AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-25, 23:43   Link #41
Phych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
I can just imagine the production meeting at M.O.E. when they decided on this:

Producer #1: We should do a hero show with cute girls!
Producer #2: We should do a show about tv producing with cute girls!
Producer #3: We should do a romantic school drama with cute girls!
Executive: What about ALL THREE?
Producer 1,2,3: Brilliant!
ROFL

So...are we referring people who look 13 but who are actually older as "MOE"? (example: jennwenn is MOE )
Old 2004-03-26, 00:32   Link #42
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
I have a feeling it's just going to be either the lives of the actresses of Cosprayers in Smash Hit. (wow thats a mouthful and confusing). As seen on the site, the kanji for their names are the same kanji as the names of the actresses of Cosprayers in Smash Hit (Yagami Natsumi for Koto, etc. etc.)
Yup, I think they are exactly the same girls who are actresses in Smash Hit! and the students in LOVE LOVE? At least their names are exactly the same... However there is an age problem, one of the girls is in elementary school grade 6, two in middle school grade 9, while the last two in last year of highschool. It'd be a bit strange if they somehow end up in the same school...
Old 2004-03-26, 07:47   Link #43
Onsen

Unhappy

Ep 2 (Triad's release) is causing Windows Explorer to repeatedly crash for some reason(even just left-clicking on the file causes it to kerplunk). I've downloaded it twice so far and the results are the same. The first ep doesn't do this, nor does any other video on my HD.
Anyone else having this problem?
Old 2004-03-26, 08:13   Link #44
u&t

Not really but the problem is probably windows media player crashing on the file, dragging down explorer with it.

1'st and guaranteed solution:
Don't use Windows. It's the suckiest os in the world for media playback.

2'nd solution (the one you probably want):
Make sure all the ffdshow, codecs and whatever stuff is correctly installed so that mediaplyer wont die so easily on you.
If that doesn't work browse the files with something different than windows explorer.
Old 2004-03-26, 09:45   Link #45
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

uninstall ffdshow, vobsub, xvid codec etc. etc. and then reinstall them...

or use MPlayer to play the file.
Old 2004-03-26, 10:13   Link #46
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onsen
Ep 2 (Triad's release) is causing Windows Explorer to repeatedly crash for some reason(even just left-clicking on the file causes it to kerplunk). I've downloaded it twice so far and the results are the same. The first ep doesn't do this, nor does any other video on my HD.
Delete it and re-download it. Sounds like explorer got hung up trying to create a thumbnail of the video and now the corrupted thumbnail data is killing explorer every time.

And delete your thumbs.db file in that folder too.
Old 2004-03-26, 11:11   Link #47
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onsen
A similar problem was caused recently when the XviD codec was updated (XviD beta 2 or 3 I think).

I suggest you uninstall all your existing codecs and install just ffdshow (ffdshow-20030523.exe). That normally solves most of the playback problems. Doesn't matter how many times you delete the file and download it, it won't fix the problem

And please, this thread is for the discussion of Smash Hit!, not how to solve playback problems. If anyone has problems with playback, then post in the Playback Help forum!
Old 2004-03-26, 13:38   Link #48
Evan
天使我爱你

hmm,smash hit has interesting cute characters to me ^^
The main character is soooooo cute!^^
anyone know how many ep is there in total?
Old 2004-03-26, 13:53   Link #49
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Smash Hit will have 8 episodes, like CosPrayers. Odds are Love©Love will also
be 8 episodes in length. Just looking at the site for the series, one can tell that
it uses some of the characters from both CosPrayers and Smash Hit. The three
combined would be 24 episodes long, a full anime season.

Although I don't care for the shows, I must tip my hat to M.O.E. for coming
up with such an ingenious plan. Three series, which are technically one, can
be marketed, sold and merchandised off separately. They've made it possible

to triple the pontential profit of one series. Kudos to the person who thought
that up.
Old 2004-03-26, 14:09   Link #50
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Smash Hit will have 8 episodes, like CosPrayers.
Also, much like Cosprayers, Smash Hit will have DVD episodes. Some of the DVD Cosprayers unaired eps should be out for you're viewing pleasure soon
Old 2004-03-27, 03:06   Link #51
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Hahaha, After just finishing the 2nd episode I finally understand why Cosprayer suck so bad. For one, the screenwriter is still in high school, the producer is a kiddie looking immature 25 year old woman who despises the project, and then we have the film crew; a bunch of louts who can't be taken seriously.
Spoiler:

Although Cosprayer stinks as a show on its own, I kind of get the feeling that it is done on purpose. It's a show within a show and Smash Hit! is carrying it through. I dunno whether to like this series yet or not but I must say, that this is turning out to be a really original idea. Although they could have shortened Cosprayer to 4 episodes or something.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-05-12 at 17:59.
Old 2004-03-27, 05:58   Link #52
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Omg I tought the main character was kinda short for a 25 year old. She's actually even shorter than high school students.
Old 2004-03-28, 12:32   Link #53
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Am I the only one really really liking this show?

Episode 3 of Smash Hit! explains even more things about cosprayers, that I had to go and look back at episode 4 to see what Mitsuki's talking about.

I think it's also pretty clever how they turned Yagami Natsumi (Hoshino Koto: The Red Miko) into a totally stuck up bitch even though she looked so innocent as the heroine in Cosprayers. I guess that's how a lot of movie stars really act.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-03-28 at 22:17.
Old 2004-03-28, 20:05   Link #54
Seiryuu

Why am I the only one willing to back up Cosprayers? Admittedly, it was week-old crap in many ways, but this is going overboard. At least the characters were believable, and things seemed to fit pretty well. Watch the show carefully and the ending DOES make sense. Also, this "bondage" bit is getting old. Why is it that when a general, coach, or teacher beats the snot out of a guy to get him to face his enemy and start fighting, it's called a normal teaching method or something the idiot had coming, while when a woman does it to a girl who whines that SHE can't face THEIR enemies, it's called bondage? Oh, BTW, stop comparing Cosprayers to the ep2 bit. In case you haven't noticed, that's supposed to be the version that was so horrendous that the producer was dumbfounded. In ep2, the writer and she work to bring it back to this side of bearability. The only things I really hated were the "Tennis Racquet Orgasmatron" and the "Sing away the Evil" bit at the end. BTW, could someone seed the Triad version of it? I'm trying to get the series from them and I'm making no progress.
As for smash hit, great show. Hilarious characters and funny situations, an overly unique show getting dragged through the dirt, I'm gonna enjoy this. As for the 25-yr-old child, I don't think it's all that unbelievable, nor was it designed thus to give the audience yet another cute childish face to look at. I think it was mainly done to add more humorous conflict to the girl's life, not to mention it should add to her hatred of kids' shows. Anyway, it's not the first time I've seen someone who looks extremely young. I met a girl in summer school awhile ago. She was 15. She was complaining alot of the time, because everyone thought she was lost and wanted to help her find her mommy. At fifteen years old, she didn't look a day over seven. Kinda pathetic, really. But just thought I'd say it DOES happen
Old 2004-03-28, 20:47   Link #55
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
Why is it that when a general, coach, or teacher beats the snot out of a guy to get him to face his enemy and start fighting, it's called a normal teaching method or something the idiot had coming
Actually, nowadays it's generally considered abuse, and people get fired, sued, or arrested for such actions.
Old 2004-03-28, 21:22   Link #56
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phych
ROFL

So...are we referring people who look 13 but who are actually older as "MOE"? (example: jennwenn is MOE )
Heh, well "MOE" is a heckuva lot shorter than "person who looks younger than she or he really is". Useful word really. Gotta love the name M.O.E. I mean naming your studio "Master of Entertainment"?! So arrogant-sounding, its funny.

Random Thoughts:
In episode 2, the producer is in the middle of giving this passionate speech about her love of detective flicks and the whole time the camera focuses on her chest or her legs hehehe.

In the ending credits, is that a scene of a martial arts instructor coaching the actors on combat? I wanna see that!

OMG the film crew are a bunch of pervs! No wonder the show's so pointlessly ecchi! (Or perhaps this is a self-styled parody of the MOE staff too hehe...)

So almost all the girls are wearing wigs or fixed up their hair? I couldn't tell who they were with the different hairstlyes. Priscilla's hair is totally different and Scarlet's not a blonde in real life, er...animation life...

And in LoveLove, it looks like that high school scriptwriter goes to the same school as Scarlet's actress and Miko Red's actress. This is gonna be great!

When are we going to see the actors for Chris and the evil Princess?!?!
Old 2004-03-28, 21:26   Link #57
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Am I the one really really liking this show?

Episode 3 of Smash Hit! explains even more things about cosprayers, that I had to go and look back at episode 4 to see what Mitsuki's talking about.

I think it's also pretty clever how they turned Yagami Natsumi (Hoshino Koto: The Red Miko) into a totally stuck up bitch even though she looked so innocent as the heroine in Cosprayers. I guess that's how a lot of movie stars really act.
Yeah, and the fact that she's the WORST actress and takes the longest with her scenes, just like her character is a total screw-up heroine who whines all the time. And Keiki Youko (Scarlet role) is the same! She's still the tough one in Cosprayers and Smash Hit, lol.
Old 2004-03-28, 23:29   Link #58
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
Also, this "bondage" bit is getting old. Why is it that when a general, coach, or teacher beats the snot out of a guy to get him to face his enemy and start fighting, it's called a normal teaching method or something the idiot had coming, while when a woman does it to a girl who whines that SHE can't face THEIR enemies, it's called bondage?
The bondage bit was when the catholic girl was bound to the cross and whipped by her brother. Obviously quite BDSM.

That was what, episode 6?
Old 2004-03-29, 01:11   Link #59
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
So almost all the girls are wearing wigs or fixed up their hair? I couldn't tell who they were with the different hairstlyes. Priscilla's hair is totally different and Scarlet's not a blonde in real life, er...animation life...

And in LoveLove, it looks like that high school scriptwriter goes to the same school as Scarlet's actress and Miko Red's actress. This is gonna be great!
If the cast of sailor moon live action r watching this show, I bet it'll be like looking through the mirror lol.

I can't wait to see love love or whatever it is. I bet it's like a romance story in the middle of auditioning for Cosprayers and Yagami Natsumi will be the antagonist.
Old 2004-03-29, 03:50   Link #60
JacobM5727

Send a message via ICQ to JacobM5727 Send a message via AIM to JacobM5727 Send a message via Yahoo to JacobM5727
ive seen the three eps out now, its a good show, sure it has fan service, but i am a fan, and i have no problem with being serviced

i didnt really like cosprayers, but this show is awesome... i love the ED video
Closed Thread