AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2006-11-11, 12:33   Link #261
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

You know, Freud and Jung would've concluded a number of things about you With the center of them being : Face it, deep inside you do like lolis LOL

And I wouldn't call Kaede cute, "pretty" is a better term for non-child compliment recipients.
Old 2006-11-11, 12:39   Link #262
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
You know, Freud and Jung would've concluded a number of things about you With the center of them being : Face it, deep inside you do like lolis LOL
Eh, that's a dumb trend of thought anyways. Just because Jack Thompson is outspoken against violent videogames doesn't mean that he's a closet Manhunt fan. (although his reasons are pretty ignorant, but that's beside the point)

Quote:
And I wouldn't call Kaede cute, "pretty" is a better term for non-child compliment recipients.
Just goes to show you that people's definition of cute can vary just as much people's definition of sexy...
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 12:44   Link #263
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Eh, that's a dumb trend of thought anyways. Just because Jack Thompson is outspoken against violent videogames doesn't mean that he's a closet Manhunt fan. (although his reasons are pretty ignorant, but that's beside the point)

Just goes to show you that people's definition of cute can vary just as much people's definition of sexy...
Still, psychoanalytical approaches ARE effective in certain therapies and there are a significant number of psychodynamic supporters Dumb or not, being too outspoken about something raises questions to those who care to examine it As Aristotle said, the answer is in the middle of things.

Bleh... And why is the green thing in Kaede's game...
Old 2006-11-11, 12:58   Link #264
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Still, psychoanalytical approaches ARE effective in certain therapies and there are a significant number of psychodynamic supporters Dumb or not, being too outspoken about something raises questions to those who care to examine it As Aristotle said, the answer is in the middle of things.
Some people do try to hide their interests with anger (I had a girl do that with me once, only to ask me out later... that was one weird chick; I turned her down), but I can speak from experience in saying that its not a solid argument, especially over the internet where you can't watch them while they're saying it. I prefer the wait and watch game... if they're really just using agression to cover up their interests, they're bound to let clues slip eventually.

Quote:
Bleh... And why is the green thing in Kaede's game...
Because she's popular.
Old 2006-11-11, 13:01   Link #265
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

No, you don't understand. We're talking about subconscious desires rather than trying to cover up your immediate interests Psychodymanics won't say you lie when you state something, they will however say that there are reasons behind what you say that you may not know or not want to know. But I'm getting consistently offtopic, so I'll stop

Bleh... Nerine and Sia are popular too, I don't see them in Kaede's game.
Old 2006-11-11, 13:14   Link #266
Bloodseeker

Quote:
No, you don't understand. We're talking about subconscious desires rather than trying to cover up your immediate interests Psychodymanics won't say you lie when you state something, they will however say that there are reasons behind what you say that you may not know or not want to know. But I'm getting consistently offtopic, so I'll stop
"You ARE a pedophile... you just don't know it." That's an argument that's not going anywhere fast. I can safetly say that I don't pop a spike when I see a little girl (animated or otherwise), so my subconscious desires obviously aren't having enough of an impact to really count for anything.

Quote:
Bleh... Nerine and Sia are popular too, I don't see them in Kaede's game.
They're there, they're just not harem options. And didn't Asa score as the most popular Shuffle character? That's probaby why.
Old 2006-11-11, 16:59   Link #267
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
And didn't Asa score as the most popular Shuffle character? That's probaby why.
Navel actually don't care about who people in animesuki likes the most. ^^;;
From the 2ch tournaments saimoe and ura, it can be concluded that Kaede, Primula and Nerine are the more popular shuffle characters.

The way I see it, it also has to do with the possibility that Asa wont even get her own game.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 18:59   Link #268
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe View Post
Navel actually don't care about who people in animesuki likes the most. ^^;;
From the 2ch tournaments saimoe and ura, it can be concluded that Kaede, Primula and Nerine are the more popular shuffle characters.

The way I see it, it also has to do with the possibility that Asa wont even get her own game.

I believed Bloodseeker was refering to a japanese maginze/poll form navel which had Asa winning both polls. As for Saimoe, way too much politic in the votes. A head to head vote is the best way to determine which character is the most popular.
Old 2006-11-11, 19:13   Link #269
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I believed Bloodseeker was refering to a japanese maginze/poll form navel which had Asa winning both polls.
Well, yeah; for example, the Comptiq monthly poll has had Asa well in the lead every month for some time now (Comptiq serializes the Days in the Bloom manga). That being said, I do agree with Arimfe's deduction: the odds of Asa getting her "own game" probably aren't that great given her being positioned as a main character in this one. Logically, the "god world" would be the next step (given they've now covered the demon world, and the human world). Of course anything can happen, so we'll see. If Navel's next game takes off, they may choose to focus on that instead. Who knows...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 19:28   Link #270
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, yeah; for example, the Comptiq monthly poll has had Asa well in the lead every month for some time now (Comptiq serializes the Days in the Bloom manga). That being said, I do agree with Arimfe's deduction: the odds of Asa getting her "own game" probably aren't that great given her being positioned as a main character in this one. Logically, the "god world" would be the next step (given they've now covered the demon world, and the human world). Of course anything can happen, so we'll see. If Navel's next game takes off, they may choose to focus on that instead. Who knows...

Or they could be saving the best for last. And as long as shuffle spin off games are selling well, they will make more Sia is probably next on the list, Primula and then as I said, saving th ebest for last Asa's game.
Old 2006-11-11, 19:32   Link #271
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Companies are NEVER saving the best for last They want to sell and they want to sell now
Releasing RR after the anime is a good indication of which character sells from Navel's perspective.

Last edited by npal; 2006-11-11 at 19:47.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 20:09   Link #272
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Companies are NEVER saving the best for last They want to sell and they want to sell now
I don't know much about the Japanese industry, but I can imagine the competition is fierce with other brands like Kanon, Da Capo and FSN around...^^;;
My nonexistant business point of view tells me it does make sense to sell what you can, and show off your gold nuggets before they "expire" and the fans move on to other things. As you said Xellos:
Quote:
And as long as shuffle spin off games are selling well
This is exactly what they should be concerned about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
As for Saimoe, way too much politic in the votes. A head to head vote is the best way to determine which character is the most popular.
I'm not sure how big the magazine polls are. But the Saimoe one this year was pretty big. The politics and the cheese where only an issue for the major battles, I'd say the minor battles and the qualification percentages shows a good image of their popularity(albeit primary between the different series, but we did get to see differences internally for shuffle as well). What can be considered "head to head" did occur more than a few times in those tournaments (with Kaede and Nerine coming out on top overall).
And you'd be surprised 2ch is very big, a big majority of the 2ch'ers are actually what could be considered the targets for companies like Navel, so I do think it was a good indicator among the game-otaku community.

Last edited by Arimfe; 2006-11-11 at 21:11.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 04:32   Link #273
Garet Linegod

Quote:
Because she's popular.
Eh, I don't think it has anything to do with whether Asa is popular or not. Asa is included in the game because she played a part in Kaede's past, which we dive into as we play. I believe she is also a closer friend to Kaede than the rest of female cast, with the exception of possibly Primula (who is also a main character in this game herself).

Personally, I wouldn't mind Asa in Kaede's game, even though I'm a full Kaede supporter. In the game she wasn't half as annoying as she was in the anime.

If they really will make an Asa game, I wonder what will the story be about? Sia has her "mothers" and family in the god's world, while Primula has her future (omg imagine Primula 10 years later ). But what of Asa? Ama's past maybe? But then it'll become Ama's story instead? And wouldn't then the story be too similar to Tick Tack in terms of the plot?
Garet Linegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 04:57   Link #274
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Linegod View Post
...Ama's past maybe? But then it'll become Ama's story instead?...
Duuu it, Navel. Duuuuuuu it !!! :x

*cough*

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 08:30   Link #275
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Send a message via MSN to Klover
good job, dude.Where can i order the game except from the official websites? Can't read japanese very well.
Klover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 09:26   Link #276
Cloudy

Quote:
Also, Li Jianlang fails for being a pedophile.
If you read her ''the melancholy of me ED photoshoot'' blog entry,you will know that Jianlang is female judging from the photos and most females aren't pedophile.

Unless she is a lesbian or a shotacon.
Old 2006-11-13, 13:13   Link #277
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
So, which one of you Navelheads are getting the bed sheet (site may be nsfw)? ;o
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 13:30   Link #278
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
So, which one of you Navelheads are getting the bed sheet (site may be nsfw)? ;o
There's also the Primula pillow casing that comes with the next issue of Dengeki Hime using this image:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...159#post724159

On sale at the end of December. :x
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 09:43   Link #279
Sawamura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klover View Post
good job, dude.Where can i order the game except from the official websites? Can't read japanese very well.
Try ebay already ?? good luck dude
Sawamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 10:57   Link #280
Klover
Shuffle! 大好

Send a message via MSN to Klover
So do you mean you had order in ebay,i can't find the web .Could you send me the link.Arigato ozaimasu.
Klover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ero-game, eroge, navel, pc game, school life, visual novel