AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-11-05, 18:18   Link #81
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thentus View Post
They killed Dallas, and they won against the Colts, who last I checked were one of the two best teams in football.

I am sure you can guess who the other team is.

The Colts losing just proves the difference of skill between them, and the rest of the NFL.
Well it's not like the Patriots had the game sealed. Had Manning not fumbled, the Colts could have scored and the game may have been over. And this was without Harrison.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 20:34   Link #82
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejazz87 View Post
Well it's not like the Patriots had the game sealed. Had Manning not fumbled, the Colts could have scored and the game may have been over. And this was without Harrison.
Also, if those horrible pass interference calls weren't made against the Patriots (the one against Hobbs was just ridiculous, if anyone says otherwise they're just being biased), the Colts probably wouldn't have scored. Brady had an off game, as well (two INTs as compared to two for the rest of the season). Thomas didn't get in much, either, for reasons unknown. That RCA dome is a huge advantage for the Colts.

Though even given all those factors, I think the Patriots should have won by a larger margin. Look for them to kill the Colts when the Colts travel to my neighboring town of Foxboro in a month or two.

By the way, while I like Addai (my favorite Indianapolis player), most of his production early on can be chalked up to the Patriots' game plan being taking the receiving core out of the game. They weren't playing for the run.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 23:34   Link #83
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Also, if those horrible pass interference calls weren't made against the Patriots (the one against Hobbs was just ridiculous, if anyone says otherwise they're just being biased), the Colts probably wouldn't have scored. Brady had an off game, as well (two INTs as compared to two for the rest of the season). Thomas didn't get in much, either, for reasons unknown. That RCA dome is a huge advantage for the Colts.

Though even given all those factors, I think the Patriots should have won by a larger margin. Look for them to kill the Colts when the Colts travel to my neighboring town of Foxboro in a month or two.

By the way, while I like Addai (my favorite Indianapolis player), most of his production early on can be chalked up to the Patriots' game plan being taking the receiving core out of the game. They weren't playing for the run.
Okay? The one that wasn't called against Harrison was ridiculous. Same logic. Bottom line is that the game came down to one final drive and Manning fumbled. If he hadn't, things may have gone the other way.

Errrm...I highly doubt that the Patriots decided not to play the run against the team that would probably give them the biggest challenge. Addai was just able to pound the rock all over New England. Plain and simple.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2007-11-06, 16:06   Link #84
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Okay? The one that wasn't called against Harrison was ridiculous. Same logic. Bottom line is that the game came down to one final drive and Manning fumbled. If he hadn't, things may have gone the other way.

Errrm...I highly doubt that the Patriots decided not to play the run against the team that would probably give them the biggest challenge. Addai was just able to pound the rock all over New England. Plain and simple.
Yeah, and my point was, "so what?" Yeah, if he hadn't fumbled, it would've been different, but there were lots of things that would've made it different throughout the game. If you're going to make a list of things that would've changed the tide had they been slightly different, the Patriots had more. (It's irrelevant, but if I'm thinking of the same Harrison play as you, in the end zone, then that definitely wasn't pass interference... he was looking at the ball the whole time ).

Then you highly doubt incorrectly. Peyton Manning and the Colts are more of a threat when they pass, so the Patriots focused on passing defense more than run defense. Did Addai execute when he should have? Absolutely, he had a great game. Was he going against the full force of the Patriots rush defense? Of course not, otherwise you would have seen Adalius Thomas in there a hell of a lot more than you did. That's how defense works in American football, you have different types of coverages, and the Patriots (especially in the first half) used pass coverage pretty much the entire time.
Old 2007-11-06, 16:18   Link #85
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Taking all the what-if's a side for second, I think it is pretty conclusive that both team still seem to have room for improvement. And that... is scary!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 04:53   Link #86
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Yeah, and my point was, "so what?" Yeah, if he hadn't fumbled, it would've been different, but there were lots of things that would've made it different throughout the game. If you're going to make a list of things that would've changed the tide had they been slightly different, the Patriots had more. (It's irrelevant, but if I'm thinking of the same Harrison play as you, in the end zone, then that definitely wasn't pass interference... he was looking at the ball the whole time ).

Then you highly doubt incorrectly. Peyton Manning and the Colts are more of a threat when they pass, so the Patriots focused on passing defense more than run defense. Did Addai execute when he should have? Absolutely, he had a great game. Was he going against the full force of the Patriots rush defense? Of course not, otherwise you would have seen Adalius Thomas in there a hell of a lot more than you did. That's how defense works in American football, you have different types of coverages, and the Patriots (especially in the first half) used pass coverage pretty much the entire time.
And my point is that New England isn't invincible and can be defeated by the Colts without it being a huge upset. As for the Harrison play, I saw it, Harrison had his hand on the guys jersey and was holding him. Doesn't matter if he was looking at the ball, if you hold the receiver (not giving them a chance to catch the ball) then it's defensive holding or defensive pass interference.

I admit, I didn't pay attention to most of the coverages the Patriots were in, but that doesn't mean Addai can't have a great game if the they in fact did focus in on the run more so than the pass.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2007-11-11, 14:11   Link #87
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm watching the Browns vs. Steelers, and I'm so impressed with the Browns. They are a really good team this year.

And how about that Adrian Peterson guy? 296 yds for rushing!!!!!?
Old 2007-11-11, 23:51   Link #88
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Wow. Peyton Manning threw 6 interceptions tonight. Chargers def. Colts 23-21.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 01:58   Link #89
Samari
World's Greatest

49ers at Seahawks Monday night. Please for the love of God win this game 49ers.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2007-11-12, 11:40   Link #90
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Eagles > Skins 33-25! The birds are still in the running! Huzzah!
Old 2007-11-12, 17:14   Link #91
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This was a weird Sunday. Teams that started out well in the first half had lost in the end and the teams that had mediocre first half, all finished strong in the 2nd half.

As for 49ers, it will be a fantastic win if they can pull it off, but their opponent, Seahawks, are no pushover.
Old 2007-11-12, 18:04   Link #92
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
I hope tonights game pours down rain like last year, that was a fun one to watch!
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 04:18   Link #93
Samari
World's Greatest

The 49ers are breaking my heart. This is probably the worst team I've ever seen take the field in red and gold. And we used to never get shut out. I mean never.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2007-11-13, 04:36   Link #94
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
The 49ers are breaking my heart. This is probably the worst team I've ever seen take the field in red and gold. And we used to never get shut out. I mean never.
Look on the bright side: a higher draft pick.
Old 2007-11-13, 14:12   Link #95
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Look on the bright side: a higher draft pick.
Nope. The New England Patriots have our draft pick in the 1st round, and we have the Colts. So the rich get richer.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2007-11-14, 16:06   Link #96
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
The Patriots must of knew this would happen, that's why they wanted our number 1 pick lol >.<
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 02:59   Link #97
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Nope. The New England Patriots have our draft pick in the 1st round, and we have the Colts. So the rich get richer.
... ouch. That will hurt for you.
Old 2007-11-16, 21:40   Link #98
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
All I can say is I love it. Tell your home team to please keep losing.
Old 2007-11-16, 21:45   Link #99
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
All I can say is I love it. Tell your home team to please keep losing.
Oh you hush. The Patriots dynasty will inevitably fall. Enjoy it while it lasts.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2007-11-16, 21:48   Link #100
High_Lord_Demonix
King of Nothing

Quote:
Oh you hush. The Patriots dynasty will inevitably fall. Enjoy it while it lasts.
I Don't even enjoy it well its there

BTW I HATE TONY ROMO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!
High_Lord_Demonix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports