AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-12, 17:45   Link #41
Westlo
Lets be reality

Bakemonogatari is in no way built upon harems and moe girls, it's built around it's characters (the arcs serve the story instead of becoming it and thus develops the characters) and dialogue. Sure it has a harem (and not every Bake fan would agree on this..), but the male lead is more decisive and faithful than 99.9% of anime male characters in all romance shows. And you're really reaching if you say anyone other than Nadeko is a moe blob.

Noitama anime shows can't seem to sell anyway and Nodame has other factors.. like a live action drama version which is preferred over the anime looking at tv ratings... And I'm not surprised that One Piece doesn't sell.. who the hell is going to buy that many dvds lol... will probably sell very well when it's over and sold in box sets like DBZ was a few years back.

I'm not saying for sure that Bakuman will outsell Index S2 or Shana S3 but it has the "potential" too and I don't see Index2 or Shana3 outselling their previous series. Shana 2 was a drop off from Shana 1 and Railgun dilutes Index a bit.. especially if Mikoto isn't in Index 2 that much..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 18:16   Link #42
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Bakemonogatari is in no way built upon harems and moe girls, it's built around it's characters (the arcs serve the story instead of becoming it and thus develops the characters) and dialogue. Sure it has a harem (and not every Bake fan would agree on this..), but the male lead is more decisive and faithful than 99.9% of anime male characters in all romance shows. And you're really reaching if you say anyone other than Nadeko is a moe blob.

Noitama anime shows can't seem to sell anyway and Nodame has other factors.. like a live action drama version which is preferred over the anime looking at tv ratings... And I'm not surprised that One Piece doesn't sell.. who the hell is going to buy that many dvds lol... will probably sell very well when it's over and sold in box sets like DBZ was a few years back.

I'm not saying for sure that Bakuman will outsell Index S2 or Shana S3 but it has the "potential" too and I don't see Index2 or Shana3 outselling their previous series. Shana 2 was a drop off from Shana 1 and Railgun dilutes Index a bit.. especially if Mikoto isn't in Index 2 that much..
I loved Bakemonogatari, my favourite show this year? It still caters to the otaku crowd. I know it's not a total moe show, but it is targeted at the same audience.

Shana movie did 15k, 1st season 10k, 2nd season 9k and OVA 10k. Index did an average of 10k too.

Bakuman is good, it's an exciting series. The most it can do is probably 10k, I don't think I've seen a show that is neither moe or mech selling more then 10k. The only shounen series I seen selling better then 10k are the ones which are fujoshi fodder...

It has the potential. But if I was J.C staff, I would make sure Shana and Index are done as well as last season, because even if it turned out pretty bad, at least 50% of them would still buy it. Everyone hated the 2nd and 3rd season of Zero no Tsukaima, the first season sold 5k, the 2nd season STILL sold 5k and the 3rd season did 4.8k. Otakus will buy the DVD, as long as their love for the characters is there.

Bakuman really lacks a hardcore audience. But then there's always the odd one out. Toshokan Sensou did 9k, that is really surprising for the genre.

But anyway. These statistics means nothing. I think J.C staff is going to put their average budget into it, something along the lines of Toradora budget is fine by me.
Old 2009-12-12, 18:39   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The second people find out this is by the same author and artist as Death Note, then they'll jump right on it. It's out the show will sell, and we all know that. It just takes time for the majority of the fanbase to find out.
Old 2009-12-12, 18:55   Link #44
TJR

Quote:
I think J.C staff is going to put their average budget into it, something along the lines of Toradora budget is fine by me.
Actually, J.C. Staff doesn't do much anime financing at all, aside from a small handful of titles like Shana and Index/Railgun (recently, Sweet Blue Flowers as well). For the other shows, they claim no piece of the pie. The same looks to be true for Bakuman, so it's in the hands of NHK and Shogakukan-Shueisha Productions.

Anyway, budgets for Shana and Index will likely drop because

a) these are sequels, so they don't need an outlandish budget to attract attention
b) sequels are generally less popular
c) otaku look toward the shiny new things, and sequels don't promote merchandising as well as a new hit
d) the number of sponsors drop for the above reasons

Nevertheless, decreased budgets on those would have no impact on financing for other shows.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 00:27   Link #45
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The second people find out this is by the same author and artist as Death Note, then they'll jump right on it. It's out the show will sell, and we all know that. It just takes time for the majority of the fanbase to find out.
As long as they dont jump into high expectation that Bakuman will present high tense like Death Note...

I myself, was also shocked when i first read Bakuman
I think, "From Death Note to Bakuman?? How can they change the pace so quickly??"
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 04:51   Link #46
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
As long as they dont jump into high expectation that Bakuman will present high tense like Death Note...

I myself, was also shocked when i first read Bakuman
I think, "From Death Note to Bakuman?? How can they change the pace so quickly??"
& you even read BAKUMAN!?

btw,
i still kinda find it weird that a series about a bunch of guys who's dream is to get their respective mangas to be adapted into anime, but INSTEAD, they THEMSELVES gets adapted into anime!!
i don't know how Takagi & Mashiro would react to this...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 04:57   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
I hope we get a little omake in the manga which shows this. Would be great.
Old 2009-12-13, 06:59   Link #48
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
& you even read BAKUMAN!?

btw,
i still kinda find it weird that a series about a bunch of guys who's dream is to get their respective mangas to be adapted into anime, but INSTEAD, they THEMSELVES gets adapted into anime!!
Yesh, i read it...
And very interesting...

And as for Azuki, her dream is to become a seiyuu...
But now, she will be voiced by other people...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 07:37   Link #49
Squawks
PSI you from behind

I'm bummed out that Madhouse isn't doing this. You know, Death Note and Aoi Bungaku and all.
Squawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 14:46   Link #50
Ehnra
Exceptions

I have mixed opinions of this show. As much as I do enjoy the manga, i feel there is something off by adapting this piece of work into an anime. But at the same time I am looking forward how it will turn out.

As pointed out already its quite interesting the fact that this show is about two guys wanting to get their own anime and then they turn out as anime themselves
Ehnra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 14:57   Link #51
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Read the first chapter of this manga and its not my thing . But will give anime a try I might enjoy it . Also the manga to anime adaptation had come out real fast .
Old 2009-12-17, 14:59   Link #52
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks View Post
I'm bummed out that Madhouse isn't doing this. You know, Death Note and Aoi Bungaku and all.
me too I was having high hopes that madhouse would be on this train. I guess we will have to see what they create.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 10:07   Link #53
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

I really didn't expect this one to get animated.
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-21, 02:22   Link #54
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Also the manga to anime adaptation had come out real fast .
well some chapters have so much things going.
but you have a point there, fillers will rain once the anime starts cause Bakuman don't have more than 100 chapters yet and an anime will air already

but I bet there's already a lot material for 1 arc of the story, they just need to manage the happenings from the manga

meh~ I wonder how this'll turn out

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 02:24   Link #55
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
well some chapters have so much things going.
but you have a point there, fillers will rain once the anime starts cause Bakuman don't have more than 100 chapters yet and an anime will air already

but I bet there's already a lot material for 1 arc of the story, they just need to manage the happenings from the manga

meh~ I wonder how this'll turn out
They don't need to resort to filler if it's only 13-26 episodes long (I hope)

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 02:57   Link #56
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
They don't need to resort to filler if it's only 13-26 episodes long (I hope)
but the manga is still on going
so fillers are bound to show up once in a while

no confirmations yet so we speculate such things like fillers and all

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 03:05   Link #57
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
but the manga is still on going
so fillers are bound to show up once in a while

no confirmations yet so we speculate such things like fillers and all
The manga is going but they could end the first season before they ran out of materials to work with, is what I'm saying.

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 03:54   Link #58
Rhapsody

Send a message via AIM to Rhapsody Send a message via MSN to Rhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to Rhapsody
Maybe the manga will end by the time the anime airs? Who knows.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 05:46   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
Maybe the manga will end by the time the anime airs? Who knows.
I say there's a chance of it happening, though it's hard to say for certain.
Old 2009-12-23, 09:14   Link #60
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Bakuman's pace ( in the manga ) seems to have slightly slowed down, what's with the focus expanding more into the side characters rather than the central duo, so I wouldn't put my money on Bakuman anime finishing alongside the manga. Besides, each chapter are already paced considerably fast with a lot of information packed, trying to make it go at an even faster pace in the anime will tire the viewers.

This seems more suited to the Nodame-anime style treatment.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen