AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 21:20   Link #401
karuroso

Wait!? Did Natsumi almost said at the end what I think it might be? So yurilicious that last scene before the ed
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 21:55   Link #402
Kitsu Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Wait!? Did Natsumi almost said at the end what I think it might be? So yurilicious that last scene before the ed
You can bet!

Spoiler for epi 8:

Oh god,my prediction is going to be right, let's go Sunrise, give us a confection, a Kiss, a you know what girl do tonight together
After this, I hope Rin confess too and save Yuuka of the boys.

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 21:59   Link #403
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep8:
I had to stop after that scene and laugh. This ep takes the cake for the best QUALITY.

It was a good thing the ep itself was decent.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 00:00   Link #404
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I had to stop after that scene and laugh. This ep takes the cake for the best QUALITY.

It was a good thing the ep itself was decent.
Yeah, quite a shame this episode had this eye-bleeding Quality .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 01:29   Link #405
Utsuro no Hako

If I was a member of Sphere, I'd be insulted by the quality of animation. It's like the studio isn't even trying to make the show look mediocre.

Also, isn't it odd that this episode was the first really gratuitous insert song? Up until this point, they've integrated the songs into the story instead of going with the in-your-face buy-the-soundtrack approach. At the start of the show, I expected a musical montage in every episode.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:16   Link #406
Marina2

Well, If I saw that my show won't do well inBD/DVD selling, I probably lose a lot of motivation to make it high quality too. LOL

If you don't know, according to Amazon ranking at 15 May 2012, this show has the lowest number of booking in this sesaon* with 12 BD and 453 DVD, the highest being Nyaruko with 5,781 BD and 767 DVD

note: *This ranking only listed 27 animes which already opened for booking

BUT I still love this show anyway ^^

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-05-26 at 03:07. Reason: Rewrtie sentense to avoid confusion
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:32   Link #407
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
If you don't know, at 15 May 2012, this show has the lowest number of booking in this sesaon
Uh, wow. If I had to venture a guess as to which Spring 2012 series scored the lowest in DVD sales, it sure as hell wouldn't have been this one. Why are shows about cute girls an instant recipe for success for pretty much every series except this one? :/ Especially considering that Natsuiro Kiseki's a good show and deserves success.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 02:56   Link #408
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Uh, wow. If I had to venture a guess as to which Spring 2012 series scored the lowest in DVD sales, it sure as hell wouldn't have been this one. Why are shows about cute girls an instant recipe for success for pretty much every series except this one? :/ Especially considering that Natsuiro Kiseki's a good show and deserves success.
Opp, sorry I left out little details

Read my post again for a additional detail

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-05-26 at 03:08.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 03:12   Link #409
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Why are shows about cute girls an instant recipe for success for pretty much every series except this one?
Because one of the girls likes a guy? And if the surfer who appeared at the end of this episode ends up being a boy too you can expect even crappier sales.

It doesn't really matter to me, but I think it's the typical respond from the Japanese fandom for this kind of series.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-05-30 at 16:22.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 04:26   Link #410
Sol Falling

Quote:
Well, If I saw that my show won't do well inBD/DVD selling, I probably lose a lot of motivation to make it high quality too. LOL

If you don't know, according to Amazon ranking at 15 May 2012, this show has the lowest number of booking in this sesaon* with 12 BD and 453 DVD, the highest being Nyaruko with 5,781 BD and 767 DVD

Uh, but Natsuiro Kiseki's BD isn't being listed on Amazon. You can't actually preorder it except from the show's own website. Natsuiro Kiseki's presence on the list is the result of a glitch/mistake (preorders were opened like a couple hours on one day) because (I believe) Natsuiro Kiseki is part of the Amazon Bluray strike that Aniplex is doing.

Given Natsuiro Kiseki's DVD ranking, it's actually one of the higher sellers of this season. My personal expectation is that it's somewhere around Saki/Achiga levels, although we have yet to see if Aniplex's Amazon strike (by which quite a number of shows are affected) might have any negative consequences.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 06:24   Link #411
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm pretty sure the surfer isn't a boy. The preview showed someone that looked like the surfer, and she had some babylons lol.

edit: Nevermind, both characters have different eye colors.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 16:23   Link #412
inisipis

After the superb episode that we had last week, Sunrise pulled in their B grade animators and handed them some ugly pencil sticks for episode 8. It's a great shame though the story was both emotionally intriguing and amusing at the same time with dramatic nuances that pushes the plot a lot of the whole series as we find the girls on this actual journey that focus the fun dynamic friendship that they have as well as the sad impending conclusion of it, with Saki's expected departure.

My votes still out on whether the surfer is a dude our a dudette, very hard to tell especially with that noticeable disparity between the artwork in this episode and to those in next weeks preview that show a girl with the mounds that Yuuka seems surprised to see(why is she surprised?). Especially with a Saki's 'one eye jump' scene and their bloated faces on a another in this episode don't instill much confidence.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 12:25   Link #413
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
You can bet!

Spoiler for epi 8:

Oh god,my prediction is going to be right, let's go Sunrise, give us a confection, a Kiss, a you know what girl do tonight together
After this, I hope Rin confess too and save Yuuka of the boys.
My yuri goggles lost it on this scene , though I am enjoying the emotional stuff being show for Saki, I can relate to and understand her trying to ignore her own desires for the sake of her family/dad's dream.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 16:16   Link #414
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

Yeah it's funny that this seems to be the case for this show because Accel World honestly looks fantastic and so do like 90% of Sunrise's produced shows, but when they don't look good they really don't look good and there's usually a reason. I think it probably is the case though that the budget got slashed because after it became clear that Gundam Age wasn't doing so hot for Blu-Ray sales that show started looking not-so hot and it seems to be the case for this one as well.

Also if the Japanese fans actually expected a straight moe moe wish-fulfillment show from Sunrise that doesn't break any of moe otakudom's self-imposed taboos and which lacks any sort of twists or drama and just sticks to the moe moe then I find that expectation kind of amusing. Sunrise is a studio full of ambitious producers who rarely seem content to just allow a project to wing it on the storyline front so to speak for better or worse. I'm sure people have heard the stories of how they like to intervene when they feel a project isn't meeting their standards and goals. Personally I don't think that moe fandom is a demographic that this particular company can do well in revenue wise even though they seem to be gunning for it since it's basically one that demands you relax most of your instincts for creativity and creative license and just give the fanbase what it wants.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 02:39   Link #415
gaiar31

Spoiler:
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 14:00   Link #416
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Girls' Life 09 - How Not to Be Seen:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 14:15   Link #417
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for @the surfer:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-05-31 at 15:14.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 14:19   Link #418
Midonin
Last Engage

My mistake, then.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 16:38   Link #419
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler for @the surfer:
Spoiler for episode:
Old 2012-05-31, 20:21   Link #420
Marina2

Ep.9

I can't believe they use one of my favorite plot/style in H-dojin for this ep.

Spoiler for What am I talking about:

Good job 10/10 (For plot alone)

Tags
seinen, slice of life, supernatural