Megane girl fan

Very nice, warita.

Endless "Appreciator of art" Soul
Old 2012-02-15, 00:43   Link #10102
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Congratulations, you made all the ronery males on here cry in despair....hehhahahaaa.

Nice work on the subtle coloring there.
Hey no worries, I'll get your mood right up, my best friend found out that his gf had been cheating on him for four months yesterday, you don't even want to imagine how he spent his valentine's day...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 07:30   Link #10103
warita
Dai-Youkai

Thank you guys for your kind words, you made me happy.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 19:53   Link #10104
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I write comic cards for special occasions myself. Beats buying a something shmaltzy courtesy of Hallmark.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 18:50   Link #10105
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I had this problem with my older sister's boyfriend a few times. Put it this way, like all siblings we argue sometimes, but otherwise we're pretty close. I don't really think the boyfriend has any kind of right to tell the younger brother what he can or cannot do,and it's not like I've ever upset my sister either. He just thinks my sister isn't capable of looking after herself... He's not as bad about this as he used to be though, he seems to have mellowed a bit, maybe my sister gave him a good talking to .
I'm angry on your behalf just reading that...

Though I suppose my outrage stems from me being an eldest sibling... I'm picturing some little punk trying to tell me what to do, not gonna fly
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 21:40   Link #10106
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I'm angry on your behalf just reading that...

Though I suppose my outrage stems from me being an eldest sibling... I'm picturing some little punk trying to tell me what to do, not gonna fly
Being married to someone who occasionally takes verbal abuse from a younger sibling, I can understand it. I've never intervened (usually because it occurs when I'm not around), but I most certainly would if things started getting out of hand. Although on DonQuigleone's case, it sounds like the boyfriend was being a bit overprotective. If he's a single child, himself, he may not understand the dynamics that siblings can go through.
Old 2012-02-17, 09:39   Link #10107
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Being married to someone who occasionally takes verbal abuse from a younger sibling, I can understand it. I've never intervened (usually because it occurs when I'm not around), but I most certainly would if things started getting out of hand. Although on DonQuigleone's case, it sounds like the boyfriend was being a bit overprotective. If he's a single child, himself, he may not understand the dynamics that siblings can go through.
I believe he is a single child. I can understand some intervention if I was being genuinely "abusive", however, if you're not fully aware of family dynamics, it's a lot better to "stay out" of any arguments and observe. It's disrespectful to all involved to play "hero". My sister is perfectly capable of looking after herself (at least where I'm concerned).
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 10:40   Link #10108
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I believe he is a single child. I can understand some intervention if I was being genuinely "abusive", however, if you're not fully aware of family dynamics, it's a lot better to "stay out" of any arguments and observe. It's disrespectful to all involved to play "hero". My sister is perfectly capable of looking after herself (at least where I'm concerned).
As a single child, this is exactly what I do. As much as Mrs. E.S. wants me to get involved and take her side when she is quarreling with her younger sister, I'm all "Hell no!" about it and let them duke it out (figuratively speaking) on their own.

Endless "Smarter than I look" Soul
Old 2012-02-17, 10:58   Link #10109
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
As a single child, this is exactly what I do. As much as Mrs. E.S. wants me to get involved and take her side when she is quarreling with her younger sister, I'm all "Hell no!" about it and let them duke it out (figuratively speaking) on their own.

Endless "Smarter than I look" Soul
When women are fighting, it is best for men to stay out of it. Even if they are fighting over you.

Don't argue with me - I have got alot more experience dealing with issues like that. Most of them are painful.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 12:16   Link #10110
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
When women are fighting, it is best for men to stay out of it. Even if they are fighting over you.
Should I be so privileged to experience that, I think I'd just sit back and enjoy the show.
Old 2012-02-17, 13:32   Link #10111
Hera

lmao!! If I were the man, I'd feel so flattered

But... when your female siblings are fighting, as a brother, you SHOULD interfere -- pacify.
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 13:46   Link #10112
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
But... when your female siblings are fighting, as a brother, you SHOULD interfere -- pacify.
Damn you sure have guts to interfere in that instance since it's highly likely that they would BOTH turn on you.
Old 2012-02-17, 13:48   Link #10113
Hera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Damn you sure have guts to interfere in that instance since it's highly likely that they would BOTH turn on you.
Oh no no, I mean if BOTH were your siblings
Hera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 13:55   Link #10114
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Oh no no, I mean if BOTH were your siblings
Yes, I got that. You still need guts to get in the fight since, as you know, siblings are seen as capable of taking more pain than an outsider.
Old 2012-02-18, 01:22   Link #10115
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
Should I be so privileged to experience that, I think I'd just sit back and enjoy the show.
They won't let you do that, sadly.

I know.
Old 2012-02-18, 11:34   Link #10116
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
They won't let you do that, sadly.
I know.
Yeah, instead of "sit back and enjoy the show," you should vanish from the scene
Old 2012-02-21, 14:35   Link #10117
warita
Dai-Youkai

I have a question for you guys.

How do you feel about the saying "the way to a mens heart is through his stomache"?

Is it still valid these days? I mean, in the past guys were dependant on women to cook for them and even though I am sure pretty much everybody would enjoy a good cooking these days, its not like guys depend on women for food anymore.

Is it a big plus for you, if a girl can cook well? (I love to cook btw).

Last edited by warita; 2012-02-21 at 14:47.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 14:38   Link #10118
GDB

If they can cook well, then personally, yes. It's not like I can't cook, I just don't like to and don't especially find the taste of what I cook to be anything better than mediocre.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 14:52   Link #10119
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
If you love eating delicious food then yes. To me I'm kind of like a -meh-. So being able to cook well is not an outstanding attractive trait. I also have male friends who are super addicted to cooking and won't eat anyone's cooking except their own. I think it varies. I also have married friends who eat out every meal and are fine with it. ><"

I can cook, but my ex-gf couldn't; and I thought it was kind of cute. Well except the time she did try to cook and almost murdered me. Good thing I went to the kitchen with her. She put weeks-old spoiled raw meat that had obvious signs of decay and didn't notice it at all.

If that had botulism and I wasn't there, I may have died.

However a girlfriend who has no interest in cooking and doesn't cook even if it's a necessity, IS a big turn-off. I personally like to cook with someone. I have very short attention span in the kitchen and need someone to be there. Of course being a good cook is always a bonus than not being one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita
Is it a big plus for you, if a girl can cook well? (I love to cook btw).
^ IS THAT SELF ADVERTISEMENT >: (, I'm gonna tell on you.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 15:11   Link #10120
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
How do you feel about the saying "the way to a mens heart is through his stomache"?
Not true at all My mom jokingly said, "The way to a man's heart is through his [feeling] hands"

I personally believe men are highly visual creatures :P

PS: I can't even cook for myself

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom