AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-25, 11:55   Link #121
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

For all the bread making I've done, I have YET to see someone put their fist into the center of a piece of bread and have it bounce back like that....unless it's show bread. I've seen bread baked just for food shows do some really weird things. Normal people wouldn't eat show bread because there's no way someone would eat something that rubbery, or hard depending on the type of show bread. Sure, it's true that bread should have some spring to it, but good gauds, that's overkill.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 12:26   Link #122
Secca
nya`
*Artist

It has a secret ingredient bushi no tamashi in it. XD
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 16:09   Link #123
ultramantaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
this show is funny in a ridicilously stupid way. I mean I have eaten all kinds of bread and no bread made me have those over the top reactions like they do in the anime. It's so fucking funny man, I was watching episode two and wondering why I was watching a show about bread. They even have a zoro clone who is a baker lol
I don't think anyone would have such over the top reactions over anything, except for a naked hot chick ready to give you the time of your life .

But I definitely love the following:

1) Sara Lee pound cake (somehow the texture and the taste make me want more!)

2) Nagasaki Cheese Cake (more like cheese bread - the taste is amazing)

You won't see me drool, but you will know I am totally "Zenn'ed" while I am eating them.

On another note, I am surprised the fellow with the "Hmm.....Bread" in the signature hasn't participated in this thread yet!!!
ultramantaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 19:19   Link #124
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramantaro
On another note, I am surprised the fellow with the "Hmm.....Bread" in the signature hasn't participated in this thread yet!!!
I have indeed. I've just changed my signature. I'm kinda regretting it, though. I liked it.

At least I have Tsukino in my avatar instead.

Anyway...to actually participate:

After 2 eps. I still like the manga much better. The reactions just don't work for me as well animated. And I don't like Tsukino's voice. That's a serious flaw.

If I wasn't reading and loving the manga, I would never have watched more than 10 minutes of this show.

I hope it starts to get better after this initial competition and the group is formed and start doing things together. Not that there is much story to come but at least the characters get tied together later.

mmm...bread
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 21:24   Link #125
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

I like this a lot, why didn't I watch this earlier? After tiring of shonen/fighting anime, Yakitate seems so much funnier when paralelling it to them.
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 09:33   Link #126
LynnieS

The VAs' voices are growing on me, and this series is, IMHO, one of the better ones out this fall. Its weird, over-the-top actions of the characters when surprised, amazed, or etc. were what I liked about the manga, and the anime's use of sound effects and music is, I think, as interesting as "Bleach"'s use of light and shadows in an otherwise [off the] middle-of-the-pack show.

Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled!

Spoiler for Favorite joke and sound effects in episode 3:

Its storyline is still a bit on the thin side, but I wasn't expecting much there to start with anyway.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 01:46   Link #127
flakeup

the grandpa's sofunny
flakeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 02:06   Link #128
apr
Pedestrian

Well, I watched the first two episodes of this anime, and figured I'd try the manga.

Bad idea.
It's now a few days later and I've somehow managed to do nothing but read Yakitate Japan and laugh my ass off. This thing has taken over what little life I already had.

Um. I'm reading them in Japanese, so don't laugh at me for being slow, but I'm only 7 volumes into it so far, and this thing just so amazingly funny it's not even, er, ... anyway, I love it. And Tsukino is the sexiest thing ever. The weirdest thing has to be that in the middle of nowhere, her t-shirt shows up with a big heart shape and the word "HOOKER" and I almost choked on my Pepsi. Dear lord, what were they thinking?

So anywho, the manga is certainly better than the anime, and I heartily recommend it, just like everyone else, BUT!! I do feel that Kuroyanagi's voice actor does a truly fantastic job with the orgasmic appreciation of bread. Oh, and also, Tsukino is way cuter in the manga, for some odd reason.

Some goodies:
Tsukino in a bikini!
Tsukino in, er, spandex.
Check the t-shirt.

I'm going to have to buy this thing once I afford it.
Old 2004-10-27, 04:45   Link #129
WristBandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr
Well, I watched the first two episodes of this anime, and figured I'd try the manga.

Bad idea.
It's now a few days later and I've somehow managed to do nothing but read Yakitate Japan and laugh my ass off. This thing has taken over what little life I already had.

Um. I'm reading them in Japanese, so don't laugh at me for being slow, but I'm only 7 volumes into it so far, and this thing just so amazingly funny it's not even, er, ... anyway, I love it. And Tsukino is the sexiest thing ever. The weirdest thing has to be that in the middle of nowhere, her t-shirt shows up with a big heart shape and the word "HOOKER" and I almost choked on my Pepsi. Dear lord, what were they thinking?

So anywho, the manga is certainly better than the anime, and I heartily recommend it, just like everyone else, BUT!! I do feel that Kuroyanagi's voice actor does a truly fantastic job with the orgasmic appreciation of bread. Oh, and also, Tsukino is way cuter in the manga, for some odd reason.

Some goodies:
Tsukino in a bikini!
Tsukino in, er, spandex.
Check the t-shirt.

I'm going to have to buy this thing once I afford it.
camel eh? haha. thanks. nice to know you got hooked~

Spoiler:
WristBandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 12:04   Link #130
BuGGY!!

I've both eps of the anime and i'm loving it.

It reminds of the Hong Kong movies "Sek sun" meaning something like "Food God", it's about chefs battling eachother. In that movie, when the judges eat food that's really good, they go off into their own world in their minds and have really funny scenes of how they describe what it tastes like.

A particular time is when a big ugly mofo, who is head of a triad, eats a shrimp ball, soon as he bites it, the screen lights up (just like in Yakitate) then next you know, we see him skipping and dancing on a beach in white womens underwear with a big smile on his face....this is the feeling he gets because it tastes that good.

Think the Yakitate creators must of watched that movie.
BuGGY!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-27, 12:19   Link #131
dannylu88

Send a message via AIM to dannylu88
reminds me of cooking master boy.... er reminds me of any food makin anime
dannylu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 06:50   Link #132
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

Well I think this "food making anime" is doing quite well so far! I can't help but compare it to the manga as I watch, and while I think some of Kuroyan's expressions are funnier in the manga (eg when he's reluctantly awarding Azuma his +2 points!), I was pleasantly surprised that the whole naan/ nan da etc joke actually came across better in the anime. It makes a difference when you can hear them punning!

The next part about kurosawa-san and the moon analogies should be good too
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 20:02   Link #133
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
For people who don't read the manga, but wanna, i made a torrent at...a place...with anime/manga/hentai torrents.
EV|RockLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 21:44   Link #134
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2-FumoGuu
I was also caught off guard as I had thought Azuma was more of a nice, innocent, polite boy than a "spunky" Naruto-ish one. I never knew Azuma had that speaking style either... is it country bumpkin/Osakan style?
osaka dialect sounds really different from his
kawachi speaks in osaka ben
not sure about azuma though...a bit like an old man?...dunno
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-28, 22:05   Link #135
outlaw97

Hey, I found out today that this series isn't too accurate. I went into my local bakery and started punching all the bread down, the only one that popped back up was the sourdough. The clerks got ticked off too, had to pay $80 for the damage

Spoiler:

I hope we get to see more of Ryou's critiquing though, I love how he can mash people's confidence and pride down with his scathing words like...fine dough.
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 02:30   Link #136
ultramantaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristBandMan
camel eh? haha. thanks. nice to know you got hooked~

Spoiler:
Nice t-shirt indeed. This further proves the manga-ka is trying to make Tsukino the sex symbol/mascot of this series. Check out the omake in the first two volumes!

At first I thought Tsukino would assume a more important role for the bakery, but she hasn't done much in the later volumes except for cheering for Azuma and CO. Good grief!
ultramantaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 04:07   Link #137
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Man, that Tsukino in spandex is just so...wrong...

It looked like she had no undies on and the sweat of the workout "marked" out her...uhhh *massive nosebleed* :lD
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 05:59   Link #138
WristBandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramantaro
Nice t-shirt indeed. This further proves the manga-ka is trying to make Tsukino the sex symbol/mascot of this series. Check out the omake in the first two volumes!

!
she is indeed the sex symbol of Yakitate, but regarding the T-shirt, it's just another quirk of japanese pop culture -- apparently, t-shirts with englist alphabets are a bit popular, and they do not know the meaning written on them -- it just looks cool.

Spoiler:

for the best laugh over go here

http://www.engrish.com/category_inde...egory=Clothing

Spoiler:

"apparently, t-shirts with englist alphabets are a bit popular, and they do not know the meaning written on them -- it just looks cool."

well, before you criticise, though, you know how t-shirt with kanji are popular among some people here too, right?
WristBandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 08:36   Link #139
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Haven't posted on animesuki in a week or two ><!!

Well I really liked the first two episodes, seems to live up to what I've read of the manga up t'il now. I'm reading once in a while, I'm at chapter 17-18 I think now. Really one of this season's great show.
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 22:34   Link #140
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
yakitate number 9 in anime ratings in tokyo last year... i guess japanese people are interested in food anime shows