AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 02:55   Link #301
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

@Sumeragi

To be fair, protesting Korean influence makes more sense, because they actually have ears to listen.
I'm pretty sure most of these ultra-nationalists sees the raging rioters as much less civilized group and any words would be a waste.
Old 2012-09-22, 02:59   Link #302
Sumeragi
Banned

Meh, it's connected to why I want conscription: Japan as a whole has become too herbivorous to survive in this harsh world. This includes the majority of those worthless trash that call themselves nationalists.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 03:11   Link #303
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Hey, there's good side to that.

That's why even when a historical scale earthquake and tsunami wipe out your home and half your entire family, they still stand peacefully in line to recieve food from surviving marketplace, instead of going nuts looting.
Old 2012-09-22, 05:32   Link #304
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Before we all get off track here and go off the topic...

Chinese man gets beaten for driving a Toyota Corolla. I warn you that the image may be too graphic for you. Read at your own risk.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 05:59   Link #305
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Epic face palm .....WTF ???

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 06:07   Link #306
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Bloody disgusting stuff by the locals!
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:12   Link #307
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
I read this several days ago. No defense for the group of self-proclaimed nationalist who does this. I doubt this self-proclaimed nationalist even care about the content of the protest, they just want to find an outlet for their frustration toward their sorry self
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:23   Link #308
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Now do you people see why overseas ethical chinese have a general distaste for their distant mainland kins ? We will gladly severed any ties to them in a heartbeat if given the chance.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:00   Link #309
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Now do you people see why overseas ethical chinese have a general distaste for their distant mainland kins ? We will gladly severed any ties to them in a heartbeat if given the chance.
........Eh? What ties?
Old 2012-09-22, 10:03   Link #310
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
........Eh? What ties?
Namely economic and political.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:23   Link #311
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Oh...those....

You can't call those "ties" so much as "necessity" unfortunately

Quote:
As for conscription in Japan, I'm in favor of seeing the famed samurai ferocity which the Americans faced and feared in Iwo Jima which had indirectly pushed for the use of atomics emerged once more. But it might be hard-pressed given how soft the current generation is.
You know, conscript army is generally not as effective as a professional one...especially if Japan's populace at large don't have the heart for it.....

Face it, even our SAF is propped up by the professional core. Without a threat in our everyday state, conscripts have better things to care about outside the military.

What Japan needs actually is to tear up that highly retarded and increasingly irrelevant Article 9 and stop emasculating themselves. I'm sure the US would appreciate the extra help in contributing to that region's security
Old 2012-09-22, 12:29   Link #312
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The only types of groups that would caught where hearts and minds would be the JSDCF and the JSDMA(G).

The Japanese Self Defence Cosmo Forces and the Japanse Self Defence Mechanical Armors (Gundam).
Old 2012-09-22, 21:41   Link #313
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Well I don't know if I should feel sorry for the stupidity for the beatings.

Though it was understandable why some of the local employees placed pro-Chinese signs at the front door...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-09-22, 22:17   Link #314
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Well I don't know if I should feel sorry for the stupidity for the beatings.

Though it was understandable why some of the local employees placed pro-Chinese signs at the front door...
For me, there's no excuse on which people should defend the beating of their own. Neither they can bring the phrase "we'll do what we want" without expecting consequences afterwards.
Old 2012-09-22, 23:07   Link #315
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

So about the islands.. Historically, who owns it? (pre-WW2)
Old 2012-09-22, 23:16   Link #316
LeoXiao
思想工作

As said already in many posts beforehand, Japan was the first to actually own it from 1895 to 1945, but the Chinese discovered and probably considered it theirs a few hundred years ago.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 23:16   Link #317
Sumeragi
Banned

Until Japan claimed them officially following the Qing-Japan war, there was no real owner of the islands. It's different from the other conflicts where Dokdo had a historical owner and the Northern Territories were always inhabited by either the Ainu or Japanese until it was officially incorporated as part of an agreement with Russia concerning the Kuriles and Sakhalin.

And no, let's face it: The supposed idea of "discovery" doesn't hold up given how Taiwan was always apart from China Proper until the Qing invaded it because Ming Loyalists escaped to the island, and even then the Qing never truly tried to incorporate the islands unlike what it did with the Ryukyus.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 15:33   Link #318
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Foxconn's Taiyuan plant on riot, facilities damaged

oh boy

Quote:
News just came in that workers at Foxconn's Taiyuan plant have started a riot in the wee hours in China, and that police forces are on site to control the crowd. While the motive isn't clear, Sina Weibo user Li Tian reports that the riot isn't related to the recent anti-Japan protests, though judging by his photos, much damage has been done in the process. The same site suffered from a strike back in March over salary dispute -- the front-line workers failed to receive the promised pay rise. On a similar note, Foxconn's Chengdu plant also had a riot in June, but that was apparently due to an argument between some workers and a local restaurant owner.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/23/f...-taiyuan-riot/

while the island dispute is not the direct result. pretty sure it influential this

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 20:19   Link #319
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/japan-china...233009627.html

Quote:
TOKYO (Reuters) - Two Chinese marine surveillance ships entered what Japan considers its territorial waters near disputed islands in the East China Sea on Monday, the Japanese Coast Guard said, a move bound to raise tension between Asia's two largest economies.

China's Xinhua news agency confirmed that two civilian surveillance ships were undertaking a "rights defense" patrol in waters near the disputed islands, citing the State Oceanic Administration, which controls the ships.

Sino-Japanese relations deteriorated sharply after Japan bought the islands, called Senkaku in Japan and Diaoyu in China, sparking anti-Japan protests in cities across China.

"In recent days, Japan has constantly provoked incidents concerning the Diaoyu islands issue, gravely violating China's territorial sovereignty," China's Xinhua news agency said.

The ship patrols were intended to exercise China's "administrative jurisdiction" over the islands, it said.

The Japanese Coast Guard ordered the Chinese ships to move out of the area, but received no response, a coast guard official said.

Sino-Japanese ties have long been plagued by China's bitter memories of Japan's military aggression in the 1930s and 1940s and present rivalry over regional influence and resources.

The islets are located near rich fishing grounds and potentially huge gas reserves.
For the part in bold, I wonder what is the current line of conduct (if not saying the rules of engagement) of the Japanese Coast Guard. In normal time for any coast guard, an intrusion shouldn't go like that without some sort of response from either ship. Even the Canadian Coast Guard gave the Spanish trawlers something to think about in 1995 when the latter violated our waters doing some illegal fishing.
Old 2012-09-23, 20:24   Link #320
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

IIRC, the JCG did fire warning shots at North Korean spy ships trying to enter Japanese waters.

If worse comes to worse, they can do that. Or they can fire warning shots and get the SST to board them.

Tags
border, china, dispute, japan