AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 13 19.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 30.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 24.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-27, 08:37   Link #61
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Well well looks like someones self confidence has improved "dont make me angry" lol

I see we are the right track

1. Kick ass powa "check"
2. potential harem "check"
3. King/group leader "check"
4. Fanatical loyalty "getting there"

Shu just gained enough VOIDS to wage his own private war and using the school as his base with the support of the students and the his friends as close council he is well on his way to forming his own version of Funeral Parlor. This is the kind of outcome i was expecting. The sight of all the students whispering "that's Ouma Shu" shows that he has elevated himself from nobody to pretty much savior. What we saw happen in this episode shows dark humans can

Im highly interested in the scene with Inori. I mean she lied to Shu for obvious reason's but did she actually kill those students or just beat them within an inch of their life.

I support the new set up that was presented at the end of the episode. This is a matter of survival. Prioritizing those with powerful Voids would have been my first decision as well, if everyone wants to live well this is the way to do it. Im sure Shu will have some objections at first but he will have to come around, also its easy to see how those with powerful Voids can start looking down on those with weaker ones. Everyone is Shu's group has a strong Void already with Inori not being able to be measured. Im interest to see how this pecking order works out.

Guilty Crown just 10X better for me i really see progression on Shu's part now and even Ayese who i suspect will start to have feelings for Shu soon enough. Seriously the Void scene with Tsugumi had be rollin on the floor it was like they were forcing her to join a cult "It only hurts for a second"

Also, the secret behind these new Shadow mechs interest me. I have a feeling they are not manned at all and they are automatons or are relying on some other type of artificial intelligence to operate.
Old 2012-01-27, 08:41   Link #62
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Your view on code geass is a little too narrow. There have been spin offs that are also called code geass without lelouche in it and the next code geass project also has no lelouche in it.
This. And if you can find another series besides Code Geass that, like Guilty Crown, can be described as, "One person defying the a stronger force (which in this case is the goverment) with his own small army and that person leading this rebellion is armed with the power of the kings that can turn the fights into his favor," you let me know. Until then, those similarities can be drawn, even if Code Geass and Guilty Crown are extremely different in their specifics.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:15   Link #63
miketyson

After this episode I am a bit puzzled with the future directions left for this show to go in.

Thinking through the various possibilities I think Shu, Inori, and/or the rest of the funeral parlor wind up kicked out of the school in another episode or two, which'd free them up to go infiltrate GHQ and give us the multi-episode, action-packed, world-saving, truth-learning finale.

A reasonable scenario is Shu messing up defending the school from serious attacks, Inori's victims being found, and the students getting tired of drug-dealer-kun's caste system.

At which point Inori turns on Shu, or something, b/c it seems like that's going to happen (before reconciling or something like that). Side note: anyone else thinking that the reason we haven't ever seen Inori fight (other than with her pistols) is b/c she has some kind of superpowers, too? Or maybe the Mana in her takes over and sends her into an unseemly bloodlust?
Old 2012-01-27, 09:16   Link #64
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Loved this episode. Stuff getting exciting and Shu becoming less of a Shoe. Loved that, "Didn't I tell you to calm down?" tidbit.

Daryl x Tsugumi ftw. Daryl expressing concern over the 'runt' was so adorable of him. Shipshipshipship.

Annnd Yahiro is being token evil teammate. Imagine that.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:25   Link #65
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Spoiler for preview:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
no this is a fake shuu, gai must have cloned shuu then remote controlled him while faking his death.
Sorry to breaking to you ..but this is the true Shu with his memory back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
first of all.... why should they targeted the girls??? just like I thought... using that excuse to be a rapist..... sigh...

nice one Inori.... hopefully you just beat them up because if you killed them, then Shu will be dragged into trouble

that auditorium scene is bringing RAGE!!! they are just like want to rape Ayase in front of student.... damn them!!!

luckily, Shu has high confidence right now.... He got back his GAR's character!!!! damn!! his popularity will be rocketed up!

Tsugumi's void is very awesome.... so the clones can drive car too?? it's just like a perfect copy that have their own thinking (or maybe just like a programmed clone)

Shu's mother is still in quarantined area or she's GHOST operator???

Daryl X Tsugumi flag is up too....
Inori = over 2000!!!!!! Shu = XXXX ?????
For Shu= xxx , like I said I think is the same a the wild card (fool arcana ) from persona.
I was really glad that Shu save both Tsugumi and Ayase plus he was badass
regard Inori. I agree I do not think she kill them. But I think part of Mana has merged with her during the episode 12 If this is good or bad we have yet to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Okay, the fact the next episode preview has no narration until the end where Shu says the usual line while sounding down is really foreboding. Shit's gonna hit the fan, I guess?
I guess so.

Last edited by Soji; 2012-01-27 at 09:36.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:32   Link #66
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Daryl x Tsugumi ftw. Daryl expressing concern over the 'runt' was so adorable of him. Shipshipshipship.
If only he expressed the same amount of concern for the hundreds of people he just saw massacred.

Well if Tsugumi helps him develop a conscience then that's passably okay, I guess. But if they seriously expect us to accept him as he is...
Old 2012-01-27, 09:46   Link #67
zero7090

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Your view on code geass is a little too narrow. There have been spin offs that are also called code geass without lelouche in it and the next code geass project also has no lelouche in it.
Note the words "spin off". Call of Duty got their zombie spin off game, Dota is Warcraft 3 spin-off but do you say you are playing true CoD or Warcraft 3 while shooting zomebie and slaying Roshan?
You can't say McDonald is McDonald when you drop the burgers ad fries from the menu, can you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
This. And if you can find another series besides Code Geass that, like Guilty Crown, can be described as, "One person defying the a stronger force (which in this case is the goverment) with his own small army and that person leading this rebellion is armed with the power of the kings that can turn the fights into his favor," you let me know. Until then, those similarities can be drawn, even if Code Geass and Guilty Crown are extremely different in their specifics.
Spoiler for long post is loooooooong:
Old 2012-01-27, 09:52   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"- Hey guys, look at this neat void measuring device I found lying on the ground! How do I know what it's used for? It came with the manual obviously! And there's absolutely nothing suspicious about the fact it was right next to the truck of the guys who tried to slaughter everybody yesterday. Nope. Not at all.

- Awesome! Let's use it to rank everybody and turn this school into a totalitarian state!

- Brilliant."

Fun facts:

Tsugumi's void level is 1488.
Guilty crown takes place exactly 100 hundred years after the beginning of WWII.
Today is holocaust memorial day.
Old 2012-01-27, 09:58   Link #69
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
"- Hey guys, look at this neat void measuring device I found lying on the ground! How do I know what it's used for? It came with the manual obviously! And there's absolutely nothing suspicious about the fact it was right next to the truck of the guys who tried to slaughter everybody yesterday. Nope. Not at all.

- Awesome! Let's use it to rank everybody and turn this school into a totalitarian state!

- Brilliant."

Fun facts:

Tsugumi's void level is 1488.
Guilty crown takes place exactly 100 hundred years after the beginning of WWII.
Today is holocaust memorial day.
I wouldn't be surprised if Scarface or that other void user dropped it there just for the plan to occur. And to be honest, this is actually a cool plan. Along with the preview next episode, I can't wait to see the possibilities of this.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-27, 10:10   Link #70
zero7090

@Kanon: A wealthy man with a bird mask who seemed to be sketchy but turned out to be a good guy gave them that. Why should you doubt him.
Anyway i find that device is quite lame actually. Can we really decide which one is better a 4s stun vs a 1000 damage nuke? Ranking void and ignore its niche effects in various situations is never a wise idea.
Old 2012-01-27, 10:16   Link #71
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

and now everyone on 4ch call shu with SHUHRER!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2012-01-27, 10:19   Link #72
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i found the names of the red head guy and his ponytail friend and their VAs.

Shuuhei Sakaguchi as Hirohide Nanba

Tomoyuki Higuchi as Takaomi Sudou

However, i'm not sure which name belongs to which character.
Old 2012-01-27, 10:38   Link #73
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Damn looks like Hare's death flag is waving in the cold sad breeze. I actually like her as a character but given her attachment to Shu and this is an anime after all. Hare sacrificing herself to save the person she loves in a common theme.

Hare's the question what effect would Hare's death have a on Shu? Would he rage uncontrollable or go back to his old self loathing self
Old 2012-01-27, 10:40   Link #74
Soji

Sinestra@ He won't back his old self ,that's for sure. I think he become like we see him in the op.
Old 2012-01-27, 10:42   Link #75
HelpeRX

Symbolism

What was the symbolism the intent to show that inori killed those two guys.
Old 2012-01-27, 10:47   Link #76
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpeRX View Post
What was the symbolism the intent to show that inori killed those two guys.
Like I said ...that Maybe Inori and some of Mana a merge togheter ...so better not make her angy.This or they want to show us how much she still need to learn (about emotions ecc).
Old 2012-01-27, 10:48   Link #77
miketyson

Wow, that 1488 thing along with the other coincidences is a real trip. The brainstorming sessions for this show must've been amazing. Doubly so if Segai threw it into the mix just to stir stuff up a bit more.

In any case this show, this show: how grimdark is it, really, if inside the wall Shu's running a nazi-ish regime, and outside the wall GHQ is doing a holocaust?
Old 2012-01-27, 10:56   Link #78
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Spoiler for long post is loooooooong:
Fair enough. Gurren Lagann isn't a perfect comparison (Spiral power is present in everybody, if more prominent in Simon), and Setsuna's Innovator qualities only came out toward the end of S2 and weren't a driving force from the start, but you made your point. Nevertheless, both Guilty Crown and Code Geass have the unique distinction of referring to the power in question as the Power of Kings (can't remember if they used that exact term in Guilty Crown though); finding a connection there is perfectly understandable.

I'll leave it at that though, because aside from this correlation the two series aren't really alike, so debating heavily on it really doesn't serve much of a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Hare's the question what effect would Hare's death have a on Shu? Would he rage uncontrollable or go back to his old self loathing self
I was thinking along the same lines as Soji, that maybe the death of another close friend might finally push him toward what we see in the new OP. He's definitely getting there with Gai's death and getting his memories back, but he hasn't gotten there yet. Losing Hare may well do just that.
Old 2012-01-27, 10:56   Link #79
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I think the one problem I have with Shu being leader of the students is the guilt he will receive when something bad happpens. Lets face it, Shu is manning up, but's no Gai when it comes to not letting the guilt overcome him. It would be on Gai's conscious, but he could still get through a mission as if nothing happened. Shu on the otherhand is probably going to have problems, especially now that the Void Ranking system has been introduced.

Sacrifices are going to have to be made. With only Ayase, Tsugumi, Inori and Shu as proper commanders of hundreds of students, it is going to be very, veerryyy unlikely that every single one will survive. Who's conscious will this affect? The leader of course, Shu, because they are now relying on him.

According to Yahiro, The highest ranking void users are their top priorities. Of course, this means the lowest ranking void users and less prioritised. Top ranking = Be careful with how you use them. Low ranking = Protect them and only use them for certain things whilst at the same time keeping the top ranked void users away from certain death.

We've seen Shu become a victim of guilt before because he killed someone who wanted to be killed. What would it be like for him to have the deaths of many students under his leadership fall during a battle.
Old 2012-01-27, 11:14   Link #80
HelpeRX

Re

Just when I was liking the show again and the romance between inori and shu it leads back to incest if the possibility of mana being in inori... Great..... joy.... not
Closed Thread