AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-19, 17:37   Link #2061
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Because a single noble can really fuck the world up.

Sorry, I find that to be entirely incredulous.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 17:46   Link #2062
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Because a single noble can really fuck the world up.

Sorry, I find that to be entirely incredulous.
A single person changed the entire world.

To say one person can't fuck up the world is ludicrous if you watched the show.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 17:49   Link #2063
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Fixing something is a hell of a lot more difficult than breaking it.
Old 2008-10-19, 17:55   Link #2064
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Yes, the person who changed the world was a kid with supernatural powers, who had the ability to garner himself an army, had an incredible amount of charisma and an abnormal strategic acumen, and who Geassed the gods into keeping humanity alive as individuals. The worst case here is a bunch of lowly terrorists or a snotty noble who's unhappy that war's not being mongered.
Old 2008-10-19, 18:02   Link #2065
Used Can

Ōkouchi himself said Lelouch's actions hadn't brought eternal peace, and even less a perfect world. Even so, I do not think there'll be any major disturbances in the world in the near future (i.e. after the end of Code Geass).

Regarding the possibility of someone showing up and using Geass for his own benefit, I think it'd be really low. We'd have to assume there are more Code users, and nothing like that was ever mentioned (I'm not saying their existence would contradict anything that was said in the series, by the way). Additionally, if we assume V.V.'s Code disappeared in the World of C, then the only Code that'd remain would be C.C.'s, and I do not believe she'll do anything to endanger the world Lelouch fought too hard to protect. Moreover, personally, I do not think she'll be making contracts again.
Old 2008-10-19, 18:08   Link #2066
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Lloyd said himself that war is the mother of inventions
there is also good money to be made from it
and men who would otherwise spend their lives doing meaningless work can rise to extraordinery positions of power during them (lelouch did)
there is very good reasons for kicking off a war once more for the right people
Old 2008-10-19, 18:18   Link #2067
Dream_Traveller
Banned

War profiteers can quickly be put down.
Old 2008-10-19, 18:24   Link #2068
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Dude, it took a genius kid w/ freaky supernatural powers to start one rebellion. According to you that's ludicrous, yet it is the premise the show started with. Every era will have it's malcontents, it's cast offs, it's people that profit on others misery. It would only take another genius w/ Geass powers to kick start something else. It's not like Nunnally and Suzaku and Kallen, et. al. can keep an eye on everything. It's really not that inconceivible. It's not like everyone in Britannia is magically going to be not racist all of a sudden. It's not like the differences in the UFN will not start to show up again now that the major threat is gone. There are ALOT of places where things can break down; it's not that hard to see.
Old 2008-10-19, 18:30   Link #2069
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Ōkouchi himself said Lelouch's actions hadn't brought eternal peace, and even less a perfect world. Even so, I do not think there'll be any major disturbances in the world in the near future (i.e. after the end of Code Geass).

Regarding the possibility of someone showing up and using Geass for his own benefit, I think it'd be really low. We'd have to assume there are more Code users, and nothing like that was ever mentioned (I'm not saying their existence would contradict anything that was said in the series, by the way). Additionally, if we assume V.V.'s Code disappeared in the World of C, then the only Code that'd remain would be C.C.'s, and I do not believe she'll do anything to endanger the world Lelouch fought too hard to protect. Moreover, personally, I do not think she'll be making contracts again.
That's plausible. We just don't know enough about Geass though.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 18:30   Link #2070
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Britannia's racism was only a problem because Charles was at the helm. With all the Areas now independent, that isn't a problem, and with more than 10 million of their people dead, Britannia may have learned a lesson from war. The atomic bomb, in real life, which is the FLEIA's equivalent, is one of the sole reasons why a war like WWII hasn't erupted- because the atomic bombs were fucking monstrous weapons, and no-one in their right mind would want another Hiroshima/Nagasaki disaster.

And that's your answer? Having a kid with Geass step in to screw things up? Let's see...

* Cult's dead.

* V.V.'s dead.

* No evidence of any other contractors aside from C.C. and V.V., who more than likely gave Bismarck his Geass before you bring that up.

* I think it was stated officially that, after the deaths of V.V. and Charles, the only one with a Code was C.C. There goes the kid with Geass scenario.

And the UFN seems pretty damn united to me. I'm glad it didn't go rushing in to pick up Britannian scraps like many thought it would.
Old 2008-10-19, 18:41   Link #2071
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

but there were others (in C.C's memory) with code
whos to say there arent still more then just two (not like they can die)
Old 2008-10-19, 18:42   Link #2072
Dream_Traveller
Banned

If you're talking about that group of people with Geass sigils on their heads, they look either incredibly ceremonial or equally ancient due to their dress code. I'd say most of them are dead, if not all.
Old 2008-10-19, 18:58   Link #2073
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
If you're talking about that group of people with Geass sigils on their heads, they look either incredibly ceremonial or equally ancient due to their dress code. I'd say most of them are dead, if not all.
who would they die ?
or more to the point how would their code
Old 2008-10-19, 18:59   Link #2074
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I think he's suggesting that the symbol is painted on as part of their faith. Religious symbolism rather than metaphysical tattoo.
Old 2008-10-19, 19:44   Link #2075
Charred Knight

1. While it was never stated that their was more code users, it was never stated that V.V and C.C where the last code user.
2. The world's peace is fragile (a group of dissidents from several countries can join together to fight Suzaku and Kallen)
3. MSG got two tv series sequels, a movie sequel and several spinoff OVAs, I think Oukochi and Taniguchi can make a sequel
4. Considering how poor the character development was for the supporting cast they have a ton of potential to grow
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:11   Link #2076
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Oh, wow, dissidents. It'll be a world record for how quickly the SEITEN can mop the floor with people.

Oh, and not every character needs a backstory rivalling characters in novels or something, you know.
Old 2008-10-19, 20:22   Link #2077
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Oh, wow, dissidents. It'll be a world record for how quickly the SEITEN can mop the floor with people.

Oh, and not every character needs a backstory rivalling characters in novels or something, you know.
Anyone that would try to bring an end to peace (at least anyone that would be smart enough to actually succeed) would know they need KMFs on par w/ the Albion and the SEITEN. We're talking about a major insurrection w/ a diaboloical mastermind here. To be certain, minor breaches of peace would be put down quickly, just like Britannia was doing to the Japanese before Lelouch showed up.
Old 2008-10-19, 20:25   Link #2078
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well good freakin' luck. 9th gen KMF tech isn't available to anyone except Kallen, Lloyd and Cecile. But, hey, if they want to take on Britannia with cheap imitations, go ahead- they'd only be walking into a slaughter.
Old 2008-10-19, 20:31   Link #2079
shinigami99

There was no mention that all the code users were killed, there were also no indication that all the geass users were killed. Even with a 9th generation KMF, someone with a geass like Rolo's can easily destroy albion/seiten with no sweat even with an outdated KMF. So if a group of Geass users were to break the fragile peace that Lelouch left them, it is likely that they will at least be a challenge if not owning Kallen and Suzaku completely.
Its all up to Sunrise, and I personally believe that there is quite a bit of material to start a 3rd season, provided that Lelouch is alive.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 20:34   Link #2080
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Note that every Geass is unique, outstanding from each other in their own way. Rolo was the only one with the ability to stop time. Now you're grasping for straws. And anyway, what problem would Geass users have with peace? They're probably nomads, or isolationists. Why the hell should the state of the world bother them?