AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 18.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 16.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 16.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 52 22.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 9.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.90%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-28, 10:34   Link #221
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Nanaka's father didn't know that Nanaka was not his child for many years, which tells you everything you need to know.

Quite a preview of Sana and Nanaka's future...
10 years dating and courting? I think they know each other very well and the marriage should be a good one. I feel sorry for the teacher though, she must be 33-35 at least and still unmarried.

I put the blame of what happened to everyone in Nanaka's family for the selfish act of a dying man, If he was best friend with the guy he should have known him, but he didn't care, he didn't want to go to the grave with a guilty concience and didn't care about the people that were alive.
Old 2007-12-28, 11:02   Link #222
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well the other way to look at it is that he was seriously looking for forgiveness. But he shouldn't have waited until he faced death...pretty irresponsible to deny the guy of an ass kicked as payback which then led to him taking it out on the mother

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-28, 11:59   Link #223
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Wow, I really can't believe that this episode got 20 10/10s. That shows that there are still people new to anime out there.
Okay so people might have gotten the wrong message when I said this. All I'm saying is that there are personally some anime I've found to be excellent when I first watched anime and now I would find it average. I'm not judging anything, but since so many people told me "you need to watch better anime" when I praised some episodes of this anime, this is my way of intimating the same thing.
Old 2007-12-28, 12:00   Link #224
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well the other way to look at it is that he was seriously looking for forgiveness. But he shouldn't have waited until he faced death...pretty irresponsible to deny the guy of an ass kicked as payback which then led to him taking it out on the mother
Well if you believe in heaven and all that stuff I am sure he is sitting in hell right now. Trying to do the last one good act at the cost of the death of two other people and the traumatising of the child spawned from his loins can't be a good thing imho
Old 2007-12-28, 12:22   Link #225
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
One moment of weakness can cost you everything and an act of penace at the end is not enough to make up for almost a life of time of lying and decet. Honestly, if you believe in heaven and hell Nanaka's dad, her biological dad, and her mom are all in hell right now. The mom and Nanka's bio dad for adultry and her dad for murder. I have no sympathy for her bio dad he kept it a secret for all these years from his bestfriend instead of confessing. Granted he probably did not know Nanaka was his daughter even at the end but thats still no excuses.
Old 2007-12-28, 22:08   Link #226
ironbomb

Its not something you can do easily even if you are about to die though. He just couldnt hold it in anymore and it was never disclosed when he knew that Nanaka is his daugther. The wife had just as much blame as the guy who committed the act. NO way should all the blame be put on him. Considering they had sex before the marriage...why did she marry him in the first place if she had feelings for the violinist...
Old 2007-12-28, 22:25   Link #227
DanielSong39

My guess is that she had feelings for both of them and decided to "close her accounts" with the violinist before tying the knot.

It's safe to say that things didn't work out.
Old 2007-12-29, 00:05   Link #228
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
Considering they had sex before the marriage...why did she marry him in the first place if she had feelings for the violinist...
The world is a very different place nowadays, you don't need to be a virgin to qualify for marriage!
Old 2007-12-29, 01:12   Link #229
Akito

Well the best thing about this ending was
Spoiler for final ep spoiler:
Old 2007-12-29, 02:19   Link #230
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
The world is a very different place nowadays, you don't need to be a virgin to qualify for marriage!
Not what I was aiming to say. I do what to know why he married that guy when she clearly had feelings for the violinist. When he was confronting the wife, her reactions/expressions/words clearly show that she has STRONG feelings, more than the feelings she share with her current husband, for the violinist. Sex was just an example of the things she would do with him and maybe not with her husband before marriage, wasnt clearly stated or shown in the anime.
Old 2007-12-29, 02:56   Link #231
grey_moon

Quote:
Not what I was aiming to say. I do what to know why he married that guy when she clearly had feelings for the violinist. When he was confronting the wife, her reactions/expressions/words clearly show that she has STRONG feelings, more than the feelings she share with her current husband, for the violinist. Sex was just an example of the things she would do with him and maybe not with her husband before marriage, wasnt clearly stated or shown in the anime.
Woah there cowboy. When he was confronting her, she was on her back after copping one in the face. I think I know where her strong feelings come from!

Before that it is clearly shown that both her mum and dad liked the bio dad a lot.
Old 2007-12-29, 03:01   Link #232
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Woah there cowboy. When he was confronting her, she was on her back after copping one in the face. I think I know where her strong feelings come from!

Before that it is clearly shown that both her mum and dad liked the bio dad a lot.
Ofc they both would love the biological father...they knew each other since highschool and the wife would obviously love the real father to be around. I dont think she said such things because she got emotional at the time...The biological father was the fathers BEST FRIEND and the wifes xxx mate....why would they show any discomfort or signs of otherwise then?
Old 2007-12-29, 03:05   Link #233
grey_moon

Quote:
I dont think she said such things because she got emotional at the time...
I personally think she said a spiteful thing because she got hit. People do defend themselves when others hit them. I know there are those who might say "ooo thank you master for punching me in the head, I love you even more now", but I don't think Nanaka's mum is one of them.

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-12-29 at 03:26.
Old 2007-12-29, 08:31   Link #234
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I don't think thats the issue here. I think the point ironbomb is making is:
If she had strong enough feelings for the violinist to sleep with him before she married the other guy, why didn't she simply marry the violinist instead ? Or was she already involved with both, but ended up "choosing" one.
Old 2007-12-29, 08:36   Link #235
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
If she had strong enough feelings for the violinist to sleep with him before she married the other guy, why didn't she simply marry the violinist instead ? Or was she already involved with both, but ended up "choosing" one.
Curiosity? Second thoughts? many reasons people have affairs but don't abandon their boyfriends or girlfriends. One night stand are more about lust than love.
Old 2007-12-29, 09:17   Link #236
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I say it was a one night stand accident, close to the wedding. Drinks + no protection = voila accident. She didn't feel like aborting which is natural because some are less willing to take life compared to others.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-29, 10:44   Link #237
Saleh
Inactive

M; Y stayed true to its tradition of ****ing off a lot of viwers until the end.

Quote:
There could have been a lot of things that were holding her back but since it ended we will never know. It may have been 1 night stand like you said. She may have chosen Tsumuhiko (a rich guy) over her love (Sakuraba,the poor violinist) for her own welfare. It could have been that both Sakuraba and Nanae were aware of his cancer condition during high school and decided to go seprate ways. Since Tsumuhiko was obsessed over Nanae-san there is a possibility that Nanae's marriage was arranged marriage/one-sided marriage.

Tsumuhiko's personality resembles Yanagi Shin-ichirou a bit (canvas 2) but since Yanagi wasn't able to win over kiri by any means and repented over his past mistakes he was far better than Tsumohiko. Sakuraba was ... all I can say about him now is that he was an idiot.

Last edited by Saleh; 2007-12-29 at 11:00.
Old 2007-12-29, 12:35   Link #238
ironbomb

Quote:
ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Curiosity? Second thoughts? many reasons people have affairs but don't abandon their boyfriends or girlfriends. One night stand are more about lust than love.
True but one night stand doesnt involve a close intimate friend to both parties...that is just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I say it was a one night stand accident, close to the wedding. Drinks + no protection = voila accident. She didn't feel like aborting which is natural because some are less willing to take life compared to others.
I am not sure about the abortion, seems like she couldnt let go of the only thing she has with the violinist...We werent given much detail about there past, open to major speculation. I felt that she didnt want an abortion because of the feelings she has for the violinist. She stated at first she didnt know that it was his child...when did they find out?

@saleh(sorry didnt wanna type in the quotes onemore time, tired lol) - They found out about the cancer recently...and it just suddenly spread through his body O.O, Tsumuhiko isnt exactly rich, is he?, I thought he was just an average man...heir to being priest of the shrine/temple...they usually dont make alot of money -_-...so dont think money was the issue.
Old 2007-12-29, 13:08   Link #239
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:

@saleh(sorry didnt wanna type in the quotes onemore time, tired lol) - They found out about the cancer recently...and it just suddenly spread through his body O.O, Tsumuhiko isnt exactly rich, is he?, I thought he was just an average man...heir to being priest of the shrine/temple...they usually dont make alot of money -_-...so dont think money was the issue.
Tsumuhiko's financial conditions were far better than Sakuradas. He wasn't a priest by profession (although we don't get to see that). The feud over inheritence could have been logical assumption by the police since that shrine not only added a bit of local fame to the inheritor but also encompassed a fairly large area that would have yeilded a good amount of money(considering that Tsumuhiko was that type of guy). Also, how do we know that Sakurada didn't know about his cancer condition since high school days and avoided worrying his friends? It could have been that news only leaked out when Nanaka was in mid school. Nanaka stated that this wasn't the first time he was getting thin (when he was in hospital).
Old 2007-12-29, 14:32   Link #240
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
ty

True but one night stand doesnt involve a close intimate friend to both parties...that is just wrong.

Sadly, it happens more than you think. Alcohol or drugs can make people do really stupid and regretful things.
Closed Thread