AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-28, 11:53   Link #1
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Mai-Otome chronology

I just realized we need to compile a timeline of sorts, using information revealed in the series about its backstory, to use as a future reference.

I will use the Artai Invasion (Otome #17) as a reference, so the events will be classified as "BAI" (Before Artai Invasion) and "AAI" (After Artai Invasion - so far, this only covers Zwei).

(Note on dating: the War of the Dragon Lord is identified as "A. R. 281" (tombstone in #8). However, we don't know its exact dating (or do we?).

Also, knowledge from HiME doesn't count. For all we know now, it's an AU, etc. I want to resolve the "is it the same universe?" mystery as much as the next person, but for now, let's limit ourselves to what's explicitly mentioned in Otome and Zwei.

So, to start.

Unknown - a spaceship is launched from Earth to Earl, containing the planet colonists. (#8)

"Hundreds of years" BAI - Miyu is built. (#23)
Unknown - a female ancestor ("Alyssa Searrs", except she's never named in Otome) of Lena Sayers is born. (#? - but I remember the flashback)

^ Note: these two events could happen either before or after immigration.

Unknown - the creation of the Administar and the "Fuka Academy" portal system. Miyu is able to interface with both, so either she was created later, or reprogrammed along the way.

Sometime before the W12K:
- The Harmonium is built.
- Fumi is born.

The War of the Twelve Kings ends (how long ago?):
- The Harmonium is activated, ending the war and contributing to the collateral damage caused.
- Fumi founds Garderobe and establishes the Otome system.
- Fumi gives birth to a child, dies, and is preserved in Garderobe as the source of Coral and Pearl GEMs.
- The area with the Harmonium (below the contemporary Fuka Castle) is isolated and forgotten. The Harmonium's existence remains a secret known only to a few. (#7)

Sometime after the end of the war:
- The databanks of the ancient colonists are sealed in Garderobe. (#8)

~300 BAI: (Finally a more-or-less accurately dated event!)
- Fuka Castle is built in what is now known as Windbloom. Note: it may or may not predate the Harmonium. In the former case, the W12K happened less than 300 years ago; in the latter, more than that.

~50 BAI: The War of the Dragon Lord.

15 BAI:
- Arika, the daughter of Lena Sayers, is born.
- Mashiro Blan de Windbloom, the heir to the throne, is born - named after Fumi's GEM. (#7)
- The Aswad invasion of Windbloom.
- The King and Queen are killed.
- Baby Mashiro is saved by Lena and given the Blue Sky Sapphire.
- Lena is killed. Schwarz takes her body away from Aswad. (#10?)
- The Duke of Interior Affairs gives Windbloom the fake Mashiro - the one known under that name in the series.
- The real princess is raised in the suburbs under the name Nina, until Sergay Wang finds her.

^ Note: while Arika and Nina do share their birth date, the "fake princess" Mashiro was not necessarily born on the same day. And Sergay just happened to find Nina on her (and Arika's) real birthday.

1 BAI:
- Arika enters Garderobe.

0 BAI:
- The Schwarz/Artai invasion of Windbloom, and their subsequent demise.
- Fuka Castle is rebuilt in accordance to Mashiro's plan.

1 AAI:
- The events of Zwei: the attack of the Unknown Shadow Entity.

Comments/suggestions?
Old 2007-06-30, 04:34   Link #2
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Some time ago in the "Are MO and MH connected?" thread, I wrote my own timeline based on dates from MO and MH special with Midori and Mai (I'm one of people who still believe they are connected ).

Here
Old 2007-06-30, 04:55   Link #3
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Yes, I saw that. Good reconstruction of the events, but the problem is that the dates seem completely arbitrary. If the events of HiME occur in 2254, why does everything look so 2004?

What I'm trying to do is not speculating, but instead collecting together all information revealed in Otome about its backstory.
Old 2007-06-30, 08:57   Link #4
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
I just realized we need to compile a timeline of sorts, using information revealed in the series about its backstory, to use as a future reference.

I will use the Artai Invasion (Otome #17) as a reference, so the events will be classified as "BAI" (Before Artai Invasion) and "AAI" (After Artai Invasion - so far, this only covers Zwei).

(Note on dating: the War of the Dragon Lord is identified as "A. R. 281" (tombstone in #8). However, we don't know its exact dating (or do we?).

Also, knowledge from HiME doesn't count. For all we know now, it's an AU, etc. I want to resolve the "is it the same universe?" mystery as much as the next person, but for now, let's limit ourselves to what's explicitly mentioned in Otome and Zwei.

So, to start.

Unknown - a spaceship is launched from Earth to Earl, containing the planet colonists. (#8)

"Hundreds of years" BAI - Miyu is built. (#23)
Unknown - a female ancestor ("Alyssa Searrs", except she's never named in Otome) of Lena Sayers is born. (#? - but I remember the flashback)

^ Note: these two events could happen either before or after immigration.

Unknown - the creation of the Administar and the "Fuka Academy" portal system. Miyu is able to interface with both, so either she was created later, or reprogrammed along the way.
Refer to the poem in Otome EP15 (9:19). The star was use to guide the spaceship.

To quote;
Spoiler for :

A sleeper spaceship perhaps? Past a thousand stars, travelled 10 thousand nights.

Assuming the translation is accurate.

The change to "Merciful" label in MIYU could be
1. church's influence on Alyssa (My-HIME EP26).
2. the Fuka administrators being merciful on Alyssa could influence Her outlook in life (My-HIME EP26).

Last edited by encia; 2007-06-30 at 09:00. Reason: More information
Old 2007-06-30, 09:12   Link #5
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
The change to "Merciful" label in MIYU could be
For all we know, the Miyu of this universe could have always been "Merciful".

As for the poem: thanks, I'll check it out.

Edit: I have the Doremi fansub, and in it, Sergay says: "The blue star will become the marker that guides us and the Otome... Through thousands of journeys, towards the golden future... Did you know that? That was a part of the poem left by the Early Immigrants to this planet."
Old 2007-06-30, 09:14   Link #6
MirokuKazuya
Abe No Kazuya

Send a message via MSN to MirokuKazuya
about the poem..do u mean the song they sang?? or is it another poem??
Old 2007-06-30, 18:51   Link #7
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
For all we know, the Miyu of this universe could have always been "Merciful".

As for the poem: thanks, I'll check it out.

Edit: I have the Doremi fansub, and in it, Sergay says: "The blue star will become the marker that guides us and the Otome... Through thousands of journeys, towards the golden future... Did you know that? That was a part of the poem left by the Early Immigrants to this planet."
I have SS trans. Thanks for the quote. I'll watch Doremi trans and compare them with SS.
Old 2007-09-12, 02:36   Link #8
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Since I want to work on my own MH/MO connection based chronology of events, I have a favour to ask. Could someone please write here the whole lecture that Midori is giving Mai in the official DVD translation of Mai HiME special? There is a lot of dates and names and I want to be sure about them (fansubs are great, but they're always fansubs).
Closed Thread