AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-06, 23:39   Link #1321
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Sigh, Mazui...
Emonzaemon is a single first name (with Souda being the last).

"Yuki no Onna" takes the prize as the song in the show which makes less sense of them all.
So far.

The spoilerific line was also the last line of the sixth novel. Blame Isin!
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 00:10   Link #1322
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
The spoilerific line was also the last line of the sixth novel. Blame Isin!
Indeed, now if only Nisio did that every time he kills off a major character, I wouldn't rage as hard ...
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 02:24   Link #1323
hai_san

Damn spoiler ... i just hope it will be a troll too but...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 02:41   Link #1324
Clarste
Human

It's not a spoiler, it's just the way the story is being told. Can't say it's unexpected either.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 04:18   Link #1325
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well it's a bloody stupid thing to do.

But i liked this episode. I think it's obvious by who killed that little girls entire clan. I also liked how Togame at the end on the ship answers Shichika's question he asked when they were in bed together before.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 05:24   Link #1326
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I don't see what's wrong at all with finding out who's going to be the enemy for the next episode. I mean it was pretty obvious build up before it was even announced.

Anyway as for the episode, it was very good. Plenty of awesome forshadowing, and the Maniwa of the episode was very nice on the eyes. As for what happened to Konayuki's village, i don't think it was Nanami because the little flashbacks we seen shown what looked like a grown up version of Konayuki. Either way there's plenty of mystery there, and i wonder why we didn't find out the truth in this episode.

I adore what i'm seeing from that preview in terms of style. Those designs are very much to my liking, plus it looks like we'll finally get to see Togame with short hair, which i've been dying to see.
Old 2010-06-07, 05:31   Link #1327
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
I don't see what's wrong at all with finding out who's going to be the enemy for the next episode. I mean it was pretty obvious build up before it was even announced.
That's not the point. They will probably preview the following three episodes like they did before anyway. The thing is - they said outright that the enemy will fall before the episode even started.

Quote:
Since when are people watching this series for the unpredictable story?
Since when trolling was going on Animesuki?
Old 2010-06-07, 05:35   Link #1328
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
That's not the point. They will probably preview the following three episodes like they did before anyway. The thing is - they said outright that the enemy will fall before the episode even started.
Yet again i don't see what's wrong with that. We know that Shichika would have to kill his sister if he had any chance of defeating her, so it's basically just stating the obvious before it happened. Plus for me it makes the upcoming battle in next months episode all the more exciting.
Old 2010-06-07, 05:36   Link #1329
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
We know that Shichika would have to kill his sister if he had any chance of defeating her, so it's basically just stating the obvious before it happened.
Well it's the same for me, even though I read storyboards and scripts before hand but I guess I'd be okay with that even if I didn't. Yet I can see where people are coming from with complaints.
Old 2010-06-07, 05:37   Link #1330
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I was very much hoping that he wouldn't actually kill Nanami. It may have been obvious that was what was going to happen but this anime is good enough that we can expect interesting plot twists so the that we don't have to expect the obvious to happen.
Old 2010-06-07, 05:40   Link #1331
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Well it's the same for me, even though I read storyboards and scripts before hand but I guess I'd be okay with that even if I didn't. Yet I can see where people are coming from with complaints.
Yeah i know it's no shock at all that most people who react the way they are doing, though i just wanted to make it clear that what was stated was obvious in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I was very much hoping that he wouldn't actually kill Nanami. It may have been obvious that was what was going to happen but this anime is good enough that we can expect interesting plot twists so the that we don't have to expect the obvious to happen.
For all we anime only watchers know she may not die. It's just the fact that Shichika needs to go into this battle with the thought that there's a high chance he'll have to kill his sister if he wants to win. You could look at the line that was said at the end of this episode to come across as that.
Old 2010-06-07, 05:42   Link #1332
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ That's exactly what I was thinking too but all these posters that have read the Light Novels saying that they can't believe they gave a spoilerific line...
Old 2010-06-07, 05:44   Link #1333
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
^ That's exactly what I was thinking too but all these posters that have read the Light Novels saying that they can't believe they gave a spoilerific line...
& Daniel_Lind already said that the same line was mentioned at the end of the sixth novel, so the exact same place as we heard it in this episode.
Old 2010-06-07, 06:48   Link #1334
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Another enjoyable episode. Shichika's first loss and all. I was going to say that Shichika really grew in character on his journey, but now I'm a loss whether he's just pretending to be ignorant on all things. I'm also quite amazed that the other Maniwani was excited to die. Can't wait for the next episode....
Old 2010-06-07, 07:38   Link #1335
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Anyway as for the episode, it was very good. Plenty of awesome forshadowing, and the Maniwa of the episode was very nice on the eyes. As for what happened to Konayuki's village, i don't think it was Nanami because the little flashbacks we seen shown what looked like a grown up version of Konayuki. Either way there's plenty of mystery there, and i wonder why we didn't find out the truth in this episode.

Are you sure?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 08:05   Link #1336
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Are you sure?
Sure it looks like her, though i'm just saying that it's not 100% certain that it is.
Old 2010-06-07, 08:36   Link #1337
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This is beginning to look like a set of Jin Yong's novels. To defeat Nanami, he has to be the sword with no style, since his older sister can practically learn every move in no time.

Looking forward to next month! Cheerio!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 09:01   Link #1338
zero7090

Please watch the ep 4 again before you say Nanami who buried 3 maniwani with respect, would kill the whole village for the lulz.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 09:19   Link #1339
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Please watch the ep 4 again before you say Nanami who buried 3 maniwani with respect, would kill the whole village for the lulz.
Just because she has morals in some areas doesn't mean she has morals in others. I think that's was episode 4 established.
Old 2010-06-07, 09:22   Link #1340
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Never trust a trailer. Never trust a preview.

And never trust the narrator when they tell you someone dies next episode.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy