Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-02-10, 16:16   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Talking How to burn .MKV files (i am stupid!)

currently i am using a pretty easy use program called NeroVision Express
you simply select the files you want to put on dvd, make a little menu and burn it and tada you can play it in every DvD p[layer you want

but now there's a problem, i tried to burn a MKV file but it freezes my NeroVision Express so that it has to shut down and reboot

so i wondered is there anyway to burn a MKV file, if anyone knows a beter easy burning program id be glad to hear it

i asked this on box before but they came out with a rip audio, thn subs and paste it together, assemble it as a new file and tada but i simply do not have the brains nor the disc space for 5 different programs to burn or ogm or avi files, ogm im not bothered with cause i can buy them on dvd from the web

also in th little guide it says nothing of how to burn MKV files, but can anyone help me out with my problem

how do you burn MKV files with Nero Exprss without ir freezing, and if nothing works can someone recommend me a verry easy to use burning program like Nero Vision Express that can also burn MKV files

thanks a lot for your answers
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 16:51   Link #2
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Eh... There's no easy program to burn MKV... It's a somewhat painful process involving at least VirtualDub, where you have to separate and recompile the file into another format. I haven't managed to successfully get the subs in yet though I don't remember the whole process but if you do a google search, you can find information about turning MKV to DVD-Video. But Nero Express is out of the question.
Old 2006-02-10, 16:59   Link #3
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Sigh... http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308

(please use the thread above if you have any questions about the scripts mentioned in that thread)
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 17:08   Link #4
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

well if you dont mind haveing the subs, and dont mind haveing english as the primary track. then i can reccomend any video converter. I use winavi video converter. You can take your Mkv file and then convert it to either WMV or AVI, i ussualy would convert into WMV, when you done that, then just import those files on nero vission express, then make your menu and burn. I used to do that, and it worked for me.

Now these days just to make the cool menus, i convert my avi file or ogm, or mkv file to dvd format, and then use the program dvdcomposer, to make cool menus, and to adjust my aspect ration to 16 by 9 widescreen anamorphic video.

By the way, if you want to be able to convert i think you will need the codecs for ogm, and mkv files to play on windows media player. I reccomend using combined community codec package. The only way im able to convert the video files are if the video files are able to play on windows media player.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 17:17   Link #5
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Fansubs don't have a English track and most people will definately need subtitles to
watch Japanese dubbed anime. Futhermore most of the normal video to DVD tools don't
take overscan into account, which means hardsubbed video will have it's subtitles cut off
during viewing -- not very useful either.

And while the newest version of my scripts will have a few features tailored for "non-fansub" video
files (if you know what I mean), DO remember what this site AND forum is primarily about: fansubs.
Old 2006-02-10, 17:19   Link #6
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

i was kind of more talking about the Mkv files where most have an english track. If you were to convert the fansubs, you would still have the subs, im sure he knows that. Just for Mkv files or ogm files, if you dont care about haveing subs, and dont mind haveing dubbing, since most of the time when you get an mkv file you have english as track 1 and track 2 would be the japanese.

If you were to convert it you would get track 1 for audio, and no subs. Thats it, unless you use virtual dub
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 17:30   Link #7
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

What I was trying to say, and will reiterate: AnimeSuki is about fansubs.
Open discussion of the kind of files you are talking about is not allowed.

Since the OP posted this thread on the AnimeSuki forum, I will assume the file he is
talking about IS a fansub, in which case your suggestions are not very helpful.
Old 2006-02-11, 10:13   Link #8
movax
Hosar Sub-God

Send a message via ICQ to movax Send a message via AIM to movax Send a message via MSN to movax Send a message via Yahoo to movax
Distill the process down to its fundamental steps. 1? Get the MKV to a video AVI, audio and subs using mkvextract. Then use your standard tools to convert them to DVD.
movax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 09:35   Link #9
ChristianHJW
Matroska Team Member

Try this Guide here on our official matroska homepage : http://www.matroska.org/technical/guides/dvd/index.html and report back here if it worked or not

Christian
matroska project admin
http://www.matroska.org
ChristianHJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 02:39   Link #10
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianHJW
Try this Guide here on our official matroska homepage : http://www.matroska.org/technical/guides/dvd/index.html and report back here if it worked or not

Christian
matroska project admin
http://www.matroska.org
i have the mattroska's pack, since it was in the how to play mkv fil topic ^^
but np

thanks for responding everyone im sue i can figure it out now ^^
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote