AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-04, 05:07   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

AnoHana - Character Discussion - Tsuruko (Tsurumi Chiriko)

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Tsuruko (Tsurumi Chiriko) related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all AnoHana fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-05-04, 10:18   Link #2
Sebasu
~

She's my bias on the show. Love her. I don't get why people take her as bitchy, I think she's just ~classy~.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-04, 11:08   Link #3
User68604
Disabled By Request

classy or...arrogant? shes got a superiority complex, as demonstrated by talking down to anaru

so shes my least fav char thus far, but generally speaking....theres always a backstory and reason behind it.
Old 2011-05-04, 11:46   Link #4
Mr.Garfield

I just love her voice! :x
And i think it does give off some "classy" feeling, as Sebasu said lol
Old 2011-05-05, 22:46   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Tsuruko was already showing hints of it, but episode 4 cements her as GAR. She's elevated to one of the best characters of the year after tonight.
Old 2011-05-05, 22:48   Link #6
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

For some reason, episode 4 just made me like Tsuruko a lot now. I give her two thumbs up for calling out Yukiatsu
Old 2011-05-05, 23:39   Link #7
Sebasu
~

She solidified my love for her on episode 4. She's like the Ami of this show, but classier. xD

That might be unbelievable for Yukiatsu to be thrown under the bus by his best friend, but she's definitely the instrument for his "healing".
Old 2011-05-05, 23:46   Link #8
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebasu View Post
She solidified my love for her on episode 4. She's like the Ami of this show, but classier. xD

That might be unbelievable for Yukiatsu to be thrown under the bus by his best friend, but she's definitely the instrument for his "healing".
Interesting comparison. I didn't madly love Toradora but I did like it, and Ami was a character for whom my feelings did a complete 180. I hated her at first, and by the end she was my favorite character on the show. I never hated Tsuruko and she's become a favorite much faster, but I can see the parallels.
Old 2011-05-06, 11:48   Link #9
User68604
Disabled By Request

i agree, her stock went up quite a few points when she called yukiatsu out in the woods. was worried that he'd get away and we'd have several more eps of nonsense...at least things will develop quick now
Old 2011-05-06, 20:17   Link #10
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Climbed so fast and high up on my list in just this ep. She's below Menma, and I love Menma to death. Loved her in the latest ep, so bad.
Old 2011-05-07, 06:22   Link #11
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
She's below Menma, and I love Menma to death.
I hope that was an intentional pun.

I'm really rather interested in seeing how Tsuroko feels about Menma's death. So far, it's seems like she's just been indifferent, but the drawing she made in the recent episode shows otherwise. I hope we get a little background on that in the upcoming episodes.
Old 2011-05-07, 08:43   Link #12
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebasu View Post
She's my bias on the show. Love her. I don't get why people take her as bitchy, I think she's just ~classy~.
I think if she was a trauma surgeon and you needed an amputation, she'd do it, without hesitating or showing much agony over the decision. Not because she doesn't care, but because it's the right thing to do. Maybe to some people, that translates as "bitchy".

Well, her interactions with Anaru showed she wasn't above letting her own emotions get to her, but in the end, she came through with what was necessary.
Old 2011-05-08, 14:21   Link #13
kitten320

She really did rise in my list as well, catching Yukiatsu like this was dead on right desicion. Really liked how she called out to him so he would come out of the hiding.

I hope she keeps it up.

P.S. I really think that she has a thing for Yukiatsu... even though I don't like him right now, he better come around and somehow respond to her feelings.
Old 2011-05-08, 20:58   Link #14
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
P.S. I really think that she has a thing for Yukiatsu... even though I don't like him right now, he better come around and somehow respond to her feelings.
I'm sort of curious why people think this. This isn't the first time I've heard the idea, and honestly I'm not sure how much I like it. We already have one girl who can provide enough love drama, so I'm kinda hoping Tsuruko be different. Has Tsuruko shown any signs of liking Yukiatsu any more than friends?

Also, I'm kinda glad that I guessed right about parts of her character. She's definitely interesting and I'm hoping to see a lot done with her.
Old 2011-05-08, 22:26   Link #15
Shadow5YA

I wouldn't say Tsuruko loves Yukiatsu just yet, but she definitely cares about him a great deal. Yukiatsu has personal issues that no one should know about unless they cared to enough to notice.
Old 2011-05-09, 00:13   Link #16
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
As usual, I have a certain affinity for arrogant, aloof, and sophisticated/intelligent female characters. Of course, she did say some fucked up stuff to Anaru, which I felt was kinda overboard, but I think she's made up for that in recent episodes.

Everyone in this show seems to have found a different way to cope with what happened. Her way was just to become detatched and succeed in other aspects. Yukitasu's kinda like that too.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-05-09, 19:26   Link #17
kitten320

Maybe not romantic yet but still strong feelings.
Old 2011-05-10, 18:30   Link #18
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

I didn't like her at first, but I'm neutral towards her now. I'm sure, just like the others, there's much about her character that has yet to be revealed, but as of now I find her very cold. Her calling out Yukiatsu on his strange "hobby" was a step in the right direction, but not quite enough to win me over.

She doesn't come off as particularly "classy" to me, she actually seems like the kind of person that prides herself on every minuscule thing she does. I will say she does seem to be one of the more intelligent characters, although it may just be her bluntness.
Old 2011-05-11, 13:24   Link #19
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordShaker View Post
I hope that was an intentional pun.

I'm really rather interested in seeing how Tsuroko feels about Menma's death. So far, it's seems like she's just been indifferent
I think that she might have been hit pretty hard by Menma's death and the subsequent dissolution of the Peace Busters, judging by how much more bright and cheerful she seemed as a child (The best example probably comes from the ending theme - I like pausing all the frames of animation she shows up in to contrast the difference between her child and teenage selves - though her eyes seem much more clear, open, and unburdened in all the flashbacks period, such as around the 3:10 mark from the first episode; one could argue that her eyes are drawn to make her look more mature simply because she's older, though I think the change is supposed to represent a change in character since Poppo's made the transition to mid/late teenagehood as bright-eyed as ever). I think she might have gone through changes somewhat similar to Jintan's, even if her personality change is more subtle and doesn't attract as much attention (From both the audience as well as the other characters) because she's doing well and living a decent life regardless.
Old 2011-05-12, 22:06   Link #20
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
She is one of those typical characters [you] hate initially but end up liking after [you] figure her out. It is dumb and typical, thus [I] am hopeful that [I] may be wrong and will end up still hating her.

Tags
characters