AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 12:44   Link #5321
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Dislikes:
Not enough Erza! I wanted to see her a wedding dress and Mystogan be all over her, or some other guy!
Did you miss Erza's bondage fight with Evergreen? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I guess I'm going to be the only one who was infuriated with half of this episode............

I never thought I would complain about fan-service in Fairy Tail, but this was totally over the top. The reason I never had a problem with fan-service in this show was because, IMO, it was done tastefully. This just felt like they were shoving ass and boobs down the audience(or rather my) throat. I will admit that even through all the fan-service in this show I still retain a degree of respect for the characters and they just cheapened the characters for me in the first half for the sake of fan-service *sigh*

But of course this just my opinion.
I usually don't like fanservice, either. Even the small parts here and there tend to annoy me, because they feel out of place. But I didn't have much of a problem with this one, and I think I know why...

It was designed to be over the top. The king arranged for two pinup models to fight and Mashima took it up to 11. I found it more hilarious than anything else, especially with all the bits like Lyon/Juvia/Gray, Erza/Evergreen, Pantherlily/Asuka(took me a bit to figure out who that little girl was), and Loke/Lucy/Natsu/Lisanna.

I'm liking these little additions to the anime. They are clever and really add something extra nice, and never make it seem tacked on or stalling for time.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 13:06   Link #5322
-Necromancer-
Otaku

The manly side of me thinks they could have used that transformation ability much better :3
only at that part atm though xD So watching rest now ;D

side note: When will natsu and lucy kiss D:
-Necromancer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 13:35   Link #5323
ookamigirl

Elfman was pretty amazing, but he also pretty beat up.
Mirajne vs Jenny!
They were competing for the centerfold and not fighting.
That was pretty LOL and total fan service!
Somehow it turned into a weird clothes contest between every female guild member.
WTF?! happened to this episode.... Well, I'm glad she won.
That Eclipse gate thing sounds interesting. Hope that part will start soon.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 13:38   Link #5324
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

a nice light episode, and a lot of fanservice, funniest scene where Loke asks Lucy to really get married, for a moment i thought Lisanna saw something between Lucy and Nastu wonder how things will turn out between the three

one of the best was when Gray snatches Juvia from Lyon,
now i like always like Mirajane's fan service but, not that i din't like it, but still i would prefer the Demon Mirajane over the Pinup model Mirajane,
and there are something things going on behind the scenes and Lucy is the target,

i'm expecting a serious battle in the next episode, betting their lives, so would one of them die
Old 2013-01-05, 14:04   Link #5325
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I usually don't like fanservice, either. Even the small parts here and there tend to annoy me, because they feel out of place. But I didn't have much of a problem with this one, and I think I know why...

It was designed to be over the top. The king arranged for two pinup models to fight and Mashima took it up to 11. I found it more hilarious than anything else, especially with all the bits like Lyon/Juvia/Gray, Erza/Evergreen, Pantherlily/Asuka(took me a bit to figure out who that little girl was), and Loke/Lucy/Natsu/Lisanna.
Yeah, I was smiling for about 10 sec in total and then my fuse went off..............
I think I was ticked by the fact that Elfman just got ticked off when Bacchus suggested something lewd about his sisters(who were equally shocked) and the next ep you have this............................
Old 2013-01-05, 16:39   Link #5326
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

After a terrible joke episode we finally get a sabertooth match next and it's against the strongest Mermaid Heel wizard as well. I'm looking forward to next week.

I liked Yukino from the first second she appeared too :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep163:
So I'm not the only one.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 16:52   Link #5327
-Necromancer-
Otaku

Like it how lucy landed on natsu in the end while talking to lisanna ;D Nalu hints
-Necromancer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 18:33   Link #5328
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Poor Lisana, disappears for a few years and Natsu had stumbled across a busty + blond replacement.
Old 2013-01-05, 23:15   Link #5329
ellessarr
Banned

man i can't stop of laught too much epic episode

- little elfman x evergreen moment on the beginer like the manga
- awesome epic swinsuit slugfest and the wedding omg no words!!!!
- allmost the couples for everywhere
- Gajeel x Levi - gajeel still too much total oblivion almost one side couple
- gray x juvia x lyon - the fight start, who gona win the water girl( the triangle love being a very fun way to improve the relationship between gray and juvia making gray very jealous
- and the oscar go to... loke x lucy x natsu x lisanna the epicness moment, this is to show how to make NaLu fans happy and at same time troll hard the NaLi and LoLu fans, man was badass funny loke bring lucy to natsu before lisanna gona start to talk with him the NaLi fans get more trolled than LoLu, at last the LoLu get 3seconds ef glory before the slap in the face bitch moment while the NaLi dont have any chance when she tried to start something BAM!!! here natsu you wayfus!!! provided by loke's delivere services.
- the missing of Gerza(jellal x erza) was few bad i know who due to the way jellal is hidden can't let him enter in the wedding part but at last he's deserve some blood noises
- Finally but not the least Oba baba-sama enter in the contest omg O_O i feeling who i gona have nightmares tonight.

i give 10/10 to this episode not by the fanservice slugfest but by the epic jokes.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-01-05 at 23:36.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 01:00   Link #5330
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
I guess I'm going to be the only one who was infuriated with half of this episode............

I never thought I would complain about fan-service in Fairy Tail, but this was totally over the top. The reason I never had a problem with fan-service in this show was because, IMO, it was done tastefully. This just felt like they were shoving ass and boobs down the audience(or rather my) throat. I will admit that even through all the fan-service in this show I still retain a degree of respect for the characters and they just cheapened the characters for me in the first half for the sake of fan-service *sigh*

But of course this just my opinion.
I thought it was garbage too, but mostly because it was the second dose of tasteless filler we've gotten recently. It wasn't as bad as getting characters like Wendy, Lucy and Juvia drunk in the OVA, but still a very trashy way of handling someone else's characters.

Mashima seems to have a great grasp on how to do fanservice right. Whoever is writing these filler scenes clearly doesn't.
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 10:43   Link #5331
kitten320

They sure went over board with fan service here... they better add extra bits to the next fight.
Old 2013-01-06, 11:02   Link #5332
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Eh...all I can say is that I liked the manga version a lot more. It didn't have the copious amounts of T&A from every female character in the show but it was much better and much more tastefully done, the anime version was just "Here, have all the girls do fan-service, have fun." and Mira's "battle" got side-tracked a bit.

Mind you, I'm never one to complain about fan-service...just saying that the manga did it better.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 12:11   Link #5333
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I was smiling for about 10 sec in total and then my fuse went off..............
I think I was ticked by the fact that Elfman just got ticked off when Bacchus suggested something lewd about his sisters(who were equally shocked) and the next ep you have this............................
I think that's one reason I like Fairy Tail. Much like Gintama, they can wax between serious and comedy at a drop of the hat, and somehow it works. Although, granted, since everyone is different and has subjective tastes, it won't work for everyone.

Honestly, I have more of a problem with Lucy's usual outfits over the entire course of the manga (and her position as a fanservice girl), then I did with this episode. Because I know they did it as an "over the top" kind of thing, almost to mock fanservice itself.

And given that the anime is on the current manga arc, it's somewhat understandable they are trying to pad things here and there, to give more time for the manga to reach the arc's conclusion first.
Old 2013-01-06, 12:18   Link #5334
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
And given that the anime is on the current manga arc, it's somewhat understandable they are trying to pad things here and there, to give more time for the manga to reach the arc's conclusion first.
knowing this scares me, because some nice series for eg: D.Gray Man came to an end because of the very same reason that there wasn't enough manga material so the production was stopped, and the series gets many times better further in the manga.

i hope the same doesn't happen to this series
Old 2013-01-06, 14:28   Link #5335
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
knowing this scares me, because some nice series for eg: D.Gray Man came to an end because of the very same reason that there wasn't enough manga material so the production was stopped, and the series gets many times better further in the manga.

I'd almost be ok with it if I was sure they'd be coming back. I mean isn't taking a break while keeping the quality up better than slowing down, tons of filler, and kind of killing the momentum of the series?

Of course D.Gray-Man still isn't back yet so yeah...
Old 2013-01-06, 16:59   Link #5336
ellessarr
Banned

for mine calculations manga still have something between 3 to 4 months ahead of anime(if manga stop to be published)like a season otherwise i think us gona see a break on the series something near October to give manga more time again and maybe another "filler arc" like the clock one.

i think due to the big grow on the FT popularity this can be a anime who they can let down more than one season, if i dont wrong they does this in 2011 they take a break of 4 months then they come back with the filler arc to finally goes back to manga.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 17:48   Link #5337
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post

The thing is, a good chunk of the reason D.Gray-man ended for lack of material is that D.Gray-man's author kept taking breaks, or going on hiatus for one reason or another. Mashima on the other hand never misses a chapter, even when he's out of town, often gets chapters that are longer than standard length, and will even on occasion have two chapters in a week. So it's much easier to avoid catching up on Fairy Tail than was D.Gray-man.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 19:11   Link #5338
ImperialFlameGod8190

The thing is the FT anime right now is basically running a chapter per episode because u cant really string them together so far there are maybe 3 sections that you can string multiple chapters into 1 anime epsiode
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 21:20   Link #5339
Kaijo
Banned

Well, best I can find is that Fairy Tail is #5 in the top ten of manga sold in 2012. Source. Can't find reliable anime ratings.

But given that, I don't see Fairy Tail ending anytime soon. As long as there is a popular manga, they'll be making an anime, I presume. Gintama spent 4 years in the top 10, was canceled twice, and has come back a third time. And it had quite a bit of filler, and on one of those breaks, it was gone for a year or two.

So, the question is... would you rather have a filler arc? Or just have it go on hiatus for a year until Mashima gets through a couple of manga chapters? Both have their risks. And I don't know that they could fit in a filler arc this time around, given how I see the manga arc going. Of course, they could always do a Naruto flashback thing, to a time awhile back when something happened.
Old 2013-01-06, 21:44   Link #5340
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'd almost be ok with it if I was sure they'd be coming back. I mean isn't taking a break while keeping the quality up better than slowing down, tons of filler, and kind of killing the momentum of the series?

Of course D.Gray-Man still isn't back yet so yeah...

Quote:
So, the question is... would you rather have a filler arc? Or just have it go on hiatus for a year until Mashima gets through a couple of manga chapters? Both have their risks. And I don't know that they could fit in a filler arc this time around, given how I see the manga arc going. Of course, they could always do a Naruto flashback thing, to a time awhile back when something happened.
making a lot of filler is a serious mistake, or else it might end up like Bleach with just fillers running and visiting the main story once a while, lowering the quality is also killing the momentum of the series,
but then again Fairy Tail's fillers are as good as the main story and there has been only one of it, so there is room for fillers in the series but they should'nt mess up with the main story and can't be sure than if it goes on a break it will come back

if the production takes break to increase the gap between the anime and the manga , then they should give confirmation as to when they will resume

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen