AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-19, 04:52   Link #961
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Admittedly I got a bit of a "tee hee" at Kotomine shouting "ANGRA MAINYU" with the whole holy grail bit in the final episode, though it piqued my interest a bit. I'm not too knowledgable on the actual Holy Grail legend, but I started wondering if Angra Mainyu and The Holy Grail have ever been mentioned in the same vein before?
If that makes any kind of sense, I wonder if anyone can fill me in on it.
If not, then I find the humor of zorastrian references in a christian artifact. Tee hee.
Angra Mainyu - the darkness born from the legend of Zoroantism.

The only reason Kotomine called out Angra Mainyu was because its essence contaminated the Holy Grail. They're not directly related in any way, speaking with reference to legends or myths, except in Fate/Stay Night.

And it is only in Fate/Stay Night that several legends and myths of various origins find their way together and manage to mix in a nice harmony.

Wasn't Avenger a 7th Servant in the 3rd Heaven's Feel? Since Servant summons are always limited to 7 per War?
Old 2006-06-19, 04:56   Link #962
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

I think he was more referred as the 8th class Servant rather than an 8th Servant. Apart from his summoning, the 3rd Heaven's Feel didn't have any other odds.

The 5th Heaven's Feel is the only one involving 8 Servants instead of 7.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 05:01   Link #963
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Ah. The wording was what threw me off.

Quote:
in the 3rd Grail War, Angra Mariyu was summoned by Einzbern as 8th Servant.
I'd have loved to see how the Edelfelt Sisters might have utilized their twin Sabers, however, since it's technically only one Saber split between two personalities! It was interesting to read so I'd love to see it at least animated, to even see what kind of Servant it is.
Old 2006-06-19, 07:08   Link #964
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
in the 3rd Grail War, Angra Mariyu was summoned by Einzbern as 8th Servant. Got defeated, then he stays in the Grail, tainting it in the process with evil anger. Therefore it opens the Grail to able to summon non heroic characters, such we seen Medusa Gorgon as Rider and Princess Medea as Caster which impossible in original setting of the Grail War summoning.

Angra Mariyu also granted wish to one of Master, Irish woman, Bassette Fraga Mc something....the original master of Irish hero, Lancer to refight the 5th Grail War but essentially in 4 day loop.

This is what I understood so far.
Oh, cool. Its a nice combination of mythology, but I found it amusing none the less.
I didn't think they were connected, but if they were connected outside of FSN it would have been really interesting. o.o

Thanks for the info.
SpecterVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 22:19   Link #965
Question
Crossdresser

Spoiler:
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 01:54   Link #966
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question
Spoiler:
Not completely sure on the answers.
Old 2006-06-20, 02:48   Link #967
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:

Does rin have sex with saber in the game? Ive seen several images of that.
This scene is when Rin tried to turn Shirou and Saber on so Shirou can ejeculate his mana filled sperm to recharge Saber to fight Berserker in forest. The anime sidestepped this scene very badly in ep 15 by giving us dragon inside.

You can say Rin is doing lesbian thing with Saber.

Quote:
Does shirou have sex with Taiga in the game?
No, not as far I know of.

Quote:
Does shinji really use a command spell to have non-consentual sex with rider?(Saw someone mention this before)
Yes, it is implied that he sexually abused both Rider and also Sakura.

Quote:
Any pictures of the throne of heroes?
Unfortunately no.

Quote:
Is assassin sasaki kojiro or not? Ive heard that he actually assumes that identity and is actually someone else. Does he have a noble phantasm?
Genryu Sasaki Kojiro is just an imagined rival to Miyamoto Musashi hence he is not really a Servant. A Servant must have historical precedent and legend accompanied his/her name.

Quote:
What are the specifics of Rin's ritual to summon a saber-class servant? As in, what specific things did she do that she thought would let her summon a saber-class servant?
It is said that her father left her some artifacts or instructions on how to do so. But I am not too sure as my memory a bit fuzzy on this.

Quote:
Whats this i hear about Illya being "damaged" while trying to control Berserker?
Berserker class required a lot of mana to control which pervious 4 Masters failed which caused the Berserker to turn on Masters. Ilya barely able to control Berserker but it costs her a lot of mana to do so. Not to mention she is a Homunuculus, so her lifespan is shortened considerably.

Quote:
How exactly does one make a pact to become a heroic spirit?
In Type Moon universe, there is spirit that will ensure mankind always survive called Allaya or Arraya. All Eireis made pact with this Force, so they available to be summoned as Servant. It is manifestation of mankind's finest (or worst depending on your view) warriors to protect mankind and having Darwinian match where the best survive is way to ensure that mankind warrior is always razor sharp, ready to fight.

Quote:
How powerful is caster offensive wise?
On Servant vs Servant basis, Caster is very weak, but she has massive area offensive spell capability. In Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, she is literally the Deathstar cannon, destroying area wide target effortlessly.

Quote:
At the end of heaven's feel does sakura just wait till she grows old? Is there anymore to the ending?
Yes, she wait for long dead Shirou until she grown old. The only thing I remember is, she grew flowers in Shirou's place to pass her time, waiting for him.
Old 2006-06-20, 03:24   Link #968
Question
Crossdresser

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-20, 03:30   Link #969
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I have taken the liberty of editing your quote, yet again, but am merely adding this line because for some weird reason it has been said that this message was too short and could not be accepted into the medium of discussion. To correct this mistake, I have added this on.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-20, 03:34   Link #970
Question
Crossdresser

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-20, 04:19   Link #971
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Genryu Sasaki Kojiro is just an imagined rival to Miyamoto Musashi hence he is not really a Servant. A Servant must have historical precedent and legend accompanied his/her name.
That doesn't make Kojirou non-eligible to Servantship IIRC.

There is a whole legend surrounding Sasaki Kojirou and while some people believe he's never existed, some others are damn sure he has.

If you take it that way, then Heracles is non-eligible to being a Servant since there is only writings about him as a myth. Pretty much like Kojirou and many others actually.

The only Eirei's than CAN have existed according to some experts in assyriology and medieval history are: Gilgamesh & King Arthur (also known as Arturus, since he's believed to be a Roman at the beginning)
Old 2006-06-20, 08:51   Link #972
Question
Crossdresser

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-20, 09:08   Link #973
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Imaging also consists in modifying physical capabilities of the body.

Shirou did that unpurposely when he most needed it against Rider.

He also does it in HF : imaging Berserker's strength and thus acquiring it.
Old 2006-06-20, 09:44   Link #974
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Rider can't use it mostly because Shinji's a dumbass and can't supply her with mana. That and, with Shinji being a dumbass, he doesn't even know about Rider's Noble Phantasms.
Old 2006-06-20, 11:35   Link #975
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Here's my first question in the thread:

Don't any of you feel depressed or sad now that the anime is all over?

Old 2006-06-20, 12:05   Link #976
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
Here's my first question in the thread:

Don't any of you feel depressed or sad now that the anime is all over?

There's always the game to keep me thinking.

The last scene was touching, pretty much.

If you're talking about any feelings of sadness incurred after having watched the whole series, I'd have to say that the only reason I became sad after watching Fate/Stay Night would be how intensely good the endings of Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel could have been if they were animated as well.

*weeps at the thought*
Old 2006-06-20, 21:47   Link #977
Question
Crossdresser

Spoiler:

Last edited by Question; 2006-06-20 at 22:04.
Old 2006-06-20, 22:04   Link #978
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Spoiler:
Not only does it make it easier for him to Trace swords after Imaging them (hint they're the same cough), but the vast amounts of swords present within UBW itself makes it easier for Archer to pick up and use them on the get go.

Unlike Gate of Babylon, Archer, after having Traced a weapon, instantly becomes proficient with it because he also traces the memories that the weapon's owner had, making him an instant master. Which is why it's more beneficial to him to wield the weapons he creates in combat rather than chuck them as Gil does with his GoB.

Berserker can't be killed twice by the same attack, by the way. And reproducing A++ Noble Phantasms will make them go down one grade, to B++ - and it would be exhausting mana wise, since Rin is far from Archer to provide mana support.

Here's how Archer kicked Berserker's ass in the game. Unlike the anime, the game only presented what happened after Archer held back Berserker.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-20, 22:34   Link #979
Question
Crossdresser

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-20, 22:54   Link #980
Archer

Quote:
Spoiler:
UBW - All weapons ranging from at B++ to E-. Highest weapon rank that can be traced is A++. EX weapons cannot be traced because they cannot be replicated with the materials of this world.

Excalibur - A++, can damage Berserker, massive mana usage

Berserker cannot be harmed by any Noble Phantasm with a rank of C+ or lower

The forest scene explains how she summoned Berserker: her family threw her into a pack of wolves alone, forcing her to call him out.

Mirror moon is translating Fate/Stay Night, check out their website.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote