2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-19, 14:17   Link #241
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apotheosis View Post
Eren was hot headed without any (sudden) outside pressure like that. Sure, he is carrying a lot of long term baggage, but so is Mikasa.
Thomas dying from a sudden surprise attack doesn't count as "external" pressure?
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 14:25   Link #242
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

No, clearly Eren just flew off the handle on his own with absolutely no provocation.

/sarcasm.

P.S. I will forever be jealous you snagged that Avatar before me Iron Maw.
Old 2013-05-19, 14:34   Link #243
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Now you are just being incredibly biased, and obviously won't see reason on this issue. Your focus on Eren's flaws and denial of Mikasa's means we won't get anywhere in this discussion.

1) You are assuming Eren was somehow magically aware of an entire group of Titans moving under the cover of buildings that had already surrounded them. They weren't aware of any of them aside from the Deviant Titan that had leaped at them from a significant distance away. The rest were concealed by the buildings. I don't see how Eren's "sense" has anything to do with this. They were ambushed, plain and simple. NONE of them were aware of how bad the situation was until all those Titan's moved out of concealment, in which case everyone but Arwin was already out of the fight.

2) Mikasa's group wasn't immediately surrounded and outnumbered by a group of Titan's, the fact she could stand there, ask questions and give her epic speech is enough evidence of that.

They were in WAY less immediate danger and are aware of their situation. Those point alone already gave her group a significant advantage. Then we count in she has far more people in a group, including several other top members of her class, and 4 people still already died.
1:Hugh numbers of titans wondering around isn't a big enough clue for you?

2:One of the basic concepts about Titans=Large groups of people attract Titans hence why the the walls where designed the way they are and why the Titans converged of the supply base.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 14:35   Link #244
Claym0re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
BTW, did anyone find this part kind of strange?

Spoiler for Too big image:
What was all that about?
No?

Guess Reiner is the squad leader and Annie asked what to do. I think if Mikasa haven't made that "courage speech" and acted on her own Reiner would have organized the retreat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Fenrir as I said the hate is most likely due to Erens mannerisms most anime fans don't like people who are loud,boastful,angry and brash everything bad that happens to him or around will stand out due to his attitude be labelled as his fault. Were on the other Mikasa is silent,reserved keeps to herself.
To be honest apart from the scene where he killed the bandits there is nothing wrong with Eren. Take it out of the equasion and you get a fully emotional and vocal 16yrs old kid which is completely normal. Yes he was super angry when it was about the titans (hey guess what they killed his mother) but apart from that he was purposeful, trustworthy and supportive.

Last edited by Claym0re; 2013-05-19 at 14:52.
Claym0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 14:45   Link #245
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
1:Hugh numbers of titans wondering around isn't a big enough clue for you?

2:One of the basic concepts about Titans=Large groups of people attract Titans hence why the the walls where designed the way they are and why the Titans converged of the supply base.

1) you mean the huge number of titans that were far off in the distance, compared to the one Titan that they could actually see nearby that attacked them?

2) That is still nowhere near immediate danger, and the entire point is whose situation was worse off, and the clear answer was Eren's group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claym0re View Post
No?

Guess Reiner is the squad leader and Annie asked what to do. I think if Mikasa haven't made that "courage speech" and acted on her own Reiner would have organized the retreat.
It would be odd if Reiner was the squad leader when Annie was the higher ranking member of that team.
Old 2013-05-19, 14:55   Link #246
Newhope

Apart from the the frist attack, what danger everything that happened after the initial attack was their fault and their fault alone, he acted rashly and they paid for it simple as that.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 14:55   Link #247
Claym0re

Quote:
It would be odd if Reiner was the squad leader when Annie was the higher ranking member of that team.
Reiner is the second best graduated student right after Mikasa. Annie was 4th.
Old 2013-05-19, 14:57   Link #248
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Apart from the the frist attack, what danger everything that happened after the initial attack was their fault and their fault alone, he acted rashly and they paid for it simple as that.
So you keep asserting, incorrectly so.

The fact a Titan already got behind Arwin is proof they were surrounded, as he is the only one that hadn't moved.

As Ymir said, they got ambushed by a large group of titans. It was nothing but bad luck that did them all in. Any other group would have suffered the same fate.
Old 2013-05-19, 15:19   Link #249
zRichard

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestselle...d_1_16378461_1

5 Titan disks among the Top11 best selling on Amazon.jp.
Old 2013-05-19, 15:23   Link #250
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

that iM@S.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 15:29   Link #251
apotheosis
Shinigami

Quote:
Thomas dying from a sudden surprise attack doesn't count as "external" pressure?
Eren was hotheaded even before that. He's pretty much been that way the entire series, yes?

Even in training .. the mess hall .. berating soldiers, anywhere.
apotheosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 15:36   Link #252
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Now we see the purpose of the 3-4m class Titans. These are the guys that can get deep inside buildings. There really is no hiding from them.
Well, they could have built lower ceilings and doorways, and narrower corridors. That and a bunch of 30m tall towers to get around would have solved a lot of problems, unless they had to deal with an intelligent Titan who'd know to break those buildings, the way Colossal and Armored knew to break the gates.

Quote:
I think it was pretty interesting that the second Titan the new Renegade Titan faced seemed to instantly recognize Renegade Titan as a threat and charged. I feel this displays some modicum of intelligence.
Or instinct. Though really, recognizing someone who punches you in the face as an enemy doesn't require a lot of intelligence.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 15:46   Link #253
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
No, clearly Eren just flew off the handle on his own with absolutely no provocation.

/sarcasm.

P.S. I will forever be jealous you snagged that Avatar before me Iron Maw.
Hey, I requested it.

Quote:
Reiner is the second best graduated student right after Mikasa. Annie was 4th.
That doesn't mean they weren't leading their own teams like Eren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apotheosis View Post
Eren was hotheaded even before that. He's pretty much been that way the entire series, yes?

Even in training .. the mess hall .. berating soldiers, anywhere.
He's actually mellowed out that aspect of himself thoughout episodes 4-5. Even then the only people Eren really did that to were the Garrison members (who were laying about on their jobs) and Jean. But Jean tends to provoke fights with him anyway.

EDIT: There was that minor scene with Armin in ep 2, but he was in a state of grief then.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-05-19 at 16:01.
Old 2013-05-19, 15:50   Link #254
BoyTitan

Quote:
1) you mean the huge number of titans that were far off in the distance, compared to the one Titan that they could actually see nearby that attacked them?

2) That is still nowhere near immediate danger, and the entire point is whose situation was worse off, and the clear answer was Eren's group.

Annie is a coward. REINER IS A WARRIOR.
Old 2013-05-19, 16:00   Link #255
Claym0re

Quote:
That doesn't mean they weren't leading their own teams like Eren.
Thats an other possibility yes. Even so a squad leader asking an other what to do seems fairly normal to me.
Old 2013-05-19, 16:01   Link #256
hyper_oats

Spoiler for Comparison to the Manga:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-19 at 16:39.
hyper_oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 16:05   Link #257
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Thats an other possibility yes. Even so a squad leader asking an other what to do seems fairly normal to me.
Point, I should mention that Reiner did say something about a mission, but I guess it could have been anything.
Old 2013-05-19, 16:35   Link #258
apotheosis
Shinigami

Quote:
He's actually mellowed out the aspect of himself thoughout episode 4-5. Even then the only people Eren really done that to were the Garrison members (who were laying about on their jobs) and Jean. But Jean tends to provoke fights with him anyway.
That's true, he has mellowed some. I liked him much better in episodes 4+ than in 1-3, where he was really grating on me.

My comments were more to show that Eren has consistently shown this behavior (even if not as badly each time), whereas Mikasa has gone overboard once, right after hearing her surrogate brother died.

Regardless, I like the show enough that I can deal with a little bit of angry shounen lead!
apotheosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 16:52   Link #259
askara

well its pretty obvious who that giant is base on the fabulous hair and the fighting pose of Anna and the fact the main character never die. so somehow Eren's father know how to make titan? i am getting same vibe from claymore, hopefully it is not a testing ground or something.

and Mikasa's speech is awesome combine with that insert music give me goosebumps XD
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 17:04   Link #260
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
well its pretty obvious who that giant is base on the fabulous hair and the fighting pose of Anna and the fact the main character never die. so somehow Eren's father know how to make titan? i am getting same vibe from claymore, hopefully it is not a testing ground or something.

and Mikasa's speech is awesome combine with that insert music give me goosebumps XD
I really didn't like the ost with the vocals. I feel the osts with out vocals in this series outshine the ones that do or this could simply be a case of good song wrong time. Really felt the scene did not need the song.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-05-19 at 17:19.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote