AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 24 37.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-12, 14:26   Link #101
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Yep you are lucky.

I also have two very stubbon "yaros" who won't even take a sniff at this because they looked at some screencaps and was immediately turned off by it. Could have at least given one ep a try

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-12, 14:28   Link #102
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Yep you are lucky.

I also have two very stubbon "yaros" who won't even take a sniff at this because they looked at some screencaps and was immediately turned off by it. Could have at least given one ep a try
One ep was all it took for me.

But all this conversation is no longer about episode 5 right?

Old 2008-05-12, 14:34   Link #103
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Yep you are lucky.

Well, that's more or less because I'm the 'Kingpin' when it comes to the latest anime

I control what they see

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
One ep was all it took for me.

But all this conversation is no longer about episode 5 right?

Silence! It'll be awhile before the mods are on to us!

Old 2008-05-12, 15:01   Link #104
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this was one show honestly I was skeptical about when I saw some previews on it. Probably was the art that made me wonder if I was going to enjoy it. First episode was pretty good, but wasn't immediately drawing me in. Once we got a couple more episodes then I really started to enjoy this one. Everyone certainly has their own views and at least its good for discussion.

Had no clue how that group was going to survive against Stein at the end of the last episode. Did seem way too powerful for those guys to take on. Then he pretty much lived to that expectation. Owning Black Star while still on his chair, destroying the Witch Hunter, blocking Black Star's big wave. Then it really was a test all along. Not to defeat them of course.

Have heard a Chaos called a few things, first time for 'Kingpin' though .
Old 2008-05-12, 15:11   Link #105
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lot of nice moments in this ep with all the characters.... no real complaints. Battles *and* character exposition ftw. (9/10)
Old 2008-05-12, 17:52   Link #106
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The hell?

I was 100% sure that Stein was a villain... well technically he is a very sadistic guy, so he might fall into the same category.

Also they killed Sid for uhm that?? As if I would prefer being a zombie over being alive.

Steins entrance into the classroom was awesome though.
Old 2008-05-12, 18:02   Link #107
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Stein sadism probably works quite well in "instructor mode", but it was seriously creepy when he started drawing on Maka.

I'm still not clear whether Sid was killed as part of the experiment/test or whether they just took advantage of him being killed due to some other unrelated reason.

I'm also unclear on why Black*Star thought bare-handed combat (without Tsubaki) was a Good Idea... but then we already know he's one of those special idiots
Old 2008-05-12, 18:06   Link #108
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Stein sadism probably works quite well in "instructor mode", but it was seriously creepy when he started drawing on Maka.
I thought that was hot, in a very creepy way of course.

Quote:
I'm still not clear whether Sid was killed as part of the experiment/test or whether they just took advantage of him being killed due to some other unrelated reason.
Well either way he's a zombie that partook in this training session.

Quote:
I'm also unclear on why Black*Star thought bare-handed combat (without Tsubaki) was a Good Idea... but then we already know he's one of those special idiots
I think Tsubaki was still holding down Sid with her ponytail-chain. That, and Black Star's a special idiot like you said.

Old 2008-05-12, 18:21   Link #109
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Would agree with you there. The drawing was certainly pushing the creepiness. Though the fact that he was experimenting on her father makes him capable of anything. No wonder she had a nightmare that night. Good timing with Black Star jumping in.
Quote:
Well he's apparently not too bad at close range and Stein was unarmed so probably didn't think it was too insane. Had his special move as well if it came to that. Besides isn't the type to stand on the sidelines (and let others be the main guys on stage ) and with Tsubaki busy didn't have many options.
Old 2008-05-12, 18:42   Link #110
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Also they killed Sid for uhm that?? As if I would prefer being a zombie over being alive.
It's awfully advantageous for Shibusen though. Now they have somebody who can go on missions without worrying about him dying by conventional means
Old 2008-05-12, 21:33   Link #111
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have heard a Chaos called a few things, first time for 'Kingpin' though .
Okay, so it's an Exaggeration... But you get the idea
Old 2008-05-12, 23:29   Link #112
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

guitar scene is awesome and cute
Old 2008-05-12, 23:55   Link #113
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah, I'd failed to notice that Tsubaki was fully occupied with Sid. My bad.
Old 2008-05-13, 00:01   Link #114
Godly_senselessness

This is a refreshing anime.Black star and soul eater are real cool and black star absolutely cracks me up every episode.The way they introduced him in episode 2 was awesome.They show him all bad ass just before he jumps on Capone but then HA he's determined to make a show of it lol and messes up.Come to think of it kid was also introduced the same way until the symmetry ocd came up.This show is awesome.
Old 2008-05-13, 22:11   Link #115
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godly_senselessness View Post
This is a refreshing anime.Black star and soul eater are real cool and black star absolutely cracks me up every episode.The way they introduced him in episode 2 was awesome.They show him all bad ass just before he jumps on Capone but then HA he's determined to make a show of it lol and messes up.Come to think of it kid was also introduced the same way until the symmetry ocd came up.This show is awesome.

I think somebody mentioned it before; all the male leads in this series has a screw loose somewhere

Coincidentally, they all have quite unique names while the girls' have rather plain names...
Old 2008-05-15, 12:16   Link #116
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Man, I never thought I'd ever like a series akin to the likes of Naruto and Bleach ever again, but this one's got style. And it doesn't seem to be going filler anytime soon. Win.

It's a cartoon, clear cut, the message's in the style; but y'know, that isn't half bad when a cartoon is so cool like this.

I need to catch up to the manga though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I think somebody mentioned it before; all the male leads in this series has a screw loose somewhere
All for great fun.

Quite frankly, they would be totally overpowered (well, except against Shinigami-sama, who is beyond powerful, being a god and all) if they don't have such "restrictions."

You can kind of see it in this episode: Maka and Soul got talent and a potentially very powerful soul resonance, as well as main lead powers; Black Star got Kyuubi chak-, I mean shonen power, and of course Tsubaki herself is a walking, talking weapon of mass awesomeness, or moeness, depending on who you ask.

Death the Kidd is a special case. He's a god too so yeah. And those gunslinging girls are deadly as they are.

3 pairs of sheer pwnage.
Old 2008-05-15, 14:09   Link #117
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Quite frankly, they would be totally overpowered (well, except against Shinigami-sama, who is beyond powerful, being a god and all) if they don't have such "restrictions."

You can kind of see it in this episode: Maka and Soul got talent and a potentially very powerful soul resonance, as well as main lead powers; Black Star got Kyuubi chak-, I mean shonen power, and of course Tsubaki herself is a walking, talking weapon of mass awesomeness, or moeness, depending on who you ask.

Death the Kidd is a special case. He's a god too so yeah. And those gunslinging girls are deadly as they are.

3 pairs of sheer pwnage.
Does make the series interesting as the character issues of the male leads can create problems. Just imagine the damage that could be inflicted if Black Star was in serious mode all the time. Instead always finds a way to get himself hurt. But makes it interesting since when he does get serious then some 'big' things can happen. Paired up with the most moe smoke bomb you'll find anywhere . But Tsubaki really is quite versatile and patient.

Considering they got the 99 souls and just failed on the witch part, Maka and Soul really are something. Know they have the Witch Hunter move up their sleeve, long as Maka doesn't trip...

Easy to see how Death's problem can create some chaos. Lucky for the sisters they can use each other to fight, just in case Death runs off to check on something. Certainly has a humorous character issue. Well unless he's angry at you for not being symmetrical .
Old 2008-06-06, 14:42   Link #118
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Watching episode 5 at the moment, and I must say I like the style of this screw-loose doctor in chair.

Yeah.. style!
Closed Thread