AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 14:39   Link #21
Raviel

Can new players log in to SAO besides the original people who were trapped in the game?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:43   Link #22
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Can new players log in to SAO besides the original people who were trapped in the game?
Spoiler for Answer:
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:47   Link #23
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Spoiler for Answer:
Thanks, one last question, how are the stats of a character in SAO determined?

I did a bit of reading about the show/LN before and got the impression a player's own physical abilities factor into what sort of stats and skills their in-game character got.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:54   Link #24
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Thanks, one last question, how are the stats of a character in SAO determined?

I did a bit of reading about the show/LN before and got the impression a player's own physical abilities factor into what sort of stats and skills their in-game character got.
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2012-07-07, 15:09   Link #25
Deltaray

Spoiler for Stats:
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 03:35   Link #26
kyp275
Meh

Spoiler for Stats & Skills:
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 04:07   Link #27
tyrionlannister

Why doesn't the government kill/arrest the creator? If he has some kind of dead man's switch, why don't they hack his servers or disable them physically while at the same time taking off the headsets?
tyrionlannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 04:48   Link #28
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Does anyone know how many episodes SAO is scheduled to go for? 26?
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 05:56   Link #29
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrionlannister View Post
Why doesn't the government kill/arrest the creator? If he has some kind of dead man's switch, why don't they hack his servers or disable them physically while at the same time taking off the headsets?
Spoiler for Creator/Server/Helmet Info:
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 06:54   Link #30
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
Does anyone know how many episodes SAO is scheduled to go for? 26?
All we know is that it's 2 cour.
Old 2012-07-08, 16:00   Link #31
Shadow5YA

So how actually are these players supposed to survive? I know they're supposed to play through the game and all, but how are they going to take care of their bodies in real life?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 16:06   Link #32
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So how actually are these players supposed to survive? I know they're supposed to play through the game and all, but how are they going to take care of their bodies in real life?
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2012-07-09, 05:26   Link #33
novalysis

Do SOA have classes, or is this a Classless game where only stats distribution and innate combat ability determines power?

What about Non-combat skills? Is skilling a viable route in SOA, and if so, what skills are there?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 05:48   Link #34
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Do SOA have classes, or is this a Classless game where only stats distribution and innate combat ability determines power?

What about Non-combat skills? Is skilling a viable route in SOA, and if so, what skills are there?
SOA don't have classes. Your chosen skills determine your combat ability

Naming Skills from the top of my head:

1 Handed Straight Sword
Curved Sword
Maces
Lances
Dagger
Bow
Shield
Polearms
Axes
Throwing Weapon
Katana
Rapier
2 Hander Blade
Unarmed Fighting
Battle Continuation (Basically a hp regen. it's slow, but better than nothing. Super high lvl skill. Acquire by taking a LOT of damage throughout your gameplay)
Hiding
Detection
Trap Removal
Blacksmithing
Sewing
Fishing
Cooking
Appraisal

and that's the one I can remember without thinking too hard.

You level up these skill by doing them. Using a sword skill or generally attacking an enemy with a weapon will lvl up that weapon skill level.

Some of the skills have hidden parameters to be unlocked. For example, Katana is an offset from curved sword. But the thing is, it's a bit random(?) as not everyone who leveled their Curved Sword will unlock Katana. That is called an extra skill.
Kirito mentioned only about 10 people unlocked Katana for their skill set.

There's also something called an unique skill... but that's a bit too early to discuss atm.

So by levelling these skills, and putting stats points in the right status, you build your own character. Either as Dps or Tank or in between. Kirito is a full blown DPS by the way. I think his build is mostly str and a generous dex also and enough in const.

Last edited by maelstormCaT; 2012-07-09 at 06:01.
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 06:17   Link #35
novalysis

What other skills would contribute to the production of HP recovery items? I would assume that HP recovery items are in very high demand.

Do skillers appear in SAO too? (I did speculate alot about how non-beta players may have been better off starting off with skilling in the first week, in the first episode thread)

It'd also suggest that those specializing in bows may be better off investing in dexterity (running from monsters to gain distance), whatever stats improve evasion and bow damage, enough in Constitution not to die from hypothetical range monsters, etc.

What's Asuna's build? I presume cooking is one of the stats she invested much in, judging by the Op.

Thanks alot.
Old 2012-07-09, 06:35   Link #36
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
What other skills would contribute to the production of HP recovery items? I would assume that HP recovery items are in very high demand.

Do skillers appear in SAO too? (I did speculate alot about how non-beta players may have been better off starting off with skilling in the first week, in the first episode thread)

It'd also suggest that those specializing in bows may be better off investing in dexterity (running from monsters to gain distance), whatever stats improve evasion and bow damage, enough in Constitution not to die from hypothetical range monsters, etc.

What's Asuna's build? I presume cooking is one of the stats she invested much in, judging by the Op.

Thanks alot.
Asuna is a dex build with some str due to her use of a rapier and light metal armour. Her cooking is maxed though.
There are no bows in SAO mentioned in the series, dex is use to increase speed of movement and agility whilst str increase. Well strength.
The only healing skill known is "Battle Healing" achieved by taking damage
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 07:12   Link #37
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Asuna is a dex build with some str due to her use of a rapier and light metal armour. Her cooking is maxed though.
There are no bows in SAO mentioned in the series, dex is use to increase speed of movement and agility whilst str increase. Well strength.
The only healing skill known is "Battle Healing" achieved by taking damage
How else is healing done? Are there potions and such to recover HP, or are there no other HP recovery measures sort of Battle Healing?
Old 2012-07-09, 07:13   Link #38
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
How else is healing done? Are there potions and such to recover HP, or are there no other HP recovery measures sort of Battle Healing?
Spoiler for reply:

Last edited by Ray; 2012-07-09 at 07:37. Reason: accuracy fix
Old 2012-07-09, 07:29   Link #39
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Spoiler for reply:
Thanks again.

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-07-09, 07:32   Link #40
maelstormCaT

OBJECTION!

I'm quite certain insta heal items does not exist in SOA.
Even the expensive healing crystal only allow for a fast hp regen, back to full in a good 10 seconds or so. Heal pots heals even slower.
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a