AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 13:17   Link #181
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Hopefully the next episode will come out earlier as well. In a avatar trailer they showed Korra fighting some of Amon's men so episode 2 may be nearly made by now.

Maybe Korra will win some money in a Pro bending tournament since she has no money and she's doesn't seem like the type who would rely on other people for money.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 14:35   Link #182
Tom Bombadil

Saw it. Great episode. It felt so short. Didn't expect they use erhu in the ED, but I love it. Looking forward to the season.
Old 2012-03-21, 20:00   Link #183
~BC~

Premiere (both episodes 1 and 2) will be viewable early online this Saturday March 24th courtesy of Korra Nation. Not sure if it's exclusive to Korra Nation members but we all know it'll make it's way to the usual channels eventually.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 20:37   Link #184
kitten320

This world is less fun that the old one, ah well modern days are always like that.
Too bad almost everyone from old cast died. Am I the only one reminded of Azula by Toph's daughter? A kinder version I mean.
Ah damn, stupid grandchildren! At least it gives hope that we will get some flashbacks later on
Old 2012-03-24, 04:43   Link #185
Blaat

I thought the second episode was excellent, good stuff.
Old 2012-03-24, 05:54   Link #186
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

as predicted, love triangle!

Pro-bending action is awesome.

gotta love tenzin and his comically seriousness

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 06:11   Link #187
FireChick

I just saw the first episode of this and...I LOVED IT!!!

Another plus: Steve Blum voices Amon!!!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 08:50   Link #188
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
1st and 2nd eps were pretty good =03. It was really like a modern version of Avatar. I kinda agree with kitten320 in that the world is not as fun as the original, esp since the story takes place in a single area/city, but aside from that, it looks like it'll be quite the enjoyable sequel.

I'm finding Bolin nearly as funny as Sokka so far. Of course, Bolin doesn't go out of his way to mention a pun or crack a joke, but his personality makes him funny in his own right. I'm not sure whether I should look forward to a love triangle or not without a 4th person in their group.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 09:46   Link #189
Tom Bombadil

Found these pictures on Baidu. I think they are pretty good, though not technically Korra stuff.

Old 2012-03-24, 11:18   Link #190
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
This world is less fun that the old one, ah well modern days are always like that.
Too bad almost everyone from old cast died. Am I the only one reminded of Azula by Toph's daughter? A kinder version I mean.
Ah damn, stupid grandchildren! At least it gives hope that we will get some flashbacks later on
As long as modern guns don't get invented then I like the technology in Korra's time. There were modern-ish vehicles in young Aang's time like tanks and flying machines so cars being in Korra's time seem OK to me.

If guns were invented then bending would be less important in Avatar which would be bad since bending is a big part of what makes Avatar so good.
Old 2012-03-24, 11:27   Link #191
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
If guns were invented then bending would be less important in Avatar which would be bad since bending is a big part of what makes Avatar so good.
Well, guns would only be helpful for the regular army.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 11:47   Link #192
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Brace yourself, for Team Mako and Team Bolin are coming.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 12:26   Link #193
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
As long as modern guns don't get invented then I like the technology in Korra's time. There were modern-ish vehicles in young Aang's time like tanks and flying machines so cars being in Korra's time seem OK to me.

i can see Equalists somehow invited it and use it against bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Brace yourself, for Team Mako and Team Bolin are coming.
Too late, they already marching. I already preparing my Multi-Mandala Shield

Old 2012-03-24, 12:53   Link #194
kitten320

Quote:

I wasn't referring just to cars, whole look is different. Only water tribes seem to be stuck in the past.
Old 2012-03-24, 13:25   Link #195
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
i can see Equalists somehow invited it and use it against bender
I heard that Amon's men will use Ty Lee's chi point attacks to fight benders so they don't need guns.

Quote:
I wasn't referring just to cars, whole look is different. Only water tribes seem to be stuck in the past.
The water tribe build their houses with ice / snow so that may stop them from changing as much but they could use waterbending to make massive ice houses.

I like the look of the technology but I think guns in avatar could badly affect the show unless the guns are old fashion / weak guns.
Old 2012-03-24, 13:38   Link #196
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
I heard that Amon's men will use Ty Lee's chi point attacks to fight benders so they don't need guns.
Chi point is mainly non lethal attack since it just cancel bender ability. pretty sure they need some lethal weapon for rebellion like Tank and gun.

thought i am not expecting something like machine gun is invented. probably like old style musket

Old 2012-03-24, 13:56   Link #197
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Chi point is mainly non lethal attack since it just cancel bender ability. pretty sure they need some lethal weapon for rebellion like Tank and gun.

thought i am not expecting something like machine gun is invented. probably like old style musket
Ty Lee used chi blocking to knock down many earth benders and stopped Katara using water bending in Omashu.

Amon's men could use chi blocking to fight benders like Ty Lee and they don't have to kill people, avatar isn't the type of show were random henchmen are seen killing people.

If guns are invented then Amon's men may kill benders, even a musket can kill at range so I think they may just use Chi blocking and maybe some melee weapons.
Old 2012-03-24, 13:59   Link #198
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i mean Amon's men using it. they probably have capable to infuse Chi-blocking skill to their weapon allowing them to kill bender

Old 2012-03-24, 17:23   Link #199
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

oh my lord, this show is incredible.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 17:30   Link #200
mochichan

I already like the cocky avatar
but no zuko......cuz he's probably an old man by now >w<
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags