AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-27, 14:48   Link #81
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
I am shocked that the other Super novas survived. The only reason i say this is because luffy would have never survived the Shabaody Archipelago arch if it weren't for Kuma and Silver Rayleigh. On top of that watching Admiral Kizaru beat some of the Supernovas without breaking a sweat left me thinking they were screwed. I was wrong to think just because they were rookies that they wouldn't survive. I am impressed with X Drake, Basil Hawkins, Scratchmen Apoo, and Urouge for surviving the battle with Kizaru and escaping. Basil Hawkins was right about his predictions about not dyeing that day.
We'd have likely seen them in impel down if they hadn't survived. Oda generally doesn't kill off anyone. If Ace dies he'll be the first to die in the present time line, ditto for white beard. It would make either deaths meaningful. I also want to point out Kizarau was after luffy, not the other super nova's, which makes their survival less surprising.
Quote:
I hope the some of the supernovas are going to war to. I wonder if luffy as learned to apply his haki with his attacks? Going against the top three admirals at once worse then Ore Jr. rushing into battle with the remaining Shichibukai move. If Luffy can free his brother, Supernovas do join the battle, and remaining Shichibukai screw the marines over then the tide of this battle could turn.
I think its probably likely ace is going to just die right in front of luffy's eyes. I don't think luffy's that powerful yet, and I think this arc is really there to force Luffy to realize he really needs power.
Old 2009-11-27, 17:58   Link #82
Casshern

Holy crap Luffy burst in there and swiftly proceeded to hand out some STFU pie to the admirals! I hope WB can save his ass next chapter.

Up untill now I had the impression that the WB crew hadn't let out it's "big guns" yet. The marines have been unleashing an onslaught of admirals, shichibukai and pacifista while the pirates fighting against these guys are mostly Luffy's own companions like Jinbei, Iva, Buggy and Croc. I expected that once WB took up arms he would fight Sengoku and have some of his commanders take on the admirals. But now WB is starting to fight and I still don't see who would be capable of taking on the admirals, unless WB is planning to fight Sengoku and the admirals alone.

As it is, the marines are easily holding off the pirates with little effort from the admirals. I don't see how they can win unless another factor gets involved, like Reyleigh, Shanks or Dragon.

And another thing, that was from the "Strong World" chapter, is that Garp should have been promoted to admiral several times even while Sengoku himself was still an admiral. I dunno but to me it seemed like a foreshadowing of Garp's own power. I think he might be almost as strong as Sengoku if not equal. I do expect that he'll be put in the position to choose between Luffy and the Marines.
Old 2009-11-27, 19:08   Link #83
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
As it is, the marines are easily holding off the pirates with little effort from the admirals. I don't see how they can win unless another factor gets involved, like Reyleigh, Shanks or Dragon.
WB commanders haven't even been fighting seriously yet.

And there are still the NW pirate captains and first mates...
Old 2009-11-28, 22:37   Link #84
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Regardless, the current situation still looks fairly bleak for the Pirates.
Old 2009-11-29, 22:38   Link #85
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
WB commanders haven't even been fighting seriously yet.

And there are still the NW pirate captains and first mates...
wot?
they have all been fighting this entire time... They have been squaring off with admirals, vice admirals and shickibukai... we saw the new world pirate captains with blood on their faces... they have been fighting seriously

This is NOT the normal kind of shonen fight, this is a war... if Oda took the time to showcase everyone of the commanders and the captains then this arc would go on for years... so he just has them charge out and it's implied that they have been fighting this whole time
Old 2009-11-29, 23:21   Link #86
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
wot?
LOL wot?

Anyway, when did we see anyone other then Marco and Jozu fight against the Admirals? We see Vista squaring off against Mihawk, Curiel against Moria and Atomos against Doflamingo...but we haven't see any of the NW captains fighting yet, not even a single pic.

We see Jimbei mention that the WB commanders have 'the strength of 10 men', so we can assume they are all formidable fighters. I expect that 3 of them can take on 1 admiral at the very least.

Quote:
implied that they have been fighting this whole time
Read what I said.

Maybe I should underline 'seriously' for you.
Old 2009-11-30, 00:47   Link #87
Slayerx

Quote:
but we haven't see any of the NW captains fighting yet, not even a single pic.
if you look through the chapters around where whitebeard got stabbed, you can see that Squardo and a few other captains with blood running down their faces....
So where do you think the blood and bruises on their faces came from? kinda bad if they are not fighting seriously and still getting hurt... even worse when their crews are getting massacred by the Kuma clones... ya, generally, when shonen characters do not fight seriously, they do NOT get injured; afterall the reason they are not fighting seriously is because the enemies they are fighting are too weak to hurt them

i mean really, the WB commanders and the NW captains charge out, and the Vice admirals and shichibukai step up right afterward and you don't think there was a massive clash?

Again, Oda does not have the time to showcase and spotlight every damn duel; especially when they are duels between minor characters... not to mention there are very likely not many duels going on as they probably just trade some blows and switch targets to the next imminent threat, so their is a constant changing of who's clashing with who instead of neat little one-on-ones (this is NOT bleach), and Oda can't possibly cover it all... if he did, this arc would have to get extended by a few months...

Quote:
We see Jimbei mention that the WB commanders have 'the strength of 10 men', so we can assume they are all formidable fighters. I expect that 3 of them can take on 1 admiral at the very least.
10 of what men? cause the average man in one piece is pretty damn weak =p
and that doesn't exactly take into account how strong the vice admirals are... They're not exactly wimps...

also, the answer was "7" (not including Marco, Jozu, and possibly Vista)... as that's how many of WB's commanders charged at kizaru... who came out of it just fine...

Last edited by Slayerx; 2009-11-30 at 01:18.
Old 2009-11-30, 02:18   Link #88
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
10 of what men? cause the average man in one piece is pretty damn weak =p
I assumed he was complimenting them.

FFS, they're commanders on the ship of the world's strongest man. I don't expect each and everyone of them to be able to fight on par with the likes of Mihawk or Kizaru..but I still don't think you should underestimate them. They are at the very least way stronger then Enies Lobby arc Luffy (i.e. without haki).

Quote:
also, the answer was "7" (not including Marco, Jozu, and possibly Vista)... as that's how many of WB's commanders charged at kizaru... who came out of it just fine...
We don't really know the battle went. Kizaru might have just dodged, or perhaps they were attacking someone else entirely?

Quote:
(this is NOT bleach)
I hate Bleach, lol
Old 2009-11-30, 09:35   Link #89
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

You guys should wait for the anime, When these fights will be more detailed.
Old 2009-11-30, 10:30   Link #90
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
You guys should wait for the anime, When these fights will be more detailed.
Unfortunately One Piece anime quality is very unstable, some episodes are breath takingly amazing and some disgustingly bad and well paced.

I enjoy more reading manga than watching anime. One piece voice actors are amazing and soundtrack brilliant but animation varies alot.

This war is not over yet, but I think we are getting close to grand finale.
Old 2009-11-30, 19:29   Link #91
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
FFS, they're commanders on the ship of the world's strongest man. I don't expect each and everyone of them to be able to fight on par with the likes of Mihawk or Kizaru..but I still don't think you should underestimate them. They are at the very least way stronger then Enies Lobby arc Luffy (i.e. without haki).
The only division commanders we know of for a certainty that are stronger than Luffy are Marco, Jozu, and Vista. Besides them, the others haven't had enough panel time to show what they can really do, so it's speculation to say the rest are stronger than Luffy.
Old 2009-11-30, 22:56   Link #92
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Luffy has got heart! All three admirals staring him down, and then he attackes them. That's spunk, but someone will save him no doubt.
Old 2009-11-30, 23:07   Link #93
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The only division commanders we know of for a certainty that are stronger than Luffy are Marco, Jozu, and Vista. Besides them, the others haven't had enough panel time to show what they can really do, so it's speculation to say the rest are stronger than Luffy.

Well, wouldn't Ace count, as well? He's technically still kinda green himself, but I think he already proved himself to be a pirate of a higher caliber than his little bro (for now, anyway).....
Old 2009-11-30, 23:44   Link #94
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, wouldn't Ace count, as well? He's technically still kinda green himself, but I think he already proved himself to be a pirate of a higher caliber than his little bro (for now, anyway).....
Oh, I don't doubt this at all. I was just referring to the commanders besides Ace, since we already knew that he is still more powerful than Luffy.
Old 2009-12-01, 13:23   Link #95
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Of course its speculation.

I'm not saying I know for sure, but I believe it to be so and I believe there to be enough evidence to derive this conclusion logically.
Old 2009-12-01, 15:42   Link #96
ellifeedn
Thinker

I've kept hearing how WB will meet his end in this battle, which looks very likely. After some thought something grabbed my attention: what will happen to his body? I doubt his crew and allies will allow his corpse to fall into the hands of the WG and I don't think having the fish of the ocean eat it up is very respectable. So what kind of funeral would be appropriate for the ruler of the sea?
Old 2009-12-01, 17:10   Link #97
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

If his ship wasn't already destroyed, I'd think they'd set it ablaze and set him and the ship off to drift. Maybe they'll make another ship, or someone will volunteer their ship and they'll send him off like that.
Old 2009-12-01, 18:13   Link #98
SMASHERJACKSON

how long does it take for the dam spoilers to come out? almost mid week
Old 2009-12-01, 21:24   Link #99
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
how long does it take for the dam spoilers to come out? almost mid week
pheh, i say you do yourself a favor and just wait until the full scanlation is out.... its WAY more satisfying to read
Old 2009-12-05, 16:31   Link #100
SMASHERJACKSON

on page 5 one of the supernovas calls out Father when WB is mentioned
Closed Thread