AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 11:00   Link #601
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
1. In a world where people have special powers...
2. Homra, a gang whose members can manipulate fire and are led by Suou Mikoto are looking for someone, and are pissed off at him enough to destroy buildings and beat people up to find him.
3. Following a lead Homra attack a guy but it appears he knows nothing. Meanwhile, Septer 4 (led by Munakata Reishi), enemies of Homra appear and the two groups fight off-screen. The fight involves two huge-ass swords summoned by the groups' collective powers. Septer 4 presumably wins and captures Mikoto.
4. Our main character, Isana Yashiro (nickname Shiro) is seemingly an ordinary high school student. He goes on an errand for the student council, but a Homra gang member notices Shiro and identifies him as the guy they're looking for. Homra members start chasing him.
5. In the end Homra corners Shiro but in the last minute he is saved by Yatogami Kurou (nicknamed Black Dog) who whisks him away into safety...
6. Except it turns out Kurou also wants to kill him as per his late master's last wish.
7. Homra release the video on the basis of which they're chasing Shiro: a psycho version of him killing someone named Kaji Yuuki Totsuka Tatara, who, as the OP tells us, was a member of Homra and is likely going to be a key person in the plot.
8. Shiro kind of admits being the same person as shown on the video.
9. DUN DUN DUUUUNN! Is Shiro really that psycho from the video? Who was Tatara and why did he have to die? Why isn't Shiro psycho anymore? (or... is he?!) Why does Septer 4 care? Is there a point in keeping a flame user whose power can melt metal chained up in a wooden building? Tune in next Friday to find out in the next episode of "K"!
10. In the next episode, Shiro's white cat turns into a naked girl (no, really).

Note, I don't have access to secret production materials, I concluded all this from watching the episode.
You miss out that Kurou's master is also the former 7th King btw

Quote:
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like the coloring style is kind of similar to Mardock scramble’s?
Same here...I'm beginning to think it's the same team that made Mardock....
Old 2012-10-10, 11:02   Link #602
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Isn't the naked girl also the cat?
Since we haven't seen a transformation or had any dialog references yet, I would say that it hasn't been confirmed in the show at this point but is highly likely.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:15   Link #603
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Minor correction which may or may not become important. According to the translation, Shiro didn't kind of admit to being the same person but rather that he kind of admitted he looks like the person on the video. Thus opening up the possibility of twins or clones, etc., in addition to the possibility that he might in fact be the person in the video.
FWIW he says "yeah, it would seem so [that I'm the same person]" which leans more toward confirmation to me, but this is why I wrote that Shiro "kind of" admits being the same person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
You left out 2 things that I think are important. (1) Shiro appears to be able to communicate with the white cat. (2) A ghost girl is floating around the high school that none of the students can see but the robot cleaners can. (Whether Shiro can see her is unknown at this time.)
I don't remember Shiro communicating with the cat, though? Maybe he can, but their interaction was more like the usual "anime critter appears to be able to communicate with people" thing. (Then again, the cat is apparently human in a way, so...) As for the "ghost girl" that is the cat. ^^;; Somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You miss out that Kurou's master is also the former 7th King btw
And his name is Miwa Ichigen and apparently he liked to write poetry... but I didn't want to complicate things, apparently this is difficult enough to follow for some people...

Quote:
Isn't the naked girl also the cat?
Well, she is called Neko, so I'll be surprised if she doesn't turn out to be the cat.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:17   Link #604
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Or that Shiro himself MAY be a King....now that is the only possibly confusing thing I can think of here
Old 2012-10-10, 11:23   Link #605
LKK

Quote:
I don't remember Shiro communicating with the cat, though? Maybe he can, but their interaction was more like the usual "anime critter appears to be able to communicate with people" thing. (Then again, the cat is apparently human in a way, so...)
Difference in interpretation, I suppose. I felt that their "discussions" went further than the usual person/animal "talk" into a full-fledged understanding of each other. But that may be due to me reading more into their scenes than I should have.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:24   Link #606
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So the story is about Shiro and the women that surround him?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:26   Link #607
kuromitsu

Quote:
Or that Shiro himself MAY be a King....now that is the only possibly confusing thing I can think of here
That's actually pretty likely: the poem (by his late master) Kurou listens to talks about the shadow of a king, Kurou says his mission is to kill the "evil king" and then psycho!Shiro also rants about how he's the 7th, Colorless King (as everyone else seems to have a color, re: Mikoto and Reishi are Red & Blue Kings).

Quote:
So the story is about Shiro and the women that surround him?
Probably not, but we'll find out? In any case the classmate girl is apparently not important enough to make it into the OP. (Red & Blue, however, are featured quite prominently so they'll likely have big roles.)
Old 2012-10-10, 11:29   Link #608
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Yup....

Other possibility besides Shiro's Evil TwinTM being that the "king of evil" refers to a tyrant usurper IE someone not a King but who usurped that role rather than an actual King. Which could explain why he has no legion or territories and such...plus it's highly likely he offed the former 7th King
Old 2012-10-10, 14:56   Link #609
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Yup....

Other possibility besides Shiro's Evil TwinTM being that the "king of evil" refers to a tyrant usurper IE someone not a King but who usurped that role rather than an actual King. Which could explain why he has no legion or territories and such...plus it's highly likely he offed the former 7th King
So we're looking at another title that is using Hamlet as an inspiration?
Old 2012-10-11, 02:04   Link #610
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
So... the premise/plot of this series after an episode is whatever.jpg. Characters are also not really doing anything either. I like class and style and all, but I think they went a bit too far even for me since they are trying so hard to be "cool" it comes off as incredibly cheesy . However, I'll give it a few episodes before giving it the ultimatum.

However... in terms of visuals, holy mother of god. Am I watching a movie here or a TV series, because it's seriously off the charts. Makes Hanasaku Iroha, Guilty Crown, Fate/Zero and Hyouka visuals look B-grade. Where the hell did Go-Hands come from and where the hell did they get this budget? I don't recall Mardock Scramble being that successful in Japan... granted that show also looked damn pretty.

So yeh, I'll admit it. I'm watching this purely from a visual point of view because even if the production values slightly fall off from the pilot episode, it's still going to be EASILY the anime with the best visuals of this year on the TV side.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 02:07   Link #611
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And imagine that godlike animation quality on HD.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 02:24   Link #612
kuromitsu

I just hope they didn't blow all their money on the first episode, and they'll be able to keep this quality for the rest of the series... the shortness (only 13 eps) and apparently stellar budget make me optimistic, but I'm also a bit worried.

Btw, something I'm wondering about: after the end credits, during the preview for ep 2 there's a little song in the background, definitely sung by Namikawa Daisuke. It's not the ending song because that's also sung by Angela, so what is it? Have they prepared image songs already?
Old 2012-10-11, 05:59   Link #613
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Now that I think about, we have the genre "cute girls doing cute stuff" for boys, so there ought to be the genre "cool guys doing cool stuff" for girls... technically speaking this is like K-On! for girls
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 12:49   Link #614
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Now that I think about, we have the genre "cute girls doing cute stuff" for boys, so there ought to be the genre "cool guys doing cool stuff" for girls... technically speaking this is like K-On! for girls

What the hell lol
so k-on for girls , k for boys... humm

Okay well , it's the story kinda serious or it's slice of life with boys battling over some stupid stuff ?
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 13:32   Link #615
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 14:00   Link #616
ElCachicamo

The visuals were very impressive in the first episode.
ElCachicamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 15:27   Link #617
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
If K-ON involved a bunch of fights with superpowers that defy reality and a neko girl that only appears naked throughout the anime. Why can't people just accept that this show tries to appeal to BOTH audiences? I'm a guy, and I'm watching this for the cool/stylized fights.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 15:40   Link #618
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
If K-ON involved a bunch of fights with superpowers that defy reality and a neko girl that only appears naked throughout the anime. Why can't people just accept that this show tries to appeal to BOTH audiences? I'm a guy, and I'm watching this for the cool/stylized fights.
Yeah it's pretty much a double standard isn't it. For me it's sort of the same enjoyment I got out of watching the second episode of that Chuuni show or even Horizon on The Middle of Nowhere which had a pretty similar thing going on in it's early episodes. Brainless fun that emphasizes style over substance and over the top characters engaging in over the top hyper-kinetic fights with great animation. Eventually Horizon would get pretty involved on the plot front too though as time went on.

Maybe it's because I'm a huge super robot fan where that sort of thing is perfectly okay, but I find I get a lot of enjoyment out of these kinds of shows even if they aren't exactly the deepest on the plot and character front. I have plenty of other shows this season that fill that want that I can accept if K and the like aren't going to fit into that category.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 15:45   Link #619
kuromitsu

Ep 2 - OK I don't even... what the hell? XDD

Spoiler for ep 2:

By the way, this ep gave the answer to what song was Namikawa singing during the preview for ep 2: Angela also sings it in this ep, but it does seem to be an image song because the preview for ep 3 has another song, and if my ears aren't deceiving me this time it's performed by Ono Daisuke (Kurou).

My favorite part:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oh, Kurou... XD

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-10-11 at 15:59.
Old 2012-10-11, 17:34   Link #620
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:

My favorite part:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oh, Kurou... XD
Oh yes! I was laughing each time they showed that. Poor Kurou.XD

Also, this is the first time in an anime I've seen where someone refers to themselves using wagahai.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural