AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-24, 22:34   Link #101
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper View Post
Yeah, that's it. And let's be fair, this trailer doesn't look like a trailer of A+ show.
Yeah...Look like Jc.staff first priority this season is Index2 afterall....
So sad that this happened to Bakuman.
inkphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 23:32   Link #102
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkphoenix View Post
Yeah...Look like Jc.staff first priority this season is Index2 afterall....
Well, that was already a foregone conclusion. If you have an equity partnership in Index but none in Bakuman, which is more important?

Nevertheless, NHK is likely the biggest issue with Bakuman (if industry complaints are any indication, they finance way below what's needed for a show, forcing studios to make up the difference out of their own pockets. Since most studios have no stake in a show, it's an instant net loss no matter how successful the series is). Looking at how Tytania and Giant Killing turned out, they severely underfund their shows. It's also poor practice to re-allocate a lot of budget (ponied up by different clients) from other projects.

As for Otome Youkai Zakuro, it's got Aniplex's backing. TBS' Yumekui Merry PV also looks quite nice.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 00:41   Link #103
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Well, that was already a foregone conclusion. If you have an equity partnership in Index but none in Bakuman, which is more important?

Nevertheless, NHK is likely the biggest issue with Bakuman (if industry complaints are any indication, they finance way below what's needed for a show, forcing studios to make up the difference out of their own pockets. Since most studios have no stake in a show, it's an instant net loss no matter how successful the series is). Looking at how Tytania and Giant Killing turned out, they severely underfund their shows. It's also poor practice to re-allocate a lot of budget (ponied up by different clients) from other projects.

As for Otome Youkai Zakuro, it's got Aniplex's backing. TBS' Yumekui Merry PV also looks quite nice.
But this isn't like Tytania and Giant Killing. Bakuman's manga is very very popular.Although the Giant Killing manga seem to popular in Japan too.But It's in the different Level.
Bakuman is from Jump.The most popular comic magazine in Japan! The anime can successful easily because of the necessary factor is being prepared.

But if they think because of the necessary factor is being prepared so they can do some of animation like this...
At least I hope something like Kobato(on air at NHK too.) to happened here.More superb and superb in the later episodes.

ahh..I really envious at Nura(Something that came out from Jump too.)now.Although the fight scene is a bit..But really ..animation in Ep1 of Nura is really superb.It's the thing that rarely came out from Studio Deen
Nura sponsered by aniplex right? Damn it
Old 2010-09-25, 12:52   Link #104
-khriz-

Trailer is out, I don't really like it that much.
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 17:08   Link #105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -khriz- View Post
Trailer is out, I don't really like it that much.
Yep it was posted a page back, and it's what the posts above you are based upon.
Old 2010-09-25, 18:33   Link #106
-khriz-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yep it was posted a page back, and it's what the posts above you are based upon.
Lol my bad.
-khriz- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 11:13   Link #107
LKK

I have a question. Just how important is the animation itself to a series like Bakuman? I'm not familiar with the manga, but from what I know of it, I would think that the script is what will make or break a show like Bakuman. Unlike an action-adventure show where the sights are the highlight, for a show about would-be mangaka, wouldn't the dialogue be the most important aspect? In that case, if the script is sparkling, average animation can be easily ignored. Of course, having both sparkling script and excellent animation is the ideal. But if it comes to a choice between one or the other due to budget concerns, I would prefer the sparkling dialogue here.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2010-09-26 at 11:16. Reason: added additional thought
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 11:34   Link #108
Falkor

^ I think it has more to do with people expecting better from JC Staff and Bakuman being not your average manga.

the trailer is not exactly the most visually appealing piece of animation, but I hope the actual show turns out better.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 15:06   Link #109
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I have a question. Just how important is the animation itself to a series like Bakuman? I'm not familiar with the manga, but from what I know of it, I would think that the script is what will make or break a show like Bakuman. Unlike an action-adventure show where the sights are the highlight, for a show about would-be mangaka, wouldn't the dialogue be the most important aspect? In that case, if the script is sparkling, average animation can be easily ignored. Of course, having both sparkling script and excellent animation is the ideal. But if it comes to a choice between one or the other due to budget concerns, I would prefer the sparkling dialogue here.
You bring up a good point, though for me personally when i look at the promotional images for the adaptation, and then see a PV that doesn't match, i'm not pleased.
Old 2010-09-26, 15:20   Link #110
Grim_Reaper

You see, of course the plot and dialogues are more important. But manga was drawn on a very high level, so I was expecting to get a very-good-drawn anime.
I hope that actual animation will be better.
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 15:38   Link #111
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You bring up a good point, though for me personally when i look at the promotional images for the adaptation, and then see a PV that doesn't match, i'm not pleased.
Quote:
You see, of course the plot and dialogues are more important. But manga was drawn on a very high level, so I was expecting to get a very-good-drawn anime.
I understand why you would be disappointed. Because I don't have strong feelings about how the characters should look, I didn't find the PV as disappointing as many have. It looked average to me.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 15:55   Link #112
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
I agree its hard when the manga being drawn by Obata-sensei is so so good and then you see the PV and its like...what happened?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 16:04   Link #113
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Personally, I am more worried about whether or not the anime can be successful; readers got high expectations, but the major advantages of the plot are best exploited in manga. Won't get into details for obvious reasons, but how will they stretch 1~3 chapters in some 20 minutes?
Btw I do care about the animation...there's good, average, bad and I-regret-watching-this-bad. Not that this particular anime falls into the last category, but I'm just saying
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 17:15   Link #114
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can tell you this - it's a mistake to make too many assumptions about the overall animation quality of a series based on a PV. I've seen it over and over - what you see in those 2 minutes isn't always what you're going to see in the real deal - and it cuts both ways. I'll wait until the first ep before I make any decisions.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 01:37   Link #115
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
most slice-of-life shows seem to get the shaft when it comes to animation quality to begin with. can't say i'm not a little disappointed, though.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 10:49   Link #116
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Disappointing animation and art. Miho's character design is one huge miss.
Old 2010-09-29, 15:42   Link #117
Cabrini6000

I want to see this show, but the art is bothering me. This is drawn by the artist that drew Death Note, a anime which I consider to have high quality art, so I'm expecting this show to have the same quality. However, the promo art is proving otherwise. I will probably still watch, but I hope the actual anime is better.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Cabrini6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 04:45   Link #118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 1:
Old 2010-10-02, 07:15   Link #119
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

For the Ep1. It has rather uninspired animation(That looks better at part2).
But ..At least when you get the capture photo.Most of them look good enough.

Like this

For the story and the direction itself.

Spoiler for ep1:

Look at the preview.Maybe ep2 the animation will be better.Hope for something like that.

PS.OP and ED song is really likeable.I love it.

Last edited by inkphoenix; 2010-10-02 at 07:43.
Old 2010-10-02, 12:18   Link #120
larethian

hmm, though I like the manga but I don't feel any impact from the anime. maybe it's just me.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen