AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 17 Rating
Perfect 10 5 21.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 34.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 8.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 4.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-12-01, 12:29   Link #201
linkjames24

Come with me if you want to live. -Tsuchimikado.

Oh Fran! You're such a delightful character!

Is that the status quo I'm seeing or what? Gosh, Othinus! I heard god implements these stuff but you sure work fast!

Oh! Index with her familiar bite and Mikoto with her electric blasts! Toaru is returning to the one in familiar with!

And what's this? Christmas came early and Kamachi-sama left with the parting words, "And this marks the end of the story revolving around Kamisato Kakeru."

Oh? Oh!

"This marks the end,"

Gasp.

"The end,"

Oh m f g!

"End!"

This is amazing! Sure that foil (?) will maybe show up like the other characters of the series, but given even Accelerator gets terrible treatment these days I can count on Kamachi-sama to put these characters into lessening cameos that eventually become mere name calls and then...

Vanish. Gone. Natta.

So awesome! All the Touma parts are good! The Magic Gods too! Oh that familiar head bite. I'm actually delighted by it. Let's hope for more head bites in the future! Orya!
linkjames24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-05, 10:12   Link #202
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Lurking around I found out that in the Murder Series there is a lot participation from crossover characters and that includes Fiamma whose Holy Right somehow can vanish people from the world sending them to a different one(World Rejector) and Aleister who currently picked his arm after it was severed.
Kuroageha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 10:42   Link #203
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Hmm, so that 5 seconds is the peaceful time Touma had gotten for his troubles, then whose the one to take that away! I could say it could be either Tsuchimakado and Fran, Yuiitsu, Or some other person maybe Luca?

I truly do hope that's the end of Kamisato's appearance of importance in this story. He was to much of a foil to Touma it was getting hard to read it.

Anybody else interested in that crossdressing girl ruler from Show Business? Hmm no? Just me? :/
I feel like her character was glossed over compared to the Trial Ruler, I know not every Ruler could be given time but it felt like Kamachi defined her character a bit too much so now I want to know more lol.
I guess it's like some other characters that are there receive dialog but then that's it nothing more imo like the Aikikawa Mei.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2016-12-12 at 13:45.
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 23:45   Link #204
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Lurking around I found out that in the Murder Series there is a lot participation from crossover characters and that includes Fiamma whose Holy Right somehow can vanish people from the world sending them to a different one(World Rejector) and Aleister who currently picked his arm after it was severed.
Wait, serious?
Link please.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-13, 10:49   Link #205
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Serious
http://murderseries.wikia.com/wiki/Fiamma_of_the_Right
Old 2016-12-13, 12:09   Link #206
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Damnit I need more Luca, she's funny.

But guys, Kamachi hinting about Yuiitsu's survival going any way could mean she's still alive, otherwise why all the secrecy? lol

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2016-12-13, 16:27   Link #207
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Because he thinks readers will really fall for it? Come on, nobody dies post Vol.15.
Old 2016-12-13, 17:57   Link #208
DragonXX

Quote:
Because he thinks readers will really fall for it? Come on, nobody dies post Vol.15.
That not true High Priest die in NT13. Can't really say the same thing for Noukan who may have a chance to come back at some point.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-13, 19:42   Link #209
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Didn't they said he might reappear again due to his special trait that made him different to other MGs?
Old 2016-12-13, 20:03   Link #210
DragonXX

Quote:
Didn't they said he might reappear again due to his special trait that made him different to other MGs?
No I think that was the Magic God Nephthys that have the special trait and it was how she embody the Crying Woman at Funeral and not just her myth of Egypt.
Old 2016-12-13, 22:10   Link #211
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Speaking of Nepthys, the Aeons seem to be Egyptian-ish? Hint to her being more important down the road? IF I'm remembering correctly.

Old 2016-12-13, 23:29   Link #212
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
No I think that was the Magic God Nephthys that have the special trait and it was how she embody the Crying Woman at Funeral and not just her myth of Egypt.
Six Paths is High Priest. Not Nephtys.
Old 2016-12-13, 23:50   Link #213
DragonXX

Quote:
Six Paths is High Priest. Not Nephtys.
No I don't think the Six Paths were ever call being a special traits that was important enough that could bring High Priest back.
Old 2016-12-14, 13:55   Link #214
vixyw

"And in that fateful day, Tsuchimikado shot Aleister." - Someone, XX/XX/XXXX - 12/14/2016
No, more than that, he unloaded a full cartige on him. Damn, that must have felt good after all this time. lol

As always, I'm a bit late to the party, but that doesn't even matter. HE JUST FREAKING SHOT ALEISTER. Dammit Motoharu-kun, are you trying to surpass Accel as my fav character or something? It really bought manly tears to my eyes and I had to clap. For 20 minutes. Non stop. It was just beutiful, really. That bastard deseved it.

This volume is now legendary, not just because of that, but the latter half as a whole was beyond awesome! Luca is an amazing character, Fran blowed my mind when she mentioned the Anglican Church, the spell to bring Kamisato back reminded me of OT spells... Oh, and not to mention Misaka. It happened in a different way than what I was expecting but it did not disapointed me. I thought she was done for a moment there (as if...)and she endured it out of her own will. She earned my respect.

The only sad thing was that Index and Othimus were so close to getting into the spotlight but it didn't happen. I wonder what would had happened if they had joined. Also, no word from Laura on this turn of events? Heck, screw her, What Birdway, Styil, Kanzaki and everyone else knows and thinks about this stuff? Tell me Kamachi!!!
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-17, 09:33   Link #215
Inept Forum User

Minor question regarding the image with Yuiitsu's game over; what would you say the primary motifs/attire of the two in the back are?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 02:19   Link #216
Ur-Procyon

What the hell? Tsuchimikado just fk'd Aleister up! Dude's street cred is through the roof! Best moment in this book.

Also, that comment toward romance of traveling faster than light... I do hope the author has something planned for that.
Ur-Procyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 12:58   Link #217
KiharaRonin

I'm guessing since Fran is still going to have a role, Kamisato will still have a role in the series just not as major. Regardless if this New Arc ends with a fight with Crowley or not, it wilk probably end with Fran and Kamisato getting together. I like Kamisato (rarity i know), so i do hope him and his faction keep a decent role. I'm pretty sure starting from NT19 someone from the Anglican Church will be called to AC. Maybe not Laura or an army, but Fran had to have friends in the Church who she'll probably call to AC. Fran and Tsuchimikado's action (especially because their acting without Laura's permission) will probably anger the Church. I'm pretty sure characters like Stiyl, Kanzaki, Itsuwa, etc will be back in the picture soon.

This was one of the most emotional volumes in all of ACMI history. Fran's situation isn't up there with Index's memory erasure, Misaka's mental breakdown over the sisters, Fremea's breakdown in NT1 or Othinus' "death" but it's still touching.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 15:56   Link #218
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I still want to know, what happened to Yuuitsu and Luca, kamachi trolled us with Yuuitsu at the very least about whether she's dead or not but Luca for sure just vanished. No mention of her when Kamisato comes back either.

Old 2017-01-13, 16:16   Link #219
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

...How about we let NT18 release first before questioning it? There wouldn't exactly be any sense of tension and curiosity if Kamachi just explained everything immediately.
Old 2017-01-13, 16:49   Link #220
KiharaRonin

Perhaps Luca is searching for Fran. Maybe she shows up at the end and shoots through Touma's window. Maybe that's the cliffhanger. As for Kihara Yuiitsu, Kamachi obviously has plans for her and left her fate ambiguous on purpose. Maybe Salome forced her to join the Kamisato Faction and is torturing her for revenge. Maybe she died. Perhaps she escaped and will appear later. We just have to wait and see.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote