AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-07-26, 14:35   Link #741
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

This is what I like about Tekken even though the story loops and ever since T4 Heihachi and Kaz can't win over Jin we still got more freshed out stories. I won't be surprised if Kazumi is releated to the Kazama family bloodline like unknown "Jun", but with Devil powers
Old 2014-07-26, 18:32   Link #742
Xagzan

Err, that would make things pretty incestuous, if Kasumi was a Kazama.

Anyway, apparently there's a Japanese version of the trailer where the characters have their proper voices.

God I hope we don't get saddled with an all friggin English voice cast in the NA release. I've loved the multilingual approach Tekken has taken for a long time, and I would hate for them to get rid of that. Especially with such poor dub quality. Damn it, I don't want to hear everyone speaking English!
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 18:43   Link #743
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I'm not even sure what new mechanics Namco Bandai can add at this point. The only new stuff I could think of here are moves and characters.

Back to mechanics, I think the Bound system will be removed and be replaced here. Many speculates that the removal of the Bound system in Tekken Revolution was to prepare for TxSF.

Anyway I think Tekken 7 needs a new thread, don't you guys agree?
It's pretty much confirmed since Harada and Namco Bandai posted that trailer on a lot of Social Media sites.
Yeah. Many people basically want the game to be toned down in several aspects (the juggles, character rosters, movelists, etc.). Tekken Revolution seems like an experimental product indeed. While I haven't played her yet, it is said that the vampire character, Eliza, is a good example of how to trim down the movelist while keeping them usable.

A new thread sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
This is what I like about Tekken even though the story loops and ever since T4 Heihachi and Kaz can't win over Jin we still got more freshed out stories. I won't be surprised if Kazumi is releated to the Kazama family bloodline like unknown "Jun", but with Devil powers
Well, I just hope Tekken 7 will live up to the hype. Many people, including me want to have the story back to its root like in Tekken 2.

Personally I feel Jin (and maybe Jun if she's going to appear) should have minimal involvement in this installment. I kinda hate how he stole the spotlight for Tekken 4's ending. It makes Kazuya's return almost useless because he only ends up losing up to Tekken 6 . Depending on how the storyline goes, Jin could be a proper lead character again in the next Tekken... hopefully with his devil gene gone somehow so he could start as a "new" man.

Some other characters (especially the ones returning from Tekken 1 and 2) are really old already and most likely this will be their last appearance and then retire in various ways.

-------------------------------

Some core informations from SDCC panel:
Quote:
- Namco is not ready to show gameplay for Tekken 7 yet, they are still finalizing the game mechanics.

- Tekken 7 will feature the character designs of seven guest artists, including Mari Shimazaki (Bayonetta), Yusuke Kozaki (Fire Emblem Awakening, No More Heroes), Ninnin (Duel Masters, Cardfight!! Vanguard) and Kenichiro Yoshimura (Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns). Previously the guest artists were only brought for the console extra outfits, now their designs will be implemend from the beginning of development.

- Shinji Aramaki will be directing the intro for Tekken 7. He is famous for his work on the anime Appleseed Alpha which he also directed.

- Tekken 7's story will go into the entire motivation for all the events that transpired throughout the series. Lingering quesions as to why Heihachi threw Kazuya down a ravine and why Kazuya's mother is dead will all be answered. Tekken 7 will also conlcude the Mishima storyline hinting at some kind of closure for the feud between Heihachi/Kazuya/Jin.

- Kazuya/Kazumi will NOT speak English in the final game. The English dub seen is only done for the sake of the trailer, the final game will have all the characters speak in their native language like in TTT2.

- Tekken 7 will most likely be a 1 v 1 game.

- Tekken 7 will have network features for the Arcade release very similar to how Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was networked globally during its operation. Hence because of this, having an Arcade release in North America will be "difficult" according to Harada.

- Harada understands the declining popularity of Tekken in the competitive North American scene judging by the enrants at EVO. He has also said steps are being taken to make the game more appoachable to the North Ameican audience.

- Tekken X Street Fighter is still in development. The reason the information has been so scarce about it is because Namco is waiting for the opportune time to market it.
and here are some design sketches of Kazumi and Lars:

Kazumi kinda resemble Eliza, lol and Lars' armor kinda look like Ryu Hayabusa's
Old 2014-07-26, 19:02   Link #744
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

And here I thought Lars' last look was over the top.

Hopefully everyone will get new costumes. That's one of the things I like about 3D fighters, a new installment means new looks (costumes) for the characters. It shows progression.
Old 2014-07-26, 20:20   Link #745
Xagzan

Quote:
Personally I feel Jin (and maybe Jun if she's going to appear) should have minimal involvement in this installment.
Well, they are his son and baby mama. It would be appropriate for them to have a decent sized role. Plus, the relationship between Jun and Kaz is still completely mysterious, so if she does return, I would hope that would be explored.

Also, I hope this one doesn't kill off more than one Mishima. Preferably Heihachi. Then Kaz and Jin can continue the feud. But to remove all Mishimas from the central plot would make Tekken...not Tekken.

Quote:
- Kazuya/Kazumi will NOT speak English in the final game. The English dub seen is only done for the sake of the trailer, the final game will have all the characters speak in their native language like in TTT2.
Oh thank god. I was really getting worried about that.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 20:50   Link #746
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Well, they are his son and baby mama. It would be appropriate for them to have a decent sized role. Plus, the relationship between Jun and Kaz is still completely mysterious, so if she does return, I would hope that would be explored.

Also, I hope this one doesn't kill off more than one Mishima. Preferably Heihachi. Then Kaz and Jin can continue the feud. But to remove all Mishimas from the central plot would make Tekken...not Tekken.
Yep. I want more of Jun too. I just hope they don't interfere too much with the Mishima feud.

Heihachi seems like he would die indeed, although I kinda doubt it since he and Kaz are the main face of Tekken . I'd rather have the story go into a new conflict after this one since the feud has been prolonged too long IMO or at least have a new and interesting development since the pattern has been quite similar between the games. Kinda feel sorry for Jinpachi and Lars since they felt like "wasted" for a Mishima descendant.

Speaking of making a new thread. Maybe we should wait at least until the platform is confirmed? (for the thread naming) although it's almost certain it'd be on PS4 and XBO due to Unreal 4 engine.

Here's a translation of Famitsu Interview with Harada regarding Tekken 7.

Last edited by Ryonea; 2014-07-27 at 05:49.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fighting game