting her place from now on.

Looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 10:21   Link #298
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Nabatame Hitomi playing an adorable and upbeat Nice Girl (Mana), okay, nothing out of the blue.

But next week we get to see her evolve into playing a gentle, nurturing and maternal character. Boy the world has gone topsy-turvey!! She has come a LONG way since Kanu of Ikkitousen, she has.

Mana's counter-Evil-Laugh was priceless. Easily the coolest part of the episode.
Old 2013-03-18, 10:42   Link #299
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

I liked the fact that Mana used her brain. Surprising how she was the only one who realized that the bad guys can travel from one place to the other, so the mirror can't be the only way. I was thinking about it just before she started her evil laugh. I'm proud of her, for now she is a very capable leader.
Old 2013-03-18, 13:15   Link #300
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I just noticed that the BGM is episode 7 is really good. Especially during Mana's laugh and the final part at the end of the episode.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, magical girl