AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-30, 02:56   Link #1041
Used Can

Yes, as far as I've read, the scene with Tōma "dying" took place during his fight against Aqua in volume 16.
Old 2009-11-30, 04:18   Link #1042
LastResolve

btw did touma used in novels his full potential of imagine breaker?
Old 2009-11-30, 04:28   Link #1043
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-11-30, 05:38   Link #1044
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Spoiler:
That's true. But what's the purpose of using wings? The 1st and 2nd just like their power are far cry from the 3rd and about. And just as Aiwass said that those 2 are special in a way they are special that they can produce wings. So whats the main reason? being their are not even related to religion side and all. They are the strongest on the science side but their evolution from a mere esper to a what an angelic being............ I don't know but they are sure to be special.
Old 2009-11-30, 10:27   Link #1045
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
The author did mention it that mikoto will be having a major role soon but she's not going to russia so if the final battle is really coming then when will she get those parts? unless its not the ending yet which I wish to be true.

As for touma died on vol 14....... yap I think he did die or maybe its 16. Not sure but its the battle against aqua. His literally supposed to be dead but then again live on to see tomorrow. And Touma dying in front of itsuwa triggers an anger rage and divine spear move thiny...( not sure about the name ) and beat aqua but the superman aqua is still alive and healthy so his just got beaten their.

and also from what the spoiler on vol 19.... did I read it right? the part that she will burn is THAT PART? please confirm..... its an important one for futures sake of THAT person.
I really hope by "major role", he doesn't just mean that Mikoto will confess when everything ends and become Touma's significant other half. Other than that, I really don't know how she's going to get a piece of the fight. Maybe with Accelerator going away, she'll end up taking care of stuff inside Academy City somehow.

As for the Touma dying in 14 part, I'd say he wasn't even close to dying in that volume. But yeah, in 16, however, he was utterly destroyed by Aqua. Itsuwa just broke down and kept on trying to heal him with her magic, despite the magic being broken because of Touma's hand.

And yes, if I read that part in vol. 19 correctly, then you read my post correctly. She even called it the "pink XXX" (yes, the author actually put 3 X's there).
Old 2009-11-30, 10:31   Link #1046
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
My only worry is that the side characters (especially Mikoto) won't get much of a role in the final arc (or what seems to be the final arc)..
Maybe but if the author does it, she is not going to have something relevant to do for the future of Railgun, when she had a lot of free time parallel to To Aru majutsu light novels.

Quote:
I just have one question:
Spoiler for vol. 19:

I mean, my Japanese is not really fluent, so I may have misunderstood that part.
Quote:
And yes, if I read that part in vol. 19 correctly, then you read my post correctly. She even called it the "pink XXX" (yes, the author actually put 3 X's there).
...yandere

Quote:
I really hope by "major role", he doesn't just mean that Mikoto will confess when everything ends and become Touma's significant other half. Other than that, I really don't know how she's going to get a piece of the fight. Maybe with Accelerator going away, she'll end up taking care of stuff inside Academy City somehow.
Thinking about it, now with Accelerator heading to Russia, there is nobody who can protect the justice in Academy City, maybe Mikoto is going to play a role, there is some Lvl.5s in the city .

Quote:
As for the Touma dying in 14 part, I'd say he wasn't even close to dying in that volume. But yeah, in 16, however, he was utterly destroyed by Aqua. Itsuwa just broke down and kept on trying to heal him with her magic, despite the magic being broken because of Touma's hand.
That is going to be sad to see ...what Aqua did? only saw her wasting her efforts??

Last edited by Miraluka; 2009-11-30 at 10:51.
Old 2009-11-30, 11:07   Link #1047
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Yes, as far as I've read, the scene with Tōma "dying" took place during his fight against Aqua in volume 16.
Sorry, my bad. Your right, the event did happen in vol 16.
Old 2009-11-30, 12:17   Link #1048
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
...yandere

Thinking about it, now with Accelerator heading to Russia, there is nobody who can protect the justice in Academy City, maybe Mikoto is going to play a role, there is some Lvl.5s in the city .

That is going to be sad to see ...what Aqua did? only saw her wasting her efforts??
Yap Mugino is what you call YANDERE and yap yandere are dangerous so be careful not to trigger a yandere flag

As for Aqua...... The superman aqua, the man of steel and justice. Well his too screwed up with his Justice that he decide to kill him. The source of misfortune and ended up killing him. And yap its sad pretty one without even reading it yet. I can imagine from it.

And accelerator being gone from the academy city is good news. Him being the only problem kid and psychopath among all. Isn't the academy city a bit safer without him? And No. 2 is dead and the Yandere queen doesn't care much about low class. And about the other Lvl 5. They don't have much screen time yet but from few info their aren't bad at all. And Their is one yet to be revealed lvl 5. I wonder what kind of power he/she had.
Old 2009-11-30, 12:31   Link #1049
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
And accelerator being gone from the academy city is good news. Him being the only problem kid and psychopath among all. Isn't the academy city a bit safer without him? And No. 2 is dead and the Yandere queen doesn't care much about low class. And about the other Lvl 5. They don't have much screen time yet but from few info their aren't bad at all. And Their is one yet to be revealed lvl 5. I wonder what kind of power he/she had.
Not really. that mess in Academy City could have been worst between ITEM and SCHOOL doing their things with the other underground organizations.
When Accelerator entered to the scenario, he ended the things in the less long way.
.... I wonder what happened with the other members of GROUP like Tsuchimikado at the end of Vol.19.
Old 2009-11-30, 14:50   Link #1050
tsunade666

less long way............ yap its really not a long way because their dead and wouldn't do more damage because they can't do it anymore. Well the only ones left are less harmful and the most dangerous are away. That's good! Wonder what will mikoto do...... Maybe tsuchimikado's going to russia too. His not just a member of group his also from necesarius and a friend of touma and maybe if you could called it.... yeh a friend too of accelerator.... if that psycho can consider other friends besides his loli wife and 2 adult mistress....
Old 2009-11-30, 15:00   Link #1051
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
less long way............ yap its really not a long way because their dead and wouldn't do more damage because they can't do it anymore. Well the only ones left are less harmful and the most dangerous are away. That's good! Wonder what will mikoto do...... Maybe tsuchimikado's going to russia too. His not just a member of group his also from necesarius and a friend of touma and maybe if you could called it.... yeh a friend too of accelerator.... if that psycho can consider other friends besides his loli wife and 2 adult mistress....
Soon or later she is going to learn about experiences near to death and she will need to kill, like Touma when he felt and urge to kill that hijacker. Or maybe not.
Old 2009-11-30, 15:29   Link #1052
tsunade666

the hijacker that hijack the plane and kidnap index? But theirs a difference from mikoto and touma. His fist can't really kill or do massive damage that can kill the target. Compare it to railgun. A direct hit will put a hole on your body.
Old 2009-11-30, 19:04   Link #1053
Miraluka
Banned

Yeah but if you hit a person several times....
Old 2009-11-30, 22:09   Link #1054
Used Can

There's something I've been willing to ask for quite some time. I was told that after Tōma got "killed" by Aqua, when Itsuwa went berserk she pulled some really cool moves with her spear. May I ask for a small summary of that scene. And, if it's also possible, about the final scene where the Amakusas work together to beat Aqua?

Also, how many 1-on-1 fights has she had? I know about the little fight she had with Aqua, and the one she had against Beyloupe. Other than those, I've got no idea if she's had any other mano-a-mano.

Quote:
the hijacker that hijack the plane and kidnap index? But theirs a difference from mikoto and touma. His fist can't really kill or do massive damage that can kill the target. Compare it to railgun. A direct hit will put a hole on your body.
I think he was referring to the intention. From what I've been told, Tōma was serious about killing the hijacker after Index got harmed.
Old 2009-11-30, 23:21   Link #1055
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
There's something I've been willing to ask for quite some time. I was told that after Tōma got "killed" by Aqua, when Itsuwa went berserk she pulled some really cool moves with her spear. May I ask for a small summary of that scene. And, if it's also possible, about the final scene where the Amakusas work together to beat Aqua?

Also, how many 1-on-1 fights has she had? I know about the little fight she had with Aqua, and the one she had against Beyloupe. Other than those, I've got no idea if she's had any other mano-a-mano.
Seconded, same idea here >w< .... shmaster maybe can help us?? somebody else?? XP
Old 2009-12-01, 05:54   Link #1056
LastResolve

Quote:
In short, Kihara, a normal human, smashed Acclerator with his own bare fist. Mentioned before, Accelerator's reflection works by creating this thin layer around himself that automatically reverse the vectors of any incoming object that can be harmful.

So, Kihara did this: Kihara pulls his fist away as soon as his punch reach the relection shield. The the "pulling away" got reflected into "punch foward" and smacked Accelerator. Accelerator try to counter this by altering the direction of his relection, but Kihara has predicted those changes before hand and always attack from the angle that accelerator can't get away from.

So how is this so ridiculous? First, Accelerator's refelction shield is so very very very thin that covers on his skin and invisible, but Kihara can always predict the right distance on when and where that his hand'll hit the shield and pull it back in the perfect timing. When forcefully reversing the the direction of a punch you already delivered is almost impossible in the first place and would hurt your arm a lot if you can, but Kihara can does that with no sweat under exact precision.... and not just his hand, he can even do it with a weapon. And this is on top of the fact that Kihara can predict Accelerator's every signle change on the reflecting vector to attack fromt he right angle... when Accelerator is the esper with the highest processing speed ever, which in other words mean Kihara is outthinking probably what is the fastest brain on earth while he punched.

This all performed by, I repeat, a normal human is nothing short of ridicuous.
so he lost? thats ridiculous a normal person to match accelarators speed? also did he survive plasma storm as well?
Old 2009-12-01, 06:39   Link #1057
ykf566

Well kihara did disrupt wind manipulation, so i doubt he could even create plasma in the first place
Old 2009-12-01, 06:54   Link #1058
Bordix

Quote:
I think he was referring to the intention. From what I've been told, Tōma was serious about killing the hijacker after Index got harmed.
And this is his first time showing his killing intent throughout out his hero career, ami right?

shows Touma really cares deeply for Index. Won't be surprised if they somehow end up together, though I doubt he's gonna be paired up with someone pretty soon. oh wait there's Misaka's development...
Old 2009-12-01, 06:54   Link #1059
tsunade666

I'm not on vol 16 yet. I'm just barely finished vol 13. And it looks like the first appearance of aqua is from vol 13 where he rescued vent. And hell his really clark kent. SUPERMAN! Remember the wind generator that the imouto manipulate to disturb the wind flow and disrupt the wind storm of accelerator? That aqua just took one and throw it. And just imagine how big it is. Its a freaking huge post with wind propeller on top.

EDIT: Finished volume 13.
Spoiler:

I will be starting 14 either later or tomorrow with the treat of the Roman Orthodox or is it Rome.
I will finally going to see ITSUWA! BANZAI! VOLUME 14!

Last edited by tsunade666; 2009-12-01 at 08:24.
Old 2009-12-01, 10:18   Link #1060
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:

Spoiler for vol. 16:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen