AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hyouka

Notices

View Poll Results: Hyouka - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 42 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 41.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-08, 19:00   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Hyouka - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hyouka, Episode 21.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-09-09, 11:48   Link #2
mixordia

Satoshi... wtf... sad...
Old 2012-09-09, 12:03   Link #3
whitecloud

Oreki...satoshi....how could you....oreki especially....how could you deny everything...
Old 2012-09-09, 13:41   Link #4
Dr. Casey

Have to admit, these first two posts have me very curious what happened.
Old 2012-09-09, 14:02   Link #5
rulfo

That has got to be one of the most pained expressions I've ever seen.... The way Chitanda looked like there was wow..... I wouldn't expect that in this season.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-09-09 at 14:14.
Old 2012-09-09, 14:11   Link #6
Dr. Casey

Amazing... I simply can't believe what I just... wow... did that really just... my god... Hyouka will never be the same again...
Old 2012-09-09, 16:49   Link #7
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

I don't understand! DX Why would you do that Satoshi!?

Subs come out already plz orz
Old 2012-09-09, 16:51   Link #8
Rakshasa

This reminds me about Mouretsu Kaizoku, where both know what happened but both keep the front up to make things easier to handle.

Seems the two have a rather more difficult relationship than Chitanda and Oreki...
Old 2012-09-09, 18:13   Link #9
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

I don't think I've seen Chitanda so rage angry before. That was kinda scary.
Old 2012-09-09, 18:16   Link #10
Eater of All
NOM

Wow, I really hope it wasn't the time spent shadowing Houtarou's genius that led Satoshi to this state.

This is depressing stuff, but hopefully I can take that phone call at the end as a sign of hope.
Old 2012-09-09, 18:31   Link #11
Pen3

It seems like Eru thinks the world is all nice and fluffy. No wonder nobody wants to tell her the dirty side of anything. If she gets together with Oreki, i bet it would be simple for him to cheap on her with other girls lol.
Old 2012-09-09, 18:52   Link #12
mixordia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
It seems like Eru thinks the world is all nice and fluffy. No wonder nobody wants to tell her the dirty side of anything. If she gets together with Oreki, i bet it would be simple for him to cheap on her with other girls lol.
In reality I think it's the opposite, I think she knows very well about the problems of the world, the problem is that she is the kind of person who doesn't hold grudges or see evil in anything, she tries to see the best in people, even though they are not as good so...

She felt totally responsible for the chocolate and in her place I would have the same reactions, I also have this feeling of responsibility... like we've never seen her in such a situation, it's really scary to see her that way ... it shows that she isn't only a "happy girl". Since the last episode comes up showing how she really is, the world in which she lives is full of responsibilities, she's rich and come from a important family... her life isn't perfect, she grew up being educated to be responsible for their actions / take responsibility for everything she does.
Old 2012-09-09, 19:07   Link #13
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Mayaka has updated her relationship status to "It's complicated."

Chitanda rage is a frightening thing.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The culprit was obvious from the start, but the motives were more complicated than they first appeared. In the end though, it was still mostly cowardice at its core, even if it's the nuanced kind.

Spoiler for Episode 21:
Old 2012-09-09, 19:08   Link #14
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

So basically Satoshi does not want to commit?

@Thereminvox - I hope they do get together, but it might change the club atmosphere. Too lovey dovey..
Old 2012-09-09, 19:13   Link #15
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...as long as Chitanda and Houtarou get together in the end...to me it doesnt really matter if Mayaka and Satoshi does...

...btw wonder what is gonna happen to the last volume...
Old 2012-09-09, 19:24   Link #16
mixordia

Satoshi can have his reasons, but I don't agree with any of them... poor Mayaka in her place I would be totally devastated.

well, I really don't care much about Satoshi x Mayaka relationship... It's very complicated... Houtarou and Chitanda are my bbs... I love these two.
Old 2012-09-09, 19:30   Link #17
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
So basically Satoshi does not want to commit?

It was that way since the first ep. and even so during Mayaka's stint at the shrine. He didn't take her out as a date like Chitanda did with Oreki. He went home to watch a movie instead of being at the shrine with her. (Whatever happened to streaming on your cellphone?) Mayaka should have gotten a clue. She clearly continued to be friend zoned. In reality, who is going to want to date such a bossy, moody female? Kaho is a better candidate than her and is interested in Satoshi.

Also, how do we know that Satoshi isn't gay?
Old 2012-09-09, 19:35   Link #18
Markerlight

Surprisingly intense episode, for something revolving around a single chocolate. I felt like socking Satoshi in the gut by the end.
Old 2012-09-09, 19:42   Link #19
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
In reality I think it's the opposite, I think she knows very well about the problems of the world, the problem is that she is the kind of person who doesn't hold grudges or see evil in anything, she tries to see the best in people, even though they are not as good so...

She felt totally responsible for the chocolate and in her place I would have the same reactions, I also have this feeling of responsibility... like we've never seen her in such a situation, it's really scary to see her that way ... it shows that she isn't only a "happy girl". Since the last episode comes up showing how she really is, the world in which she lives is full of responsibilities, she's rich and come from a important family... her life isn't perfect, she grew up being educated to be responsible for their actions / take responsibility for everything she does.
Yeah, I agree with this. You get a real sense of her strong sense of responsibility in this episode, and the fact that she knows what it means when injustice has been done, and intends to do something about it. This reminds me of the episode where she called out her math teacher for unfairly scolding the class. Chitanda isn't just a nice naive girl--we now know what makes her angry--and somewhat surprisingly, she's something of a hothead when provoked. It's probably fortunate Houtarou prevented her from doing something drastic with bad consequences, especially considering how she needs to hold up her family's reputation.

Also, even *after* she found out the truth, she knew it'd be best to play along--in a way, she ended up outsmarting Houtarou, who had made up the fib to calm her down in the first place. And while lying in a relationship is obviously never the preferred solution, it's clear she understands why Houtarou did what he did, and appreciates his good intentions. I also like how we saw Houtarou get downright angry at Satoshi, because of how he affected Chitanda. I don't know if we've ever seen him so protective of her before.

While I thought Houtarou and Chitanda were flagged as a couple from ep. 1, I always thought of Satoshi and Mayaka as farther along. After all, there was an earlier and explicit confession, and they really do act like a couple in so many ways. I thought Satoshi was suffering a normal version of the wishy-washiness common to men, and would eventually come along without too much drama. Boy was I wrong. Poor Mayaka... At the cost of making him less likable, the writers have made Satoshi a fascinating character.
Old 2012-09-09, 19:45   Link #20
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It was that way since the first ep. and even so during Mayaka's stint at the shrine. He didn't take her out as a date like Chitanda did with Oreki. He went home to watch a movie instead of being at the shrine with her. (Whatever happened to streaming on your cellphone?) Mayaka should have gotten a clue. She clearly continued to be friend zoned. In reality, who is going to want to date such a bossy, moody female? Kaho is a better candidate than her and is interested in Satoshi.

Also, how do we know that Satoshi isn't gay?
I like Mayaka, but i have to agree those two shouldn't be together and i was never a fan of Eru (still find her annoying and invasive).
Satoshi x Kaho or Satoshi x Guy
Oreki x Kaho / Oreki x Irisu / Oreki x Tomoe....
The Classics club should just stay friend zone forever
Closed Thread