AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 65 58.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 32.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 4.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-15, 10:40   Link #81
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

This episode had all kinds of you know what hitting the fan. Good stuff all around.

Saber's attack looks oh so more impressive with this high end animation. God was it glorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
my biggest question is

HOW DOES GILGAMESH STAY ON HIS THRONE WITHOUT A SEATBELT
Maybe he ate some gyrosphere treasure and now he has achieved complete equilibrium, who the heck cares he is Gilgamesh! Always best not to question his greatness. Not that a seatbelt would have changed his balance at all.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 10:45   Link #82
kitten320

Kariya is weak, how on earth did he become a master and gain an interest of an ass kicking priest?
Old 2012-04-15, 10:48   Link #83
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The Grail doesn't judge the candidates on their skills but rather their value as beings in fact (hence why Kirei regained his command spells).
To begin with, as explained before, Kariya is no real magus: he doesn't have any magic circuit and turned his back to the Matou, so having a makeshift magic circuit with the crest worms is only good enough to be a "battery" for Berserker, although at a steep price.

And it is exactly despite this huge handicap, hardship but still a strong conviction and will that kirei took interest in him.
Old 2012-04-15, 11:07   Link #84
GDB

I think he does have magic circuits, actually. Isn't that why Zouken lamented that he ran away from the world of magic, leaving him with just his brother who had no talent at all? It's just that Kariya never trained as a magus, and never developed the circuits that he does have. So basically he had to use the worms to do years worth of circuit training in a month or whatever.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 11:09   Link #85
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

He does, I actually forgot to put a "trained/refined" adjective in my initial post OTZ. Crest Worms play a role of expanding the MC, but also filling the gap at the same time.
Old 2012-04-15, 11:17   Link #86
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Kariya is weak, how on earth did he become a master and gain an interest of an ass kicking priest?
It's hard to say since part of it requires knowing what Kotomine is like in the visual novel (so you're better off asking in the Q&A thread) but a part of it is also explained when Kotomine is talking to Gilgamesh about Kariya so it's best to review that scene again. In any case it will most likely make itself more apparent towards the end anyway so you could just consider it a mystery for now too.

However I don't think it's a spoiler to say that Kotomine's interest in Kariya has absolutely nothing to do with how strong Kariya actually is.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 11:41   Link #87
klare

maybe Kirei likes guys with white hair^^

King Gil just lost another treasure, an ancient flying throne... Lancer also lost one of his spears, that could put him in disadvantage
Old 2012-04-15, 11:47   Link #88
Vicious108

Quote:
Since when does Kirei measure his interest in someone by how physically strong they are? His reasons for being obsessed with Kiritsugu have all been psychological as well.

But to understand his interest in Kariya better, it would have probably be a good idea to watch the BD version of episode 12, as they went into more detail in it than in the TV cut.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 12:07   Link #89
matapat

Quote:
It was explained in the previous season. Kariya, unique among all masters, has nothing personal to gain from winning the Grail War. He's doing it for completely selfless and self-sacrificing reasons, to free Sakura from Zouken. He's dying because of the crest worm implants, and the only way to save himself is to use the Grail's wish to do so, but he won't, he'll use it for what Zouken wants to free Sakura. Thus he is the only master who is doomed regardless of his victory or defeat.

Kotomine, who is psychologically warped and his brain is wired that he doesn't gain pleasure from helping other people like he was taught to by his father and the church. Rather, he enjoys watching others suffer, he'd been in denial about this at the start of the season and found feeling like that morally repugnant, but Gilgamesh woke him up to his true self, and his "smiling" as he was reviving Kariya just to see him suffer more reflects that.
matapat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 12:31   Link #90
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

The real question is how did Ryunosuke end up being a master.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 12:39   Link #91
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
He was the filler Master. Tokiomi said in the very first episode that the Masters the Grail chooses last are almost always the weakest ones. So Ryuunosuke basically ended up being a Master just so they could get the damn thing started already.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 13:26   Link #92
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
He was the filler Master. Tokiomi said in the very first episode that the Masters the Grail chooses last are almost always the weakest ones. So Ryuunosuke basically ended up being a Master just so they could get the damn thing started already.
And I believe his ancestors were mages. He found the book detailing familiar summoning in his house.
Old 2012-04-15, 13:35   Link #93
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
There's not much I can add to what others have already noted except:

1) I love how it doesn't feel like a single moment is wasted in this episode, but at the same time the plot movements are easy to follow. So it's neither too slow, or too rushed, just perfectly right.

2) Lots of great character moments all around. Gen deserves top marks for using the Holy Grail war has an excellent vehicle for multiple intriguing character studies. Now that these character studies are accentuated by explosive action scenes, they take upon them a greater drama and depth for me.

3) Good to see some real progression in the Holy Grail war, and I liked how Rider proclaimed that it would all come down to him vs. Gilgamesh. That was a bit arrogant of Rider, perhaps, but I also like how that shows that the competitive focus is starting to really tighten now.
Old 2012-04-15, 14:06   Link #94
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

my eyes are bleeding from how beautiful this episode was. when rider and archer were talking about Saber, i couldn't help but feel sad for her, because everything they said was true. but it made me smile because of the events of fsn. Caster's end was also surprisingly tragic. at least he saw Jeanne one last time.

and next ep, looks like we get our Lancer and Saber showdown!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:50   Link #95
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Random thoughts:

I never thought that a spear could be snapped in half by hand this easily
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:59   Link #96
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
my biggest question is

HOW DOES GILGAMESH STAY ON HIS THRONE WITHOUT A SEATBELT
Easy. He's Gilgamesh

Wondeful epi, everything was great. The scene with the light of Excalibur was just beautiful, espc falling around Saber's face.

God I love Lancer. Next epi is gonna be painful I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc chaos
For being kinda odd man out, I think Ryunosuke enjoyed himself the most in his short time as Master and probably had the best fit to his Servant of all of the Masters.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 15:07   Link #97
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Random thoughts:

I never thought that a spear could be snapped in half by hand this easily
That's because it is his own noble phantasm. If it could snap that easily, even Saber's Invisible Air would have sliced it like butter during their first battle.
Old 2012-04-15, 15:16   Link #98
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Hahaha. I'm interested to see the people's reaction when they watch the conclusion of Lancer's and Saber's showdown, although it totally depends on how well they could animate their facial expressions (which should not be a problem). If this goes on my username is probably going to morph into Kotomine Kirei. The utter disregard of moral grounds is what I totally love from the Fate series.

And I don't think that Caster's ending was tragic. If you compare between dying a crazed madman who has lost whatever sight and belief he had when he was human, and to be able see again (or recall) the light and person he love, it was the absolute best ending Caster could've gotten. He found salvation in the end.

Though I could not say the same to the next character to die in the series.

Btw, the author of Fate/Zero is not Nasu, but a tragedy author that Nasu looked up to and adore. Thus it was rather surprising how well they had Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night fit with each others. Nasu mentioned in the Author's Notes that this friend author of his, for all of his overflowing writing talent, has lost his sight to see a better future and outcome in humanity. Thus all of the author's stories consisted of tragedies and black ends... He hoped that one day his friend could see them again.

Random rantings below.

Spoiler for F/SN bad end spoiler:
Old 2012-04-15, 16:11   Link #99
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

^Could you expand on that bad end? I don't know what you mean by instantly clear.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 16:13   Link #100
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
For being kinda odd man out, I think Ryunosuke enjoyed himself the most in his short time as Master and probably had the best fit to his Servant of all of the Masters.
Probably because he's the only one who didn't use a relic (not counting Assassin, because Assassin is Assassin), so the Grail did a compatibility matchup. Everyone else used relics, so they get whoever they chose, regardless of how well they match up.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote