Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-30, 20:08   Link #581
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Did somebody say yandere?

I gotta wonder though, whose body was that on the ground, if that is a body...

Why did she have to show up so late *cough*faithful adaption*cough*
At first I was thinking it maybe was Kyouhei because of Mahiru's pleasure expression saying "yes we are alone now Kyouhei-saamaaaa" but I could be wrong
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 20:48   Link #582
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
At first I was thinking it maybe was Kyouhei because of Mahiru's pleasure expression saying "yes we are alone now Kyouhei-saamaaaa" but I could be wrong
I have to say, the other thought I had, it might have been Koushirou, since they are Hyuga's, which she might have put him to sleep to get him out of the way
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 20:58   Link #583
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I have to say, the other thought I had, it might have been Koushirou, since they are Hyuga's, which she might have put him to sleep to get him out of the way
Masa-san!!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 21:12   Link #584
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Nyantype
Old 2011-08-30, 22:15   Link #585
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Nyantype
Oooh, it's Utao. I told ya she's the main character

*runs*

And don't anyone tell me that's actually Kirio lol

Last edited by mangatron; 2011-08-30 at 22:42. Reason: Can you see? Can you?
Old 2011-08-30, 23:44   Link #586
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It doesn't look like Aki is being dominated by Kukko to me. It looks like he's marking time and putting up with her nonsense until she pisses him off badly enough to get hurt.

Not much happened on the surface, but there was a lot bubbling up underneath this week. Koushirou is indeed a stand-up guy - and finally, someone on-screen points out Hibino has a rack! He hints to Kyouhei that he's going to have to get in the game on one side or the other - but what are the sides? Hyuga vs. Kuga? I don't think so - too simple, and I think Kyouhei and Koushirou will end up on the same side. I can't help but think Aki has the right idea - blow that place off the map. Unhappiness seeps from the pores of the village and clings to everyone who lives there like a bad stink, even if they leave.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 00:35   Link #587
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Something is bothering me for a while now, isn't Utao working in public violate the child labor law?
If there's one thing anime has taught me, it's that Japan has no child labor laws.

But if you must have a justification for it, Hibino's dad is probably telling customers that Utao's his other daughter. Even in the US you can get away with employing child slaves as long as they're your kids.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 00:48   Link #588
zzhk
Summary Machine

Is it child labor if she's not getting paid?
After all, anyone can do volunteer work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Is there any news regarding a second season? Kind got the felling that we might end up with a cliffhanger or unfinished business.
Since there's still 4 more episodes, this season should end fairly satisfactorily.
They probably won't begin a new season until the manga concludes.
I'd give it a year or two.
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 02:03   Link #589
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

A 'non-nice' HanaKana role? I LOVE it to bits already. Definite highlight of the episode for me. ^_^

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 04:22   Link #590
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Forgot to say Hibino looked really cute when she was younger. Cuter than she is now *runs*
Old 2011-08-31, 04:49   Link #591
EroKing

You really have a thing for girls in elementary school don't you?
Old 2011-08-31, 04:59   Link #592
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Forgot to say Hibino looked really cute when she was younger. Cuter than she is now *runs*

Kanon is it? This is the police. We'd like you to come with us to the station.

Wait, are you disgracing her big ones, suggesting that the flat teenage Hibino is better? (what happened to her mom anyways... it doesn't look like Hibino grew those things at an early age, did her mom like pass away and pass on a few things as well?)

A few things I forgot to mention of this scene: Hibino went ponytail again! And I'd be lol'ing if the girl on the right of the graduation photo is Suou-chan, looks like she dyed her hair
Old 2011-08-31, 05:21   Link #593
ookamigirl

That detective is on the right track, that could mean serious trouble for Utao.
Aki is doing just fine, so is Kuga's brother/Utao's twin Kirio.
It was an ok episode, kinda relaxed.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 09:30   Link #594
klare

Kuuko is great, but Aki's reaction to her is even better^^

so Kukuri's left hand is the ultimate weapon...
Old 2011-08-31, 12:06   Link #595
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I can't help but think Aki has the right idea - blow that place off the map. Unhappiness seeps from the pores of the village and clings to everyone who lives there like a bad stink, even if they leave.
So... you support the destruction of people's homes and possibly mass murder as well?

No, there should be a better way than this, imo.

This anime has drawn a philosophical contrast between how Aki views the dolls and how Utao views them. I don't think the viewer is meant to agree with Aki's approach to them. With that in mind, you can help the village without destroying it.

Just because Aki isn't entirely unsympathetic doesn't mean he's completely right in his desires and objectives.
Old 2011-08-31, 12:18   Link #596
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Aki has already killed plenty of innocent civilians hasn't he?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 12:22   Link #597
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Aki has already killed plenty of innocent civilians hasn't he?
Nah but don't worry, he's a good guy thanks to Nono the dog....
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 12:27   Link #598
Forsaken_Infinity

It's not about being "right" in the moral sense but being "right" in the pragmatic sense. I don't really see a way Aki and co. could ever get away from what they have been through (the harrowing experience will always haunt them) but they could at least lead a somewhat "normal" life and at least make an attempt at finding love and healing their hearts (I doubt it'd achieve much success) but they can't even do that so long as there is that village trying to "collect" them or otherwise meddling with their lives. So wiping it off the map is a valid - dare I say the only - thing they could do. I don't agree with it but I wouldn't condemn them if they did exactly that either. So long as they are sincere about it.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 12:32   Link #599
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

We already know that not everyone is like that in the village. The main problem is mostly the elder and some influential people. "Wiping it of the map" is not what I call a "good solution". It's just the easiest one for people who don't care about other. Futhermore, if Aki killed all of them, he would spend the rest of his life in jail : what a great achievement for him (to be fair, it should already be the case )
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 13:02   Link #600
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So... you support the destruction of people's homes and possibly mass murder as well?

No, there should be a better way than this, imo.

This anime has drawn a philosophical contrast between how Aki views the dolls and how Utao views them. I don't think the viewer is meant to agree with Aki's approach to them. With that in mind, you can help the village without destroying it.

Just because Aki isn't entirely unsympathetic doesn't mean he's completely right in his desires and objectives.
This is more of a symbolic solution than a practical one, I admit. But I really do think the series, at the very least, is taking a nuanced view on this. Even Koushirou's comments to Kyouhei later in the episode indicate that he knows how rotten Karakami is, and everything attached to it.

Bottom line - I don't think Karakami is "fixable" - it's a place of evil and has been for centuries, though obviously some good people live there. While of course Aki would be in the wrong to wipe it out with everyone in it, he may be in the right of it in the eventual goal. When good people like Kyouhei try to leave it, and good people like Koushirou try and fix it from within, they're doomed to fail - they're inevitably drawn back into the cycle of violence and paranoia that surrounds the village. The only way to free the good people associated with Karakami in the end is to get rid of the Kekkashi system and the village that was built around it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen