AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-12, 08:32   Link #641
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Kurou has a higher tendency to show emotions, though. Futayo's more cavewoman-like.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 09:00   Link #642
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Now I've lost it.
XDDDD

This is priceless.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 09:32   Link #643
whitecloud

is shiro like allen from d.grayman? who has another sleeping personality inside his body? just like allen has the 14th shiro has the 7th king...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 09:34   Link #644
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Hmm, it suddenly turned into a comedy show in Episode 2. Not that it isn't any good, but not really my cup of tea.

But I'm staying because Kurou, Shiro and Neko are hilarious and adorable. I wonder why nobody else but Shiro and Kuro can see Neko though - also, I'm still wondering, why did Kurou save Shiro only to want to kill him? Is it the whole samurai-ish thing about "I MUST KILL HIM WITH MY OWN HANDS"? Also I never knew that Shiro didn't know about Neko...
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 09:52   Link #645
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I love Neko. It helps she's voiced by Mikako Komatsu (Marika Kato in Bodacious Space Pirates).

PS:I found it annoying that Animax Asia is cutting scenes showing Neko when she's naked.
Old 2012-10-12, 09:57   Link #646
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
PS:I found it annoying that Animax Asia is cutting scenes showing Neko when she's naked.
But then pretty much none of her scenes are left, right?
Old 2012-10-12, 10:05   Link #647
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Suddenly the episode is 5 minutes long. And has no ending.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:04   Link #648
LKK

Episode 2 was absurd. But it's the kind of absurd that delights me, so I had a grand time watching it. So far this series is 2 for 2 in my book and is rapidly qualifying as a season top-tier level candidate.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 11:09   Link #649
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Hmm, it suddenly turned into a comedy show in Episode 2. Not that it isn't any good, but not really my cup of tea.

But I'm staying because Kurou, Shiro and Neko are hilarious and adorable. I wonder why nobody else but Shiro and Kuro can see Neko though - also, I'm still wondering, why did Kurou save Shiro only to want to kill him? Is it the whole samurai-ish thing about "I MUST KILL HIM WITH MY OWN HANDS"? Also I never knew that Shiro didn't know about Neko...
Yeah this kind of threw me off and now I'm not really sure how to view the show anymore. I think I'll give it a couple more episodes and decide for myself, but if it hasn't committed to a more stable tone and plotline by then I don't see much reason to continue.

That said I assume it's going to be about finding out what the real deal with Shiro is and whether he's the person in the video or not. I also hope there's some form of exposition as to why there's a naked trickster cat girl running around protecting the guy from harm. This episode had the chance to address that and some other things but opted to end on the note of them all cooking a meal for each other, which again just made it feel a little meandering and like not as much was accomplished as one would expect from a second episode in terms of exposition.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 11:44   Link #650
ookamigirl

Yashiro in a serious pinch.
That kid really was playing those guys.
Just like a twisted game of tag ^^
Don't get why would he antagonize his persuers any further.
Transforming Neko's tricks were kinda funny.
There sure were some interesting situations this time.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 12:16   Link #651
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

So the hot naked chick turns out to be the cat that was attached to him all along. That pretty much guarantees he gets her. Lucky bastard.
Old 2012-10-12, 15:19   Link #652
Bombo
TSF Fans

Talking

OMG i can't stop laughing all the episode 2
starting from shiro;s letter to this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Now I've lost it.
this one is blow my face ...TWICE ...YES TWICE ....I love it
It's so hilarious .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 15:21   Link #653
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think this show is basically just going to be running on Rule of Cool, Rule of Funny and Rule of Fanservice throughout most of it's story. There most likely will be plot somewhere in-between all that but due to the narrative style, I doubt it will be developed all that much, though I could be wrong. On the one hand there were some things to enjoy in this episode and thanks to the focus being on three characters this time, I was able to better grasp those characters though there's still a lot I feel is missing when it comes to emotional involvement. It still feels too much like I'm mostly just being shown events without any chance of feeling involved in any of it.

And some things just really baffle me. I don't understand how that girl could've missed a guy jumping several stories into the air or the other girl not noticing a half naked girl running into her or how Shiro could've thought it was a good time for him to stop what he was doing and help the girl with the oranges. Nor do I quite understand how Kurou managed to get caught in the moment and (I can only assume) conclude that Shiro is probably not the killer. Sure the whole thing was far too comical but to be willing to suspend what is clearly a very serious issue? I mean the fact that Shiro is associated with a girl who can produce some pretty powerful illusions should only raise Kurou's suspicions of Shiro even more. Then again it's hard to really tell what Kurou (or any of them for that matter) are thinking. All we can do is guess. I hope it's not just a case of Rule of Funny. It's okay to have Rule of Funny, but I don't think it should directly contradict the more relatively serious elements of a story because then otherwise you're just not sure what to make of it.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-10-12 at 15:41.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 17:20   Link #654
Arya

WTH, I thought this was a serious series. WTF happened???
I can't stop laughing It was really hilarious, from Kurou being moved to pity by the Keyser Söze letter style of Shiro, to Shiro acting like they were comrades. He is quite smart, isn't he? Best moments Kurou running into the wall, Kurou painted face.. and the climax, Kurou closed eyes I can't ever take this series seriously anymore.

Even my fear of the neko girl acting like a kitten and furthermore that she has been naked for all the episode til the end of the OP was pushed into the background by this episode.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 18:21   Link #655
celester

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
You mean the characters are drawn in a bishonen style not unlike what you see in CLAMP or countless shoujo and josei manga that aren't remotely yaoi.

Even if the characters were drawn in a more typical style, people would still be claiming BL vibes due to the lack of focus on female characters.
Its simply called a harem actually(lot of girls liking 1 guy or a lack of focus on male characters)or the other way around, reverse-h. But K doesn't show that it has a genre like that so people might think its BL oh and fanservice is entirely different from yaoi,yuri, shounen ai or whatever you perverts might think... In short, Fanservice focuses on men's "ideal" thoughts lol (e.g. Nude girls, bouncing meat buns, pervert moe or tsun, panty shots, girls accidentally stoning at each other-_-)
If it were man hugging another man...then it's serious, no FS. JUst BL.
you have some point in there actually.
celester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 18:57   Link #656
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
or the other girl not noticing a half naked girl running into her
Don't think she can see Neko,when they ran into each other the girl acted surprised wondering what hit her.
Old 2012-10-12, 19:03   Link #657
kuromitsu

Quote:
And some things just really baffle me. I don't understand how that girl could've missed a guy jumping several stories into the air or the other girl not noticing a half naked girl running into her or how Shiro could've thought it was a good time for him to stop what he was doing and help the girl with the oranges.
If you mean Shiro's classmate, she wasn't looking. In one second Kurou is there, the next he isn't. (Realistic? No. Rule of Cool/Funny/Etc? Yep.) And the maid girl didn't notice Neko because apparently nobody can see her but Shiro and Kurou. The maid girl even says something along the lines of "weird, I didn't see anything." Also, Shiro is most likely an idiot and actually it seems to me he was more concerned about Neko than Kurou trying to kill them.

Quote:
Nor do I quite understand how Kurou managed to get caught in the moment and (I can only assume) conclude that Shiro is probably not the killer. Sure the whole thing was far too comical but to be willing to suspend what is clearly a very serious issue?
At this point Kurou hasn't concluded anything (in fact he tried to attack Shiro before they all decided to get some food instead), it's just that he's tired and hungry, Neko is too strong for him to handle (or he's too dumb to figure out how to fight her), and from what he can tell Shiro is mostly harmless, so he decided to postpone the vengeance until after breakfast. And in any case, if there's anything we've learned about Kurou in this episode is that he's pretty naive and gullible, so... (Really, the more I see of him the more I'm reminded of Yukimura. He even did the same "HARENCHINA!!" freakout... XD The two of them would get along well.)

It's likely that Kurou will try to address the issue again, but I think the point here was that the three of them need to form a group somehow (if the promo videos are not lying Kurou will fight Munakata at one point, and Homra are chasing Shiro, so it's likely going to be the three of them against everyone else), and this was basically a prelude to them bonding and Kurou eventually finding out that Shiro is not evil and perhaps not even the guy he's looking for.

By the way, I just noticed: in the preview Shiro has some rice on his face.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I'm taking bets about who will pick it off of him, Neko or Kurou.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-10-12 at 19:54.
Old 2012-10-12, 19:21   Link #658
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm quite amused that the episode titles for the three episodes of K begin with "k", in English or in Japanese. [Knight = Kishi, Kitten = Koneko, Kitchen = Kitchin]
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 20:25   Link #659
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I most sincerely hope there's more to Neko than just fanservice. I don't want to see another show where all the girls only exist for the purpose of fanservice while the guys have all the sob stories and shit.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 21:00   Link #660
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Damn, it's been a while since I've laughed so hard from an anime episode. Some of the scenes just caught me completely off-guard, though I'm a little concerned as to where this series is headed/how it will be presented.

Animation and effects wise, this looks amazing. Other than that, we'll just have to give it a few more episodes before deciding on how the tone of the series will pan out. I hope the humor will be toned down to some extent and the "seriousness" is brought back as the main focus.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural