AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-05-29, 19:24   Link #81
tetsuo69

what a waste of chapter but now that its over I hope we can get to the real fight next week.
Old 2013-05-29, 19:29   Link #82
justavisitor

why is everyone hating Sakura here...when you have the more stupid moment with Madara and Harashima in this chapter?

Madara, knowing that he got defeated by a clone from Harashima before, sits down and refuses to fight, and Harashima's clone actually happily complies...what the heck is this? Isn't ninja famous for using tricks? So madara all of a sudden adds a rule that all ninjas cannot use clone in order to make sure that Madara's powerful genjutsu works. S-rank talk-no-jutsu right here XD

Many things are way more cheesy than usual in this chapter, and Sakura is actually the least of the problem here, imo of course
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 20:01   Link #83
Fruits Basket Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So, they spent half the chapter having Sakura talk about how she doesn't want to be protected by Naruto and Sasuke. She then proceeds to obliterate a large number of Juubi spawn, get cocky, and then has to be saved by Naruto and Sasuke again. And she's... elated that Sasuke saved her. Good job, girl, you actually moved even lower in my perception while showcasing your badassery. Didn't know that was possible.
To be fair, she seem to only mention Sasuke's name because he was the first one she noticed who landed near her (she was shielding her eyes right before that panel).

But yeah, this power up does kind of feel like an ass pull....she could have used this power during the Pein Arc.
Fruits Basket Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 20:41   Link #84
itachi-san314

so my sick, twisted mind came up with what might be the worst possible plot development. i sincerely hope that me posting this idea negates the possibility of it ever happening. anyway, what if orochimaru heals tsunade and edo-tenseis jiraiya and we see the return of team hiruzen?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 21:08   Link #85
thermopyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
>Sakura heals people in the background, aka not doing that much spectacular stuff
>>>SO MUCH WASTED POTENTIAL

>Sakura unleashed a large scale attack that takes out several juubi spawns and has quite the destructive power
>>>SHE STILL SUCKS

Shippers gonna complain no matter what.
Fixed. In this case NaruHina shippers. Which makes no sense since there was no scene that should have raised their ire...though I figure any scenes that focus on Sakura aka the enemy (lol) is enough to complain about.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 21:21   Link #86
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits Basket Fan View Post
But yeah, this power up does kind of feel like an ass pull....she could have used this power during the Pein Arc.
Oh come on... Its plausible that she simply wasn't good enough at it for it to be effective during that time, and of course the fact that she was busy doing her main job, healing people. Tsunade herself didn't spend much energy going on offensive either because she knew she'd make more of a beneficial impact healing, since noone is as proficient at it as she is.

Honestly, is it really that much of a stretch that Tsunade taught Sakura the same technique she's been using for so long? You guys are acting as though shes awakened a rinnegan, when all shes done here is the same thing shes always done, just on a bigger scale.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 21:53   Link #87
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I don't get it. Haven't we already seen Sakura punch things strongly? Why is Naruto all surprised?
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Because apparently it's bigger...?
I think you forgot how much power Sakura's punch used to pack because this one was easily 100 times more powerful than before, take a look a chapter 246 for comparison.
Still, in order to keep up with the asspullwer-up of late the author should have had her take the Juubi by the arm, waltz it around in the air, crush it against the barrier repeatedly, tear of its arm and use it as a suppository.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
why is everyone hating Sakura here...
Essentially she likes Sasuke and not Naruto and Naruto apparently still likes her and not Hinata but really most fandoms like to hate her for various reason.

Quote:
Madara, knowing that he got defeated by a clone from Harashima before, sits down and refuses to fight, and Harashima's clone actually happily complies...what the heck is this? Isn't ninja famous for using tricks? So madara all of a sudden adds a rule that all ninjas cannot use clone in order to make sure that Madara's powerful genjutsu works. S-rank talk-no-jutsu right here XD
You misunderstand the situation, Hashirama's clone cannot possibly defeat Edo-Madara on its own, Shodai sent it to stall Madara for long enough to deal with the Juubi first. It just so happen that Madara can't care less about all this, he only cares about fighting Hashirama and he would rather wait until he's finished with those Juubimon rather than wasting his time with a fake.
And beside his Hashirama obsession the fact is that he cannot go further with his plan until Obito resuscitates him. He probably doesn't think the Alliance can do anything permanent about the Juubi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
so my sick, twisted mind came up with what might be the worst possible plot development. i sincerely hope that me posting this idea negates the possibility of it ever happening. anyway, what if orochimaru heals tsunade and edo-tenseis jiraiya and we see the return of team hiruzen?
Sweet mother of mercy.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 22:09   Link #88
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
Fixed. In this case NaruHina shippers. Which makes no sense since there was no scene that should have raised their ire...though I figure any scenes that focus on Sakura aka the enemy (lol) is enough to complain about.
I used to be a NaruSaku shipper, but that was because I just wanted him to get the girl he wanted. But the longer the series went on, the more my opinion became that she just doesn't deserve him.
Old 2013-05-29, 22:21   Link #89
King Golden

Sakura's ultimate technique was a Falcon Punch... how unsurprising. lol

I was hoping that she was going to break out something unique to her, something that would make her as wildly powerful as her teammates and superior to her master. Sasuke's Mangekyō Sharingan differentiates him from and puts him above Orochimaru, Kurama differentiates Naruto from and puts him above Jiraiya(but unfortunately not above his father -_-)... But Sakura is Tsunade-lite. She's not the least bit different from Tsunade and I for sure don't think she surpassed her. Forever a disciple.

But I thought she looked bad ass twice: when she was in the air screaming with her fist cocked back.. and when her hair was all wild with her back to the guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Did anyone think Juugo's line might be hinting that Sasuke is going to betray the Alliance? So Naruto has one last chance to save him. Juugo could have been referring to Sasuke thinking about his feelings fighting with Team 7 and his classmates. But it felt like something more.

And what happened to Orochimaru and the other two lackeys?
I didn't think anything of Juugo's line at first, but after reading your comment, I kinda agree. I just don't believe Sasuke conquered his hatred... and I think whatever twist may come will involve Orochimaru in some way. What's taking him so long? He's gotta be plotting something.
King Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 22:28   Link #90
MC117

This chapter was a waste of panels.
Old 2013-05-29, 22:37   Link #91
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
You misunderstand the situation, Hashirama's clone cannot possibly defeat Edo-Madara on its own, Shodai sent it to stall Madara for long enough to deal with the Juubi first. It just so happen that Madara can't care less about all this, he only cares about fighting Hashirama and he would rather wait until he's finished with those Juubimon rather than wasting his time with a fake.
And beside his Hashirama obsession the fact is that he cannot go further with his plan until Obito resuscitates him. He probably doesn't think the Alliance can do anything permanent about the Juubi.
That does make more sense, when I first read it I was like "Wtf" and i would have just smacked Madara if I was Hashirama's clone

Thanks for clearing that up
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 22:43   Link #92
forcerounds

I'm glad Sakura has an upgrade, but I feel like it should have been introduced earlier. Her plan to kill Sasuke would looked less stupid if she had that card up her sleeve. Her offensive abilities are still boring though. If she has super strength she should be able to throw large objects to mix things up. I'm also waiting for her to summon slugs at some point. Perhaps one that isn't Katsuyu for once.
forcerounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 22:56   Link #93
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Oh yeah the Weekly Shonen Jump issue had a colored recap of the series.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 23:07   Link #94
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i was about to quote your earlier reference to this idea....
im not so sure about the jiraiya part (that would be cool as hell as i like the j-man) but if orochimaru is reallly following through with this good guy for now role, going to his fellow/fallen sannin would be one of the more appropriate things to do imo...

id rather suigetsu trying to get close to killer bee and acquire the samehada...
Old 2013-05-30, 00:34   Link #95
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Some other thing: What was the point of the Hokage's barrier in the first place? I thought it was to seperate the Juubi, so it can't hurt the alliance anymore, but what's the point in opening a hole and everyone running inside then?
Its movements are also heavily restricted inside the barrier by the several gates pinning down its tails, neck, arms, etc. I guess the idea was to contain the fight to that area to avoid other villages etc. being destroyed while pinning it down and allowing the alliance to attack it.
Old 2013-05-30, 00:55   Link #96
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Its movements are also heavily restricted inside the barrier by the several gates pinning down its tails, neck, arms, etc. I guess the idea was to contain the fight to that area to avoid other villages etc. being destroyed while pinning it down and allowing the alliance to attack it.
^this
plus we see how the barrier makes quick work of that bijuu dama...

ive been thinking about the purpose of sending off those juubi clones and i think its to protect that cocoon looking thing on the juubis back...either that things is a weakness or something is cooking in there...
Old 2013-05-30, 02:22   Link #97
Cookie-Monster

Does anyone have any "official" writings regarding what stage the manga is currently in?

It is natural to assume that the fight against Madara/Obito/Juubi is the final showdown, but what if it is only a prequel to the real showdown? (No clue what that might be)

Part of the dissatisfaction fans have seems to be that if this was indeed the "final showdown" then the plotlines are being resolved extremely badly.

But if theres a round 3 , then perhaps all the bull-crap happening right now might be forgiven as merely a setup for round 3.

Round 1 was the zetsu/edo-army,
Round 2 is the fight against madara/Juubi
? Round 3 ?
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 02:35   Link #98
HasuMasu
*Artist

It's definitely Naruto vs. Sasuke, there's no way that's not going to happen eventually.

And it's not like it's going to happen in the middle of all this, so most likely final showdown for title of Hokage or something like that.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 09:18   Link #99
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But was it needed to restrict the movement? The Juubi didn't really move away from his position anyways since the fight started. And restricting the tails with the gates seems to be the only useful move. It could have been done without the barrier though.
I think it may be best to restrict an entity like that in anyway possible. If they're planning on sending forces in to attack it, being able to move its gigantic limbs and tails can be problematic. Anyway, its that they're planning on specific attack that requires the extra restrictions.

Quote:
Which doesn't really help anymore, if all the fighters are inside of the barrier.
Well, we have yet to see what the plan actually is.
Old 2013-05-30, 09:29   Link #100
Eragon
Still Alive

Isn't funneling people through a hole against a someone who can shoot hyperbeams an excellent idea to get them killed efficiently and quickly? Except, of course if that someone is stupid and instead breaks itself into tiny clones instead. Or did they enter the barrier from the back? I don't particularly remember that part because of Sakura's awesomeness.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion